Just when I though I couldn't hate people any more than I do... | FerrariChat

Just when I though I couldn't hate people any more than I do...

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Ianjoub, Mar 30, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ianjoub

Ianjoub Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2019
    Homosassa, FL USA
    Full Name:
    Ian Joubert
    Thecadster, whatheheck, kes7u and 6 others like this.
  2. gilly6993

gilly6993 Formula 3

Aug 20, 2009
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I agree. general people suck. That person is a just a miserable POS...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Once I realized the human race was a disgusting waste of space, stuff like this happening to me stopped bothering me. Because now i expect the worst out of the human race.

Sorry about your car.

4. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Where were you parked? Any chance some house or business had security cameras recording? Did you report it to the police? The scumbag may have done this to other cars nearby to yours. Other security cameras may have caught the person on video in the area.

flat_plane_eddie and Ianjoub like this.
  5. Ianjoub

Ianjoub Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2019
    Homosassa, FL USA
    Full Name:
    Ian Joubert
    I was out bar hopping for 2 days. It could have happened at any number of different places. I did not report it as I didn't even know which day it happened, never mind where. I daily drive this thing so I don't walk around it and inspect it all the time.

6. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO
    So sorry for your experience, thats why I never leave my car out of my line of site. The human race is a degenerate one, I dont want to insult God, I stopped wondering why people are the way they are. Same with politics, after this last run of insanity, I completely removed myself from the news and all of politics. God is in charge as far as Im concerned. Hopefully you can find a good painter who can fix that area and blend it in as to avoid a major paint job, thats what insurance is for.

Thank you

7. Ianjoub

Ianjoub Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2019
    Homosassa, FL USA
    Full Name:
    Ian Joubert

I am not going to fix it. This is a daily driver and has all sorts of scratches and rock chips already. I am going to just wear it out and sell it as is when it gets north of 100k miles. Someone will be able to get in a 458 for short money when I am done!

I am just irritated because I will have to look at it for the next 3-4 years.

8. Boy Wonder

Boy Wonder Karting

May 23, 2014
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Fred Wolf
    I hesitate to leave my car anywhere, in a large mall parking area i leave it far from the foot traffic area, I was thinking of a "road trip" but then started wondering where i would leave the car overnight,,, i guess we all have to take our chances.

timjen88 and Ianjoub like this.
  9. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    sorry to hear this this is awful

F2003-GA and Ianjoub like this.
  10. Stams

Stams Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 30, 2020
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Given what has happened over the past year, I am very concerned about how people perceive my 458.

Until life gets back to normal she doesn’t rest unless it’s for a fill up or tucked in the garage.

I don’t trust anyone during these times.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

11. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Very sorry to hear OP. I had my new sports car back in 2003 vandalized, too, with huge key marks along the passenger door. It was under a locked car cover no less...18 years later it's still there and won't bother repainting for it to happen again. People suck.

It's never going back to "normal" or how it was before. Money printing and asset purchasing (quantitative easing) will further widen the wealth-poor gap and there will be more resentment to those with greater wealth and in return more vandalism...

Agreed. Humans have a parasitic relationship with the environment and are not an endangered species and so many wonder why the way things are yet they insist on creating more people. They're also probably the dumbest species on the planet as they are the only species that destroys its own habitat.

12. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    Shocked and Surprised. Not.

I'm just waiting for the comment blaming the recipient. "You should have known better to bring a nice car like that to.. " blah blah blah.

I blame our society and the lack of respect for other peoples property and the lack of repercussions for such things. If you knew that doing this would get you physical harm, people wouldn't do it. As it is, people know that they can destroy your nice things and engage in mayhem because you can't exact retribution or justice for said action.

ScreaminKaw, kes7u, Red 27 and 6 others like this.
  13. Stams

Stams Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 30, 2020
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Agreed. Humans have a parasitic relationship with the environment and are not an endangered species and so many wonder why the way things are yet they insist on creating more people. They're also probably the dumbest species on the planet as they are the only species that destroys its own habitat.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

I have heard this talk before! Lol

ZF123, defiant, ginoBBi512 and 2 others like this.
  14. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    happened to my porsche recently.
    scumbags are multiplying.

15. INTMD8

INTMD8 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 10, 2007
    Lake Villa IL
    Sorry to hear that! Looks like it may be able to be wet sanded/polished if not completely through the clear.

Ianjoub, NMNMNMN and ginoBBi512 like this.
  16. LMPDesigner

LMPDesigner F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 5, 2003
    Atlanta Georgia
    Why I was born a misanthrope!

Ianjoub and ginoBBi512 like this.
  17. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO

Thats exactly how Im when driving my 328, and to be quite honest, for the better part of my ownership, once Im in the car driving, I never get out, unless its to fill up, or take a picture.

sahn44, AD211 and timjen88 like this.
  18. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO
    Here in California, unless its a major heist, the police wont even investigate, the prosecutor does not want to deal with it. The criminals are getting quite embolden , at least here in Los Angeles. All my bikes are in the garage, and my Ferrari is in my shop, in a gated, well lit complex, with security cameras all over.

Thank you

F2003-GA likes this.
  19. HotShoe

HotShoe F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2008
    Lake Worth, FL
    Full Name:
    Anthony Lauro
    God help anyone if I ever catch them doing that.

FWIW I have driven and left Ferrari's in all imaginable places from movie theaters to shopping malls, even Walmarts without issue. IMO bars are the #1 place where this is most likely to happen. You have jealous, spiteful dirt bags fueled by alcohol just looking for trouble. All it takes is for them to see you get attention from a woman they like are just appear happy and successful.

I agree though, people suck.

Ianjoub, ZF123 and jm2 like this.
  20. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Guys, this is teetering on the EDGE of P&R, ScreaminRevs fell over that edge, permanent thread ban for him, no sitewide ban.

D

SVCalifornia likes this.
  21. jjtjr

jjtjr Formula Junior

Aug 29, 2016
    Vermont
    Full Name:
    john truskowski
    Ever since I purchased my Ferrari I have been very weary about leaving it anywhere where it could be damaged. And not that I am overly concerned about vandalism (due to where I live) and not that it couldn't happen, but that someone could back into it or ding it with their door etc. It seems that way even with any new vehicle or nice vehicle, but go ahead and drive a beater anywhere and you wont see so much as a scratch on it ever. There is just some unexplainable force that draws damage to nice vehicles for some reason. Sorry for your trouble, but know this--there are some decent people out there.

EnzoItaly, Ianjoub and ginoBBi512 like this.
  22. NMNMNMN

NMNMNMN Formula Junior
    BANNED

Sorry this happened. I had it happen to a then brand new first one I knew of locally 2014 C7 Z51 fresh off the shipping truck from the Corvette Museum Delivery (They built it faster than I planned on and I would not drive home in the snow). Strangely I had 666 exact miles on it at the time (no joke). Had a video of a guy in a hoodie with a backpack using a razor knife to cut through the paint. Having breakfast at a friends joint. Everyone in my neighborhood was looking for this dude. Trouble was he was a random dude in a hoodie his shoes were unique. But the video ultimately was of no use.

I mention this because after this happened I took the car to a guy who does airbrush touch ups for the new high-line car dealers. He has a shop. And I swear when he was done it was so so hard to find the touch up. I kept the car until the Zo6 was released and almost put it out of my mind. He had to also touch up the color. And then the clear. The job was almost almost undetectable, you had to look at it from a very certain angle in the bright sunlight.

Your photo looks like a pro could touch up the clear and sand, cut and polish to make it go away.

Perhaps contact the GM’s or used car managers of a few high-line stores and get a recommendation? I was surprised that where I live there was one guy who they used when it needed an artful touch up rather than a full panel respray and blend.

I agree with Vincent:

Cheers

JP365, JCR and Ianjoub like this.
  23. NYC Fred

NYC Fred F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 28, 2010
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Full Name:
    Fred C
    5 minutes w Polishing compound should minimize, if not erase it.
    Or, 3-4 years of annoyance.
    Your call.

Innovativethinker, JAM1 and Ianjoub like this.
  24. Viperjoe

Viperjoe F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Lazy, worthless, freeloading, degenerate scumbags are everywhere ..... and in light of the political debacle and decadent state of affairs prevailing in our society, it will only get worse. It's sad to say, but my car is never out of my sight and I am extremely careful in planning where I'm willing to go.

25. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO
    I hope you decide to try and buff it out, or have it touched up, you seem like a nice fellow, and I certainly would not want to see you get aggravated , and have it take away from your smiles while in your Ferrari. Let us know if you make an attempt to make it right. Im going to take a road trip back to see my family in Ct, Im stopping in FL to see some friends along the way, if your around, dinner is on me. All the best.

Thank you