F8 - In line for F8 spider | FerrariChat

F8 In line for F8 spider

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by SeattleStew, Mar 20, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SeattleStew

SeattleStew Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 10, 2020
    In the rain
    Full Name:
    Stew
    Friday I decided to sign the paperwork and put down a deposit for an F8 spider. I’m in a nice long line, that will probably see me getting the car sometime around this time next year. But that’ll be just in time for spring/summer of 2022!

This car was ordered to compliment my 812 SuperFast, and for my wife to enjoy as her Ferrari. After we checked out a couple other spiders we decided to settle on this one as the best all around car. The spec is a no carbon/no shields signature for me. Though the wheel is pictured as the carbon LED wheel, it is spec’d as the full leather wheel with LEDs. If it were up to me, I’d go Grigio silverstone exterior with Nero interior and red accents. But it is her Ferrari and I think the Bianco Cervino with Red leather and white stitching will look fantastic. The seats are the full electric with alcantara inserts with diamond stitched pattern. This spec pretty well matches the M3 she had before I sold it lol. To round out the spec, it also was optioned with CarPlay, adaptive cruise control, parking sensors, front lift, passenger display, and the Hifi stereo.

On to the pictures!

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

FLU, MK11, Headsuppassinglft and 6 others like this.
  2. harrish1985

harrish1985 Formula Junior

Jun 17, 2016
    Miami, FL
    Very nice! My dealer advised me that F8 Spider production is slowing and for new orders they're about 18 months. I hope you do get yours this next year. I was advised for my F8 Spider I may possibly be looking at Q4 '21 or Q1 '22 and I ordered mine in August of '20!

Chizz likes this.
  3. SeattleStew

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 10, 2020
    In the rain
    Full Name:
    Stew
    Honestly, it showing up much later doesn't bother me much. I have my 812 to enjoy until the F8 spider shows up. Q3/4 of '22 isn't ideal time in Seattle for a spider, but we'll see what happens. For now, my savings account thanks the Ferrari production line lol

RossoF8 likes this.
  4. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    italiafan and SeattleStew like this.
  5. SeattleStew

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 10, 2020
    In the rain
    Full Name:
    Stew
    Good call on the leather for the headliner, I'm going to have to look at that option. I've been spending a lot of time with the special options PDF and thinking about any special additions. So my spec will probably change a little bit before I have to lock it in.

I have the LED Leather wheel in my 812, it's very good! No carbon for me!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

As for the full spec here it is:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

italiafan and MANDALAY like this.
  6. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Just a thought if your going red accents ild just have black as the other colour not a mix with charcoal. Mixing colours IMO.

The other 2 things i did was leather on the fire wall where the net is and also behind the seats. Since you are going red seats do you know what colour is behind them ? If its black or red it still wont be leather as you have to pick that option . But if you do both behind the seats and roof has a very nice contrast with the stitching.

7. SeattleStew

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 10, 2020
    In the rain
    Full Name:
    Stew
    I did red leather seat backs, but didn't change the rear firewall color/material. I'm trying to not get too insane with the spec. Right now my spec is just about $370k USD. That's pretty much what I'd like to keep the spec at unless there is an option I really should change/add.

MANDALAY likes this.
  8. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Get shields. Resale will be significantly hampered without it. I’d also get Goldrake seats.

Bianco Cervino is great but just know that the red interior is a lot more red than what shows up on the configurator. I love it but just be aware of that.

GT2goneF likes this.
  9. SeattleStew

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 10, 2020
    In the rain
    Full Name:
    Stew
    I’m not a fan of shields, and don’t care how it effects the resale. I will forever be that client who doesn’t order the shields. I think the shields clash color wise, and line wise.

As far as the red, it is certainly brighter in person. That’s why I opted to keep a decent amount of black in the interior. I’ve seen an all red interior, and boy was it loud and bright lol. I find this to be a happy medium as what I’ve spec’d, I’ve seen on other V8 spiders.

10. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I like the red personally and it looks much better than the rendering. As long as you have seen it in person you are good to go.

11. SeattleStew

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 10, 2020
    In the rain
    Full Name:
    Stew
    Agreed, I think the red is much better in person. My wife loves a red interior, I'm more of a black with some red contrast stitching fan myself. But I got to enjoy specing my 812, so I let her do the spec on the F8 spider.

12. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Happy wife happy life :)

SeattleStew likes this.
  13. Ngcanada

Ngcanada Formula Junior

May 16, 2016
    Ottawa Canada
    Nice build for the lady! Congats to her

SeattleStew likes this.
  14. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Beautiful!
    I love the leather LED wheel without CF...did the same with my 812GTS build since more GT-like in concept. I too am growing a little weary of all the cars being specc’d dripping in CF. The aluminum color for non-CF bits is very classy.
    I know you commented about not liking shields, so I won’t dog-pile on that too much, but there will come a day when you’ll want to sell it and in US market the “exotic midengined” car without shields will suffer far more than the GT-like 812. I am part of a large group of Ferrari enthusiasts club and we were chatting about this one day—not a single person would even consider a midengined car without shields (me included), the V12s are different and they would.

MANDALAY and SeattleStew like this.
  15. SeattleStew

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 10, 2020
    In the rain
    Full Name:
    Stew
    I’m not worried at all about the resale on it. I’ll suffer far more because it’s going to have like 150k miles on it if I ever do sell it. I don’t tend to sell cars, it’s part of the way I justify spending all this money on them. If I’m going to spend so much money on cars, I better amortize that enjoyment for many many years. For cars that I do plan to resell, I buy them used and under market value. But I do understand that 95/100 potential buyers require shields when buying used.

AD211, GT2goneF, MANDALAY and 2 others like this.
  16. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    I agree with you and respect that very much! My (current) 4 Ferrari’s have a combined 70K miles thus far. :)

GT2goneF and SeattleStew like this.
  17. SeattleStew

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 10, 2020
    In the rain
    Full Name:
    Stew
    Hell yeah! These cars are meant to be driven. I'm sitting just below 9k miles on my 812SF that I've had in my possession since mid-August.

18. dekmaster

dekmaster Rookie

Nov 24, 2017
    I agree, I didn’t get shield either. Actually, I got 0 options ;). Just like my 488 Spider had. Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

harrish1985 and Clembo like this.
  19. RossoF8

RossoF8 Karting

Aug 3, 2019
    Full Name:
    Todd
    Zero options, for real?! That’s awesome, a true drivers car! Did the dealership balk at that at all?

20. SeattleStew

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 10, 2020
    In the rain
    Full Name:
    Stew
    0 options, that is impressive! I have a friend who got a 488 GTB with 1 option, the carbon buckets. I believe it's the lowest optioned car ever sold by my dealer.

21. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    dustman likes this.
  22. SeattleStew

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 10, 2020
    In the rain
    Full Name:
    Stew
    Another side of this might be that it isn't hard to resell. There's always lots of people looking for the 'lowest' price Ferraris. And since the MSRP on a 0 option Ferrari is going to be the lowest, it will also be closer to the bottom of the price spectrum even with lower miles. So it could actually be not bad to sell, and it also might be a lower $ figure in loss.

AD211 likes this.
  23. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Now he can find a really good artist and have a home made CR painted emblem at a fraction of the value and be able to sell it at a higher cost. The question is... who is up for the experiment.

24. Adamas

Adamas F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2012
    Out of town
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Agreed.

Mike

P.S. Incoming F8S specced without shields, as is 812GTS I specced (which I'm still wrestling with getting). Image Unavailable, Please Login

GT2goneF likes this.
  25. Adamas

Adamas F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2012
    Out of town
    Full Name:
    Mike
    For me, the cost factors at exactly '0' in the consideration process. I did TM for my F8S (have over 100k in options) so the nominal cost of the shields is immaterial- I just dont care for the way they look.

Mike

SeattleStew likes this.