For Sale - 1996 BMW 850Ci | Page 3 | FerrariChat

For Sale 1996 BMW 850Ci

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by TC Johnson, Jul 27, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    wow love the color combo

2. speedyellow08

speedyellow08 Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2012
    Houston,TX
    Nice Color, every other car in white looks great except Ferraris. Sorry white Ferrari owner

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

3. TC Johnson

TC Johnson Rookie

Aug 24, 2013
    Easton, PA
    Full Name:
    TC Johnson
    Thanks again to all for your views and comments. The pictures alone cannot fully reveal the fine condition this car is in. It truly must be seen to appreciate how clean it is. I had it in my garage over the winter and ran it every so often. Started immediately, and ran beautifully and smoothly every time. It is ready to be enjoyed.

Oh, and another ‘97 850Ci with 25k sold yesterday on BaT for $51,000. Just saying.

TC

4. HOF Ferrari

HOF Ferrari Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Canton, Ohio
    Full Name:
    AFG

Yep...I bought that one, I had been looking for several years... absolutely pristine shape, service records, clean carfax, verifiable owner history..... I really liked your car (and I think white looks amazing on these cars) but without being able to verify the history (after many hours of searching), the resale value I felt would take a hit. But, to be honest, at the price you are asking, there's really not much risk...Good luck with the sale!

5. TC Johnson

TC Johnson Rookie

Aug 24, 2013
    Easton, PA
    Full Name:
    TC Johnson
    Congratulations, HOF! That was quite a nice car.

Finding some additional information on the first owner has been an interesting challenge, as the second owner was unwilling or unable to provide much, other than the anecdotal story about the first owner being an NFL player, and the tale about its theft and recovery.

With only that story and knowledge that it was purchased and owned in the Ft. Lauderdale area, I think I have nailed down a possibility as far as who that NFL player may have been.

Still trying.

TC

6. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Congrats! I recently bought a ‘97 as well. Love my E31s

ryalex likes this.
  7. HOF Ferrari

HOF Ferrari Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Canton, Ohio
    Full Name:
    AFG

TC,

Thank you, you'll find a buyer who wants to keep it for the long term and those details won't matter, If that was my situation, I would have bought yours' in a heartbeat, but I turn cars over anywhere from 6 months- 2 years usually...

I tried to track down that info with some friends in the State Patrol, as well as the FBI, and kept coming up with dead ends. But for someone, it won't matter....your car looks darn good!

8. M.Schumacher ALWAYS #1

BANNED

Oct 5, 2020
    Full Name:
    Tony Domicoli
    Is this car still for sale? Has the front bumper been drilled for the plate holder? Is 42.5 its last listed price?

9. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    I think the last listed price was to $38,500.

10. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
  11. M.Schumacher ALWAYS #1

BANNED

Oct 5, 2020
    Full Name:
    Tony Domicoli
  12. TJsBeer

TJsBeer Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 10, 2016
    Valley Forge, PA
    Full Name:
    Jeff Miller
    TC, I sent you a PM

13. TC Johnson

TC Johnson Rookie

Aug 24, 2013
    Easton, PA
    Full Name:
    TC Johnson
    PM responded to. And yes, the car is still available with a $38,500 asking price. Story or not, that should be a low price for anyone who has seen what E31s have been selling for lately, and with the low miles and great condition this one is in.

Sorry I have not posted for a while, as I have been tied up with other projects. I will check to see if the bumper was drilled for a front plate. Having been registered at some point in NJ, it may have been, but will confirm.

thanks to all for the continued views and comments. Personally, I would love to se an F-Chatter buy this car, as there seems to be a nice broad appreciation for all fine cars here.

TC