Isle of Man based owners | FerrariChat

Isle of Man based owners

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by TheDeadPrussian, Apr 9, 2021.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TheDeadPrussian

Mar 25, 2021
    Isle of Man
    Full Name:
    Mark Cox
    Hello All,

I live on the Isle Man and I've recently purchased an 812 Superfast.
    I'm looking to connect with other Island-based Ferrari owners, of which I know there are quite a few. I know of one notable collector and at least one other owner within walking distance of my home in the south of the Island, but as I'm relatively new to the Island, I haven't yet made their acquaintance.

I purchased the car from Romans International and it was delivered to the Island a couple of weeks ago. It's currently being detailed and having PPF fitted, so if you see me out and about, give me a wave!

Best wishes,
    Mark

mattymouse33 and wax like this.
  2. TheDeadPrussian

Mar 25, 2021
    Isle of Man
    Full Name:
    Mark Cox
    mattymouse33, Mamich, wax and 2 others like this.
  3. Simon

Simon Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Aug 29, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Simon
    Hi Mark, welcome to the board. Your 812 looks stunning. Congratulations.

TheDeadPrussian likes this.
  4. phil the brit

phil the brit Formula 3

Jul 7, 2013
    Colchester+Clermont
    Full Name:
    Phil Taylor
    I am a Ferrari owner and used to live in Port erin until recently. I had a home there for many a year and love the island. Will move back there some day.
    You have some great roads to play on with NO speed limits, Enjoy.

5. TheDeadPrussian

Mar 25, 2021
    Isle of Man
    Full Name:
    Mark Cox
    I'm in Ballakillowey - it's a beautiful part of the Island. We've only been here a year, but it's our home now and we love it.

The Sloc over to Foxdale is one of my favourite roads...

6. phil the brit

phil the brit Formula 3

Jul 7, 2013
    Colchester+Clermont
    Full Name:
    Phil Taylor
    Yes, great road and hardly any traffic. Try the road over Injebreck ending up in the Baldwins, great roads over the mountain.
    My house was right down in the harbour in Port Erin. So little crime there, you could leave your back door unlocked and not worry.
    I'll end up there one day again.

TheDeadPrussian and wax like this.
  7. phil the brit

phil the brit Formula 3

Jul 7, 2013
    Colchester+Clermont
    Full Name:
    Phil Taylor
    Oh, and another great road to drive on your side of the Island. Try the coast road from Peel to Kirk Michael. Hardly any traffic on it and some great views.

8. Isle of Cars

Isle of Cars Rookie

May 24, 2021
    Full Name:
    Stephen Glynn
    Hi Mark,

Lovely looking car. There are many Ferrari owners on the island, some have multiple cars. I know one who has a few and is generally a very sociable chap and I could introduce you to him if you like. If you are happy to PM me your contact details I will be speaking to him on Sunday and could let him know who you are.

The Isle of Man Motor Museum in Jurby is also a good port of call as the owners have a couple of Ferrari's and there is currently a 360 Challenge Stradale on loan as an exhibit. There is a car show there this coming Sunday and you would be more than welcome with your 812, there may even be other owners there (event runs 10am-2pm). Once you get to know a couple of people, you will find they know others and before you know it you will know most of the local owners. It's a pretty tight-knit car community over here.

Sadly I don't own a Ferrari, I'm just a fan and tend to be taking pictures of them all the time. :)

Steve.

9. Isle of Cars

Isle of Cars Rookie

May 24, 2021
    Full Name:
    Stephen Glynn
    I was looking for a Facebook post I had seen previously that stated how many Ferraris were on the island. I just found it and they claim there are 59 (taxed) but there are probably more than that with some being in collections or just not registered on Manx plates.

10. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    F308Man was our member here on IOM for a long time, organized Ferrari convoys from the UK to LeMans..

I cannot say I have seen any posts from him in some time.
    Congrats that's beautiful!!

As a Ducati owner the IOM has always been on my bucket list, to see the race.