FCA Membership (?) | FerrariChat

FCA Membership (?)

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Mirek, Apr 8, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mirek

Mirek Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 20, 2019
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Mirek
    Do a lot of you guys join ? Anybody join and subsequently drop out ?
    Looks interesting and I assume they have some So-Cal events.

2. Dave Bertrand

Dave Bertrand Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 24, 2005
    Castle Rock, CO
    I just joined last week. I don't think the Colorado chapter is very active, at least not like coastal regions where most of the Ferraris are, but I think it's worth one year's dues to find out if it's worth it.

Ya think? Given that So Cal is the U.S. epicenter of the Ferrari world, I'll bet it's pretty much one long event that just changes venue every few days.

Bill Phillips likes this.
  3. Admiral Goodwrench

Admiral Goodwrench Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2005
    Santa Fe, New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Robert Phillips
    Suggest you give it a try. I am a charter member and received my 55 year pin last year. Still belong even though my car was sold 2 ½ years ago after 58 years custodianship.

Best regards,

Robert

4. bball16

bball16 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 2, 2011
    NY LI FtL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I am a member for 11 years and Treasurer for the NY region and I love it. My wife and I have made a million friends through the club and attend many events and have even traveled to the National Event a few times. It’s a great way to meet people with common interests.

SCantera and Mirek like this.
  5. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    #5 jm2, Apr 9, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2021
    Outstanding, Admiral!

I've been a member for 45 years. While the local (Michigan) chapter has had it's up's and downs, the last several years have been exemplary. Seems like every week there is an event or gathering of some sort.

6. vdm9

vdm9 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 11, 2014
    long island new york
    Full Name:
    vasilios
    I am only in my second year as a member and love it!
    I am in the Long Island chapter, we meet every Sunday weather permitting for bagels, coffee, and great conversation. I have made friends in this short time and feel it is definitely worth the membership. Our chapter has lots of events for members to take advantage of.
    I would def join
    vdm

jm2 likes this.
  7. Continental AutoSports

Sponsor

Aug 22, 2006
    Hinsdale, IL
    Full Name:
    Bobby Williams / Parts Manager
    For what it's worth, mention you're an FCA member at an authorized Ferrari dealer and get 10% off.

8. MarkTodd

MarkTodd Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 3, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I have been a member in Southern California for 9 years. My scheduled keeps me from going to as many outings as I would like, but for the ones I've attended they have been great. Very nice people and lot's of opportunities to drive and meet like kind.

9. FerrariCognoscenti

FerrariCognoscenti Formula 3

Jan 19, 2021
    East Coast
    The Virginia chapter isn’t very active. I probably won’t renew next year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. ridege55

ridege55 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 9, 2017
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    Doing the FCA Malibu drive tomorrow. We had an ACH drive a few weeks ago that was great and a Peterson event a few weeks before that. So worth it.

Mirek likes this.
  11. Gary Sandberg

Gary Sandberg Formula Junior

As President of the FCA - British Columbia Chapter, pretty obvious where my thoughts are :D.

Be that as it may, the club is also what you make it. If you are not satisfied with the activity level, then suggest events or concerns to the local chapter leadership team. Or better yet, join that team. The new FCA initiatives around the involvement of family, women and younger owners also point to some great opportunities.

Also, two other things to point out. Events don't have to be formal (so a few people at a local coffee shop also works) and any FCA member is welcome at any FCA event.

Okay, ;) maybe a bit of an info-mercial. Just passionate about the cars, the brand and the people.

Best regards,

Gary.

john a barnes, VAF84 and spirot like this.
  12. Mirek

Mirek Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 20, 2019
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Mirek
    Very cool, we went to the Peterson museum the other day for the super car exhibit ourselves. I would for sure be into that scene.

Malibu drive tomorrow you say !?

13. ridege55

ridege55 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 9, 2017
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    Yes Malibu drive tomorrow but you need to be pre-registered. However, some other good drives coming up. I have been a member for almost 5 years and have made great friendships and done some awesome events.

14. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO
    After 22 years of ownership, Im thinking I ought to finally join up , enlarge my circle. This insanity weve been living through has caused my circle to become the smallest its been in long time.

Thank you

john a barnes likes this.
  15. Mirek

Mirek Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 20, 2019
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Mirek
    I went to join yesterday and that particular section of the site was down but I will join when it is back up !

16. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I'm the president of the Long Island chapter of the Empire State Region here in NY. The number one reason to join is we give you the opportunity to get out and enjoy your car instead of just driving around the block and then park it back in your garage. We are a very active chapter but not all are. Ask around about your FCA chapter to see how active it is. It's very well worth the $150 per year dues.
    I can tell you that now in my 8th year as a member and 7th as president, I have met most of my good friends through the club. That is priceless.

17. HotShoe

HotShoe F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2008
    Lake Worth, FL
    Full Name:
    Anthony Lauro
    I've been a member for awhile but I don't really enjoy or attend their events here anymore.

I used to be heavily involved locally at their peak back in the mid 90's but now I just renew mostly for the Prancing Horse (beautifully done BTW). It was really a tight knit group of people then and everyone was down to earth and welcoming without an ounce of pretense. God we had some great times. I really miss that bunch of people.

Things have drifted from being track and enthusiast focused to wine and cheese events with "networking" and red carpets. Lol, anytime there is an event with one of those vapid VIP picture backdrops and velvet ropes as you enter, count me out! :) Only thing worse IMO is a car show with roped off cars. ;)

18. Scott98

Scott98 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2004
    Weston, FL
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I used to be very active and stopped going for pretty much the same reasons. Such a shame they don’t strive for a proper balance of different types of events.

Texas Forever, HotShoe and Labman like this.
  19. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I've said this for 20 years. If you are a Ferrari owner and properly invest in the full experience, then no reason you don't join all the clubs, subscribe to all the magazine, and subscribe to FerrariChat. We're talking pennies on the dollar vs. the actual car ownership costs.

20. NE550

NE550 Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2017
    Omaha, NE
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Yes it's totally worthwhile to join FCA. I've only been a member since 2017, but in 2019 I was fortunate to be drawn for one of the very few Ferrari factory tour slots FCA receives periodically for its members (2020 and (I assume) 2021 factory tours were cancelled). My son and I flew over for our tour, spent 5 days in and around Maranello and had an absolute blast. Where else can you get a chance to go on a Ferrari factory tour without having to buy a new Ferrari?

21. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I agree with you, but the social events get many times the participation for a fraction of the headache. Our local DFW chapter has been very balanced for 20 years dining, shows, and driving.

tomc likes this.
  22. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve
    That's too bad. We are fortunate to have the best of both worlds... track events and social events. We have a very active track schedule here in NY with two events at Watkins Glen and another at Lime Rock Park in CT. Track management is a huge challenge and tracks are very costly to reserve. Attendance is an issue also being many don't want to track their newer Ferraris.

23. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    I would say try them out, as well as potentially other clubs in your area. You'll only know by showing up. If the group/vibe is to your liking, awesome! If not - different strokes for different folks right?

Cheers

Mirek likes this.
  24. HotShoe

HotShoe F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2008
    Lake Worth, FL
    Full Name:
    Anthony Lauro
    It's not the social events so much as it is the type of social events. The ones where you get asked "so what do you do?" within the first minute by guys in pink pants and suede loafers. :) Lol, you probably don't get much of that in Texas though. :)

25. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    we do, but only the newbies. everyone new that shows up thinks they need to impress because we're the Ferrari Club. they are annoyingly insecure and fake. they don't realize most of us have known each other for 20 years. that goes hand in hand the newbies #1 complaint is the Ferrari Club is cliquey. however, that cliquey group is the casual we have no airs about ourselves group. we don't have much tolerance for the d-bags, so you either relax and fit in quickly or you are stuck on the outside. :)

john a barnes, paulchua and jm2 like this.