F8 or STO? | Page 69 | FerrariChat

F8 or STO?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by dustman, Nov 17, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    Time to change thread title from F8 or STO? to F8 or No?

Thecadster likes this.
  2. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Perfect pair in my eyes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    That’s hilarious...

5. Jcmd

Jcmd Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2017
    EMA
    STO is going to be more fun vs F8. Although the Huracan styling is going on six years.. the new styling/aero/coloring option elements of the STO will make it feel like a "new " car. It is more of a geek car in terms of advanced technology, better MMI and superior sound track vs F8. At an estimated 1200-1400 copies worldwide, it will be relatively uncommon. As a track focused configuration, it serves the two purposes of being a looker and a track performer. It defines what 'sportscar" should have.( more discomfort, nimble handling, sacrificing brute speed for cornering efficiency and wild paint schemes and body parts(cofango. huge rear wing, flared fenders, NACA ducts etc. Its a "youthful "kind of car for me. But until I get mine hopefully July/August i wouldnt know for sure which one will have the most driving time.

Shack, Gh21631, SLDriver and 2 others like this.
  6. Jcmd

Jcmd Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2017
    EMA
  7. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    #1707 wthensler, May 7, 2021
    Last edited: May 7, 2021
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Met with the dealer today to spec the STO. Exterior will be similar to the reveal without CF outside.

For those that care, the contrast color is Arancio California; main color is Blu Laufey. The matte finish is not nearly as flimsy looking as on the F8 so I opted out of the CF for now.

I did Alcantara and sport seats inside and dark chrome with blue belts and stitching.

FWIW, there will be about 2500 cars built WW, with US about 50-60% of the market. The Asian market is particularly strong, so lots going to China and Japan.

Here’s the car and the build, which I can still change. I opted out of the exterior stickers, I can add these later if need be.

Hope to see it late this year or 1Q 2022.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

mdrums, Thecadster and of2worlds like this.
  8. Mortarion

Mortarion Karting

Jun 6, 2020
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Jase
  9. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    I went with AdP contrast because I wanted the brighter orange trim. I also added the Livery Package 3 which is the black bonnet, roof and rear hatch. I think it looks better on bright colors.

And I deleted the stickers. Although I like the fact that it brings out the F8 front and rear fender details, they’re just too busy. As for the STO logo, Lamborghini should be paying me to advertise their rig, not vice-a-versa.

Mortarion likes this.
  10. gabf1

gabf1 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 7, 2004
    Rockies
    Anyone have word on getting cf exterior pack and contrast pack. My SA told me there are supply issues and they cannot take orders for the car at this point. Anyone else having this issue?

11. Mortarion

Mortarion Karting

Jun 6, 2020
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Jase
    Yes will be a month delay on my order

12. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    I had to forego both options if I wanted a fall build.

gabf1 likes this.
  13. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    I had to forego both options if I wanted a fall build.

14. gabf1

gabf1 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 7, 2004
    Rockies
    that’s not so bad. I can wait a month. It is worth it for me. Just so over all this pandemic delay stuff.

. What did you end up doing? Forego and get a solid color or use AP options to create something different? I am looking at a white car (balloon) with the blue contrast and full external carbon. I initially was not going to go with external carbon, but after thinking about it a lot, and seeing some pistas with and without, I think the carbon will add a nice aesthetic.

Boomhauer likes this.
  15. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    #1715 wthensler, May 19, 2021
    Last edited: May 19, 2021
    Well, wonders never cease.....got an email today from the Lambo dealer. Seems like I’m the only one on the list that didn’t do a bunch of CF with my build, so I jump the line and get the single STO allocation available. Build will be submitted next week.

Car will arrive late this year or early next. And no idea if it will be a ‘21 or ‘22, but looking like it’ll arrive before the F8 Spider.

Gotta love the Italians, lol!

AD211 and Thecadster like this.
  16. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    Oh, here’s the build if anyone is interested......I may add the Blu Laufey, which will still keep it below $400 by a few nickels....

Attached Files:

17. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    I accepted the no carbon and no contrast pack. I also considered balloon but decided on Blu Cepheus with yellow calipers.

18. SLDriver

SLDriver Formula Junior

May 1, 2005
    My STO is still at status 60 and I'm still waiting for my VIN. There's no delays so my dealer and I are hoping for a July delivery, if not it'll be a Sept delivery. Also the market intro cars are starting to arrive at the port.

Slightly off topic but my dealer offered their Aventador SJ market intro car which is arriving in Nov. My dealer and I went through the PDF that was sent to select dealers. This will be the last NA V12 with a MSRP starting at $600k CAD and a slight power increase to 780HP. I might add the SJ along side the STO seeing how the NA engines will be gone in 2 years.

gabf1, of2worlds, wthensler and 2 others like this.
  19. SLDriver

SLDriver Formula Junior

May 1, 2005
    Looks incredible in black and possible ring record?

Mortarion, Art138, ScrappyB and 2 others like this.
  20. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Wow!!!!! Looks and sounds the part. End of an era...

Boomhauer and ScrappyB like this.
  21. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    Just saw an STO for the first time. It has serious presence in person. Pictures don’t do it justice (but here’s one anyhow).

Image Unavailable, Please Login

SLDriver, of2worlds and Thecadster like this.
  22. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    That would be the reveal. Call me a non visionary, but I spec’d the exterior the same way, sans the CF. It’s posted somewhere if you want to follow suit.

23. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    My initial plan was to do a carbon copy of this launch spec. Unfortunately, contrast pack and AdP options have been delayed (as well as exterior carbon). My spec ended up being quite light as a result.

Note: I believe the standard option orange calipers are different than the launch car orange

24. SLDriver

SLDriver Formula Junior

May 1, 2005
    Ah, finally arrived in Toronto. We were suppose to have our preview tomorrow (Lamborghini Vancouver) but it's pushed back to the first week of June. We're literally the last dealership to see the STO, lol

25. SLDriver

SLDriver Formula Junior

May 1, 2005