Pista-STO- 765LT- AMG Black series | Page 18 | FerrariChat

Pista-STO- 765LT- AMG Black series

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by SoCal to az, Nov 24, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jcmd

Jcmd Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2017
    EMA

Choosing colors have nothing to do with taste. Good point of view from Lambo and some color consultants.

Gh21631 likes this.
  2. Jcmd

Jcmd Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2017
    EMA
    it does photograph well( less to no glare) in good light.. But when you put PPF it minimally becomes less Matte i think. Still does the trick though.

3. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Actually a good PPF shouldn't make it less matte from the cars I've seen.

4. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    Acceleration wise the 765LT is like the 720 with a 100hp tune.

5. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Maybe 150 but the roar of the engine, the vibrations resonating through your body and the razor quick gear shifting, which is the most seamless I have experienced, create a sensation of greater ferocity.

of2worlds and Thecadster like this.
  6. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    Not even close. Go drive one and you will understand. Just look at any of the comparisons brooks has done. (You don’t get that kind of gap from 100hp tune)The lighter weight, huge HP increase and shorter gearing make it like a different car all together. I’ve owned both and can speak from experience.

06viper, JAM1, mdrums and 3 others like this.
  7. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    I tease my friend who is a fully devoted Tesla believer that it's like having a really fast KitchenAid mixer.

mdrums and Shack like this.
  8. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    KitchenAid mixer sounds better and is more fun to use

9. soulsea

soulsea Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 14, 2018
    Full Name:
    @soulseainsc
    So I know it is an affront to everyone's monocles, but as mentioned early in this thread, I'm waiting for my BS to be delivered.

In the meantime, without creating a whole new thread about it, I have the option of getting either an SF Spider or 812 GTS allocation. You guys have been in the Ferrari klan for longer than me as the only Rarri I've ever owned is the 458 Spider that I'll be buried in ... so out of curiosity which one would you pick if you could only have one?

I'm leaning GTS because my sense is that Ferrari is going to continue making insanely fast hybrid tech cars moving forward, and that the days of the V12 are numbered, and it sounds downright peak Ferrari with the Novitec exhaust. But that's a mental exercise not a driving one, so I'm honestly curious on your takes.

I'm happy to wait on an answer till the 765 splooging fest is over. :)

AD211, Spider68 and Thecadster like this.
  10. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    812 GTS all the way

AD211, 09Scuderia, Spider68 and 3 others like this.
  11. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
  12. Everyone needs to own a Ferrari V12 at one point in their lifetime.

If you haven't already checked that box, this is the time to do it.

13. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    mdrums, of2worlds, Boomhauer and 7 others like this.
  14. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Did you consider black side skirts and roof?

15. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
  16. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I like this version

Coincid likes this.
  17. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    Yes, I’ll likely monkey around with wrapping the roof, engine cover and lower door/skirts in black post-delivery. I want to see the car in person first before deciding.

of2worlds likes this.
  18. Jcmd

Jcmd Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2017
    EMA
  19. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    Thanks. I was also able to get a photo of a VC turtle but it’s under low and artificial light so I’m relying mainly on that Sian photograph.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Boomhauer and Jcmd like this.
  20. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    812 all the way front engine V12 yes please!

of2worlds and soulsea like this.
  21. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    1000% just grabbed mine.... incredible car!

22. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    #447 Coincid, Apr 15, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2021
    After 1000kms of driving the 765 LT, my confidence in evaluating the car and revealing my impressions of it is fairly high. The 765 was driven on city streets, high speed highways, isolated, winding country roads and a vacant industrial area, which I daringly treat as my personal virtual race track. The car was sparingly used in automatic mode (only until the engine warms to the requisite temperature and in heavy traffic). Otherwise, driven exclusively in sport and track mode - manual and in the active setting.

The most obvious and compelling attribute of the 765 is its appearance. Its design aesthetic is a classic case of form following function. The abundance of aero treatments not only contribute mightily to enhancing downforce, it also lends a race car persona to its look. The 765 is unmistakingly visually unique with no other super car emulating its design.The attention it garners is ubiquitous and characterized by extreme enthusiasm.

The interior is highly attractive, comfortable and with ergonomics intuitively organized and laid out. Materials used and the workmanship is of high quality.Since it is virtually identical to the 720S, no new ground is being created. The P1 seats are exceptionally supportive and very comfortable. The seat height( adjustable by 1") and angle ( not adjustable) are ideally positioned and fits my body proportions exceptionally well. As a passenger, my wife prefers the P1 seats to the Performante and F8 race seats.The feel of the steering wheel (not the most handsome) , uncluttered by any controls outside of gear paddles, is the most tactile and is a joy to grip compared to any other with the exception of the F8 which reigns supreme in this regard. The doors of the 765 are definitely showstoppers and are easy to open and shut with its clever soft close function.The dihedral doors should be standard on all super cars.The interior space is roomy and visibility is excellent unless the roof scoop is optioned which highly obscures the rear window view.While the audio system ( Bower and Wilkens) seems to be of decent quality, the engine noise will effectively render the use of the system unlistenable. I turned it on to ensure that it was operating but rather quickly turned it off since it interfered with the sound of the engine, which is highy voluminous

There have been many reports questioning the overall reliability of Mclaren cars and the quality of the fit and finish. My car was delivered without a single issue of any kind. The paint and exterior finish was at the least comparable to both Ferrari and Lamborghini. Very reassuring!

The 765 LT , is unlike any other super car I have owned or have driven.It occupies an exalted realm of driving dynamics, performance and capabilities that are unchallended by any competitor. The 765 is essentially a race car that is still street legal. It pushes the envelope and limits of performance to an unparalleled degree. It is not designed to be all purpose but rather to fulfill a singular mission. It is not meant to be a super car that is equally purposeful as a daily driver and a track weapon. The 765 was designed to be a super car that is obsessively focused on performance. There are no compromises in the name of creature comforts. No sacrifices in order to create a car that is easy and comfortable to drive., The 765 LT is raw, unfiltered, immersive, with heightened driver engagement and connectivity between car and driver. The stellar objective capabilities of performance include blistering speed ( 0-60 -as low as 2.1 seconds- 1/4 mile under 9 seconds) tenacious grip coupled with the uncanny ability to put down its massive power ( dynoed at 800 HP at the wheels). The ingenious and ample use of aero substantially enhances the efficacy of creating downforce which inspires confidence during high speed cornering. The 765 feels as light as its mass indicates, highly nimble and athletically agile. The carbon fiber tub results in exceptional torsional rigidity which substantially aids in precision handling.

The additional components that are fundamental to a super car's driving dynamics include RIDE- the car's ability to competently deal with uneven and rough road surfaces. HANDLING- A car's ability to optimally brake and steer.

The suspension alignment of the 765 is purposely stiff which minimizes body roll and spurious unwanted chassis movements. The rigidity of the carbon fiber tub coupled with the firm, lightly cushioned race seats, results in virtually a direct coupling of the driver to the road. While this may sound jarring or body punishing and for some it may well be, the upside of feeling intimately connected to the car is exhilarating. The comfort suspension setting does modestly offer a slightly more compliant ride.

Braking - The massive rotor carbon ceramic brakes are exceptionally linear with a tactile feel They avoid the grabby initial bite so prevalent in other cars. The brakes require some push to initiate the process but subsequently offers a reassuring feel with tangible feedback.

Steering- The steering of the 765 is a masterful achievement. The steering is tight, perfectly weighted, and uniquely direct.Any slight intentional movement of the steering wheel will order the car to obediently, precisely and instantly move the car in the intended direction.I have not personally encountered steering that is its equal.

Transmission- Gear changes are lightningly rapid completely devoid of any delay or hesitation.Furthermore, the paddles and the shifts inspire a sense of quality and solidity.The short gear ratios diminish turbo lag to a level of imperceptibility. The transmission in auto mode speeds through the gears faster than Usain Bolt runs the 100 meter dash.The run from 1st - 7th gear happens by the time the car hits 40 MPH. The 765 tranny in manual mode is state of the art.

Engine Sound and Interior Noise - The engine sound is highly voluminous, especially when driven in the upper rev range. This is one noise banger. It is loud and proud. However, the sound is not the most harmonically pleasing or mellifluous in tone. The 765 sounds angry and determined to accomplish the task at hand. Sonic fireworks will be evident at times occasioned by sporadic pops and bangs. The cockpit entertains with a cacophony of sounds, ranging from resonances at varying frequencies, rattles, the clicking sound of pebbles hitting the underside of the car,and occasional low level vibrations pulsing through one's seat (of which my wife finds particularly pleasing) which wasn't even listed as an option. Once the car warms up, the interior noise (which is rarely predictable) does calm down to a noticeable degree.

What makes the 765 a monumental achievement is the synthesis of unparalleled objective capabilities and performance with the subjective driving dynamics that elicits heart pounding, adrenaline inducing, spine tingling, hair raising emotional intensity.The feedback and connectivity between car and driver is so intimate and tangible that it elevates the driving experience to a new level never previously experienced. The car is transmogrified from an inanimate object to a living, breathing almost sentient creature who is in constant communication with the human driver. No longer is the driver merely the commander of the vehicle inputting directions for the car to obey. But rather, the relationship becomes symbiotic- a true interaction between two different organisms living in close physical association.The difference between other super cars and the 765 is that the former is in an affectionate relationship without climax , while the latter is intensely in love with one.

Kudos, 06viper, Caeruleus11 and 11 others like this.
  23. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    Basically it’s my 720s turned to 11, amazing!
    If the next gen of Macs isn’t sexy that’s the one I will buy instead.

Do you have the senna disks upgrade?

24. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    I have the standard brakes. I have to disagree with your comment about the 765 being the 720S turned to 11. The driving dynamics of the 765 does not in any way resemble those of the 720. They are fundamentally completely different cars.

Shack, Thecadster and Gh21631 like this.
  25. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    I would absolutely agree with that. Had the 720s in the past and a 765lt currently. Coincid, your review is spot on. I took it out yesterday and the acceleration makes your heart race. I just love the exhaust sounds!!!!

Thecadster, Gh21631 and Coincid like this.