All-Electric Ferrari Announced for 2025! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

All-Electric Ferrari Announced for 2025!

Discussion in 'Electric Ferraris' started by ingegnere, Apr 15, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Whelp....thankfully I have my Speciale and an 812SF and an 812GTS on the way...all keepers. In the good old USA I am quite sure there will be gas stations for the rest of my driving life.

And TBH I wouldn’t care if my Ford F-150 became self-driving EV to run errands, etc.

Bas likes this.
  2. alex

alex Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2003
    Crystal Lake, Illinois
    Full Name:
    Alex
  3. Dom

Dom F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 5, 2002
    Not for green reasons at all. Although I do have Solar, which pays for the electricity to run my car. I don’t care about virtue signaling either. I bought the car to have fun with. Period.

I have a Model 3 Performance model, and its blazing fast (for me anyway). I find it fun to drive, and there is nothing like stepping on the accelerator at any time and the feeling my head get pushed back into the seat. It handles fairly well, considering it is a big car, and the handling can be improved by aftermarket if you so desire. The tech is pretty cool, if you are into that. Simplicity is also great. The car needs practically no maintenance. No more dropping $10k at the mechanic every few years for routine service...

Is it the perfect car? Well, no. But, I think we are still in the infancy (well, maybe toddler) phase of electric cars. They will get better. Batteries will hold more and be able to maintain the cars power for longer. As more and more competition gets into the electric car market, that competition will help to create better and more exciting cars.

I do miss the sound a little. But I forget about it every time I hit that accelerator pedal. Wasn’t it Enzo himself that said (paraphrasing here) “in a Ferrari, when you press the gas pedal, you will ****”. Well, I get that same feeling with this car.

4. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    True enough, not EVERY consumer buys for reason of virtue signaling. The spirit of what I intended was that often virtue signaling is part of the objective. EV’s, and the like, have far better application in household cars and DD’s. But specifically for sports car applications, they are a problem in search of a solution. It’s hard to see an EV ever competing with the visceral pleasure generated by the best of breed ICE cars. Hence, the reason I am gathering up as many as I can, while I can.

5. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    1,000 pounds of *instant* torque.

Boomhauer and Dom like this.
  6. Jaguar36

Jaguar36 Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2010
    Cherry Hill, NJ
    I'm excited for it. Ferrari has been chasing more power, a flatter torque curve and faster throttle response its whole life. Electric motors are way better at all of that. The whole talk of sound is silly, the noise any performance engine makes now is completely manufactured. Hell half of them have speakers or 'acoustic channels' to fake the sound anyway. I drove the latest M5 and was disgusted by how gimmicky and fake all the silly burbles and pops were.

I'm also excited to get a car that doesn't use a fuel whose price is controlled by an arab and russian cartel. It'll be great when we don't have to go to war to fight over oil.

I do think the weight will be a challenge for Ferrari, it'll be interesting to see how they handle that. With an EV you need more batteries to get more power, so its gonna have to weigh a good bit. However Ferrari's GTs of late haven't been featherweights either, so perhaps they will be able to handle that well. Particularly with the benefits of were the weight can be placed.

Boomhauer, Dom and paulchua like this.
  7. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Virtue signaling would be if these cars were slower and enthusiasts still buy them. Unless you're doing long races, these cars are fast. For 90% of street applications, electric vehicles beat most ICE cars in acceleration.

Now folks may still not like them because of sound. That's fine; most electric car owners I know don't care about exotic cars. The dismay I've seen has been chiefly one-sided.

Boomhauer and Thecadster like this.
  8. HotShoe

HotShoe F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2008
    Lake Worth, FL
    Full Name:
    Anthony Lauro
    Thanks.

Yeah, I get that (and have experienced it) but it wasn't enough for me to overcome the other negatives.

9. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    I certainly agree on the acceleration. However, for many, brute acceleration is not chief among their concerns when evaluating super cars. My Ford GT is quite slow compared to my 765LT, but that does not keep from enjoying it. To give up sound (and all the immersion that comes with it) for additional acceleration that will be limited by physics and safety considerations, seems like an unfair trade. I can go 50mph in my Performante and have a ball. The sound and fury of the NA V10 fools me into thinking I am driving much faster. EV’s will never fool anyone into thinking they are traveling faster than they are.

Alcav5, Finally Ferrari, arp and 5 others like this.
  10. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Do the speakers go "Vroom Vroom" when you step on the pedal?

Bas likes this.
  11. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Remember a electric motor is not "an engine".

Enzo thought the heart of any car was "the engine", not "the motor".

Bas likes this.
  12. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Indeed! That's why I have both!
    :)
    Kind regards.

13. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Absofreakinlutely! If what you're saying is false, the Miata wouldn't exist.

I don't know if this just the current cultural climate, but I'm not an either/or type of person.
    • ICE & Electric
    • Richard Millle & iWatch
    • Vinyl & Spotify
    • Premier Cru & Screaming Eagle
    • Classical & Modern Art
    • Oldies & Techno
    I enjoy them all. If I like Modern Art, who am I to poop pooh Rembrandt? If I prefer analog watches, my colleagues that like their electric watches are of no concern. My friend's digital amplifier has no effect on my Tube amps.

If you like ICE, hate electric cars, more power to you, sir! A Ferrari 812 VS isn't going anywhere. It's all yours, my friend; nobody is going to stop you from buying one, just like nobody is going to force me to drink a Jean Phillips over a Rothschild.

You like Phillips? I toast to you! Just don't understand folks that don't return the toast so to speak, raises my eyebrow if somebody refuses to drink anything but their coveted Chateau Moutons...

14. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    Ferrari said they’d never build an SUV.

Here it comes.

Then, they said they’d build an SUV, but wouldn’t go fully electric.

Here it comes.

What a bunch of sellouts.

Good for them, thought. I won’t buy another Ferrari for as long as I live if they go fully electric. They can live with it and believe me, so can I. No shortage of proper super sports cara out there. And by proper, you know what I mean.

I’d love to come across a Ferrari quote on a battery replacement service, though. I bet it’s going to be hilarious.

A silent Ferrari that you plug into a socket. Yes, I definitely want that. About as desirable as a meatless burger without fries when you’re hungry.

Kind regards,

Nuno.

day355 and NYC Fred like this.
  15. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    I’m 36 and therefore qualify as a millennial.

My generation is comprised of 99% absolute idiots. Entitled idiots with nothing to offer to the world or to show for. Nothing in the world for them except the environment, gender identity and social media.

My parents are both baby-boomers. That generation is dying, which means most of the best people are now dead.

That may not explain everything, but explains a lot.

Like an electric, silent Ferrari.

At least I was fortunate enough to live in and appreciate how life was when baby-boomers were in charge. Man I miss that. It all went downhill from there. For milleanials and following generations, Le Mans and Sebring are Instagram story filters.

Kind regards,

Nuno.

16. Therry

Therry Karting

May 26, 2010
    they will sell this car easly , there is room for Taycan on the market, so there will be also for Ferrari electric car but this will be not a cool car for me ... but as long as Ferrari will build cars like 812 and Porsche build GT3 noone really cares about this EV garbage :D

Bas, kes7u and F2003-GA like this.
  17. Flash G

Flash G Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 24, 2006
    Hollywood Hills
    Full Name:
    Christopher
    To me, what makes Ferrari one of the greatest automobile manufacturers in history is the magnificence of their engines. The engineering, the complexity, the beauty of the sound, the velvet sledgehammer of power...

All of that cache is lost on an electric Ferrari. It’s just another electrical appliance with a prancing horse badge. The soul of the machine becomes no more sophisticated than a blender or vacuum cleaner motor.

Ferrari loses its distinction.

INTMD8, Llenroc, Solid State and 5 others like this.
  18. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    This should be interesting. So far, Ferrari fans have brought everything Ferrari makes, and then some, even though some cars have been a POS, AND Ferrari treats its customers like crap. This should be interesting.

Mickyd329, Flash G and Thecadster like this.
  19. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    There is absolutely nothing complex about a Ferrari engine. If anything they are quite basic. Toyota, Honda, heck even Ford and GM are well ahead in engine tech. That said, it is not a bad thing. Stick to the formula that works. And it works extremely well.

Now the latest offerings from Ferrari are starting to catch up to the main stream garbage. Let's hope the jump to electric will avoid the trash I have to deal with everyday.

arp and paulchua like this.
  20. VS2K

VS2K Rookie

Aug 24, 2020
    NE
    I am hopeful that there will be EV’s that are engaging driver’s cars. A few years ago I got to flog a Tesla Roadster. Since it was Lotus based, it had steering feel and felt rather raw (in a good way). The acceleration was great as well. If a company like Ferrari can make something engaging like that but even better, then I would likely give it a try.

Dom likes this.
  21. Flash G

Flash G Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 24, 2006
    Hollywood Hills
    Full Name:
    Christopher
    Their complexity in manufacture and maintenance, not their technical (gizmo) complexity.

22. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    No.
    THE END.

Marcel Massini

sixcarbs, day355 and TOOLFAN like this.
  23. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
    i'm die-hard ferrari fan & i'm happy to know that a ferrari EV will come sooner than later' and there're plenty of us expecting a ferrari ev. besides earth oil will be run-out in the next 50-70 years. fake oil, vegetable oil & ev all three will run future ferraris. a ferrari ev with fake old-f1 or v12 sound that is enough to please me. who cares where the sound will come from? do we jump on a running ferrari and then open the hood to check how the sound comes?....

24. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    The earth will never run out of oil. It is a constant. As long as stuff keeps dieing and decomposing we will have oil

25. INRange

INRange F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2014
    Virginia/Florida/Caymans
    Full Name:
    JD
    Will the all electric model still have a sticky interior?