What's For Dinner? | Page 677 | FerrariChat

What's For Dinner?

Discussion in 'Drink, Smoke, and Fine Dining' started by agup48, Apr 7, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. max930

max930 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    Going to see if my family wants to get together and have Chinese take out. If not, I'll just get a calzone from Pizza Pizza.

2. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    that sounds delicious! (where's the pics!)

3. arizonaitalian

Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    In our continuing quest to make good-tasting Indian food at home, we finally capitulated and made ginger/garlic paste at home. What a mess. Made tons...will try to freeze some in ice cube trays for future use.

Tandoori chicken is currently undergoing its "first marinade" of lemon juice, chili powder, ginger/garlic paste and salt.

In an hour the chicken will start its "second marinade" in all of these ground spices, plus yogurt and more ginger garlic paste for another 3 hours.

Then onto the grill...will be accompanied by alo matar...

Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. max930

Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    Going to watch UFC with my dad and brother. We decided to get pizza's from a local indy place. First time trying it.

5. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C

Love it. Good effort on the garlic ginger paste. My favorite ginger garlic paste has been AWOL since the start of the pandemic. Hence, less Indian food eaten...T

arizonaitalian likes this.
  6. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Little town where we drive was having a drive-through fish fry, so we took a trip out there.
    Hushpuppies a tad over cooked, but the fries and the fish were good. Got a raffle ticket;
    first prize is guns! second prize is a 36" griddle. I am hoping we win 2nd prize!

T

7. arizonaitalian

Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
  8. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Guess I'm on a pepper kick. Bought some Weisswurst at the store the other day not really having an idea what to do with them. I figured I'd mash up a few cultures and make sausage and peppers with 'em. Had some serranos and jalapenos already so grabbed another poblano and some cheese. Threw the peppers in the skillet with some onion and mushrooms, then added the wurst. Cooked it all together then put some swiss cheese on top to melt.

One of these and a salad was a tasty dinner. And yes, I finally switched phones out and snapped a pic! :)

TexasF355F1, arizonaitalian and tomc like this.
  9. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

arizonaitalian likes this.
  10. BrettC

BrettC Formula 3

Aug 13, 2012
    Calif
    Full Name:
    Brett
    Just a little overcooked? Those are some pretty dark puppies you had there T!

tomc likes this.
  11. max930

Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    Id want the guns................ The town our property is at in central Washington State has a toy store that sells real guns in the back of the store. When I lived there, almost bought a few guns. But knew I was moving back to Canada and couldn't bring them back. So didn't bother.

Picked up the frozen prime rib patties and a bag of onion rings. Getting the deep fryer out for the onion rings. Got bacon and cheddar cheese to top the burgers.

12. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    LOL. In their defense, the ones in the wife's to-go plate were less charred! A disappointment was that there were no jalapeño bits in the batter. I like spicy hush puppies, not only for the taste, but because that means I get to feast on the wife's portion as well as mine!
    T

BrettC likes this.
  13. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Max, y'all got a bit of Texan in ya!

Our friends gave us a tomahawk chop as a thank you for some brisket we dropped off a few weeks ago. They are, for the foreseeable future, our besties!

4' per side over oak and lump. Off to the side, indirect, for 8'. Came out perfect.

T

14. SCFerrari

SCFerrari F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 30, 2013
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Nice to see some Char on your stuff !

TexasF355F1 and tomc like this.
  15. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

16. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Thanks! I tried to keep the lid off the grill a bit longer than I usually do...T

SCFerrari and arizonaitalian like this.
  17. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    This is how things started last night. Because of how things worked out I won't know what it's like until tomorrow. Its done, just not unwrapped. lol

BrettC and tomc like this.
  18. max930

Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    Bella is in heat. So can't take her around dogs. The beach I grew up on is mostly private, no public access, except via about 1,000 steps down off a bluff. Nobody uses the beach, even the people that live on it. So I'm taking her there this afternoon. Means I'll get lasagna for dinner at my favorite Greek/Italian restaurant.

19. I.T. Guy

I.T. Guy F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 17, 2004
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jason
  20. BrettC

BrettC Formula 3

Aug 13, 2012
    Calif
    Full Name:
    Brett
    Anybody use the Haptiq line of Scanpan? They just replaced a whole classic set, 11 pieces, my sister got at a thrift store 20 years ago. Sent her brand new pans and lids. I'm thinking of buying the Haptiq set which is their best I think. Thoughts?

21. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Brett...I have a scan pan. But it's CTX Stratanium, not Haptiq. I think you're right, Haptiq is their latest and greatest line. My scan pan is good for coming fresh tortillas, omelets, pancakes and other sticky stuff. Despite what they say, I do NOT use metal utensils. Only silicone and such...T

22. max930

Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    Got some pork chops thawing. I'll do shake and bake in the oven. Scalloped potatoes as a side.

23. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Warren Buffet?

Many years back, wife and I were driving through Nebraska, listening to radio. Picked up a station from Omaha. The topic was - what is the best thing to do with out of town visitors? The most popular answer seemed to be - take them to Kansas City!

T

24. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Are you going to breed Bella?

Got Moderna # 2 today, so made a bunch of soup just in case. Plus, extra grub in the fridge for wife and pooch, since they'd never get a square meal otherwise!

Chicken soup. Grandmother's recipe.

Beef pho broth. Didn't come out as dark as usual. Perhaps the bones didn't get roasted enough. Flavor seems OK though.

T

I.T. Guy and Jdubbya like this.