812 VS Rumors | Page 274 | FerrariChat

812 VS Rumors

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Frenzisko, Feb 10, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 456-boy

456-boy Formula 3

Jun 23, 2005
    France
    Full Name:
    Victor
    I’m convinced that 812 Competizione IS the name of this 812VS.

Caeruleus11, SECRET and Jeronimo GTO like this.
  2. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    The why is not relevant. The minimal 29.5 hp increase over the base is not a good selling point. Maybe its a torque monster. Maybe the real magic awaits us. We'll see. Ferrari historically does not disappoint with the mechanicals.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  3. 4re4ever

4re4ever Formula 3

Mar 26, 2006
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Simon
    Ferrari don't have issues selling their cars, Specially the (Special models). If you take into account the 39hp difference between the F12 and the TDF it all sorta make sense. Yes the real magic awaits.

dpw98 likes this.
  4. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    let's see how this 812 competizione will look in the real images. They put a lot of shades in the renders shown yesterday around the six rear bumper and the six trunk lid winglets to dissimulate they are there, let's see how they will look in the real world without any shade around them. In the renders this 812 competizione looks better than the F12 tdf (imho): let's see if it will be the same in the real world.

Ciao

Caeruleus11, fil, isot and 1 other person like this.
  5. OKUGO

OKUGO Rookie

Nov 6, 2011
    reflections --> POWER TREND VS PRICE TREND

599 GTB-GTO 620HP/670HP + 8% PRICE ITALY EX VAT € 205.000/267.130 + 30,30%
    F12 -TDF 740HP/780HP +5,4% € 227.000/320.175 + 41,04%
    812 -VS 800HP/830HP +3,75% € 246.154/500.000 ESTIMATE + 50,00%

IF YOU COMPARE STD MODELS: PRICE OF 599 VS F12 + 10,73% F12 VS 812 +11,85%
    THE SAME THING WITH 360 CHALLENGE STRADALE COMPARED TO 430 SCUDERIA-488 PISTA

WHAT DO YOU THINK ??

JTSE30 and LMH like this.
  6. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    They are not openings: only winglets, like on the trunk lid

ciao

of2worlds and SECRET like this.
  7. Garretto

Garretto F1 Rookie

Sep 3, 2003
    Bilbao, Spain
    Full Name:
    Rodolfo Di Pietro
    Match is accurate as commented yesterday.

Only thing that could happen is that they had a close runner up and they will switch to it as we've clearly guessed the original choice. LOST style :D They still have a couple of weeks to change literature, etc.

That said, I find suspiciously unexplainable that no one at Ferrari realized the "812 competizione" script on the dash hadn't been correctly photoshopped out. I don't think they're playing multi-layer cons though... but still!

8. kubakozal

kubakozal Karting

Mar 6, 2017
    Poland
    #6833 kubakozal, Apr 22, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2021
    Odd, isn't it? ;)

"Furthermore, reflecting the status of each vehicle, the 599 GTO and F12tdf were named to pay homage to legendary vehicles and races in the Prancing Horse’s illustrious past.

The GTO (Gran Turismo Omologata) name instantly calls to mind two Ferraris: the 250 GTO, which swept the boards in GT racing in the 1960s, and the iconic 1984 GTO that essentially invented the modern supercar genre. For the F12tdf, it paid homage to the Tour de France, the legendary endurance road race that Ferrari dominated in the 1950s and ‘60s, particularly with the 1956 250 GT Berlinetta which won four consecutive editions in a row.

The name of the new limited edition special series Ferrari – along with further details of its performance attributes – will be unveiled on 5 May…"

TOFM

Hint or decoy?

jo_ker and Caeruleus11 like this.
  9. perrinnation

perrinnation Formula Junior

Nov 24, 2012
    The Detroit area
    Full Name:
    David
    Ok...thats weird.

I’m pretty sure I replied to this request immediately and was the first to do so. I called it as “812 Competizone” (and you kindly agreed) at that moment. Yet my comment no longer appears.

TO THE MODERATORS: Others here are calling it 812 Competizone and their comments stand.

Did I do something improper?

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  10. Garretto

Garretto F1 Rookie

Sep 3, 2003
    Bilbao, Spain
    Full Name:
    Rodolfo Di Pietro
    Your post here:

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/posts/147856703/

Not the first though.

perrinnation likes this.
  11. renzone

renzone Rookie

Jan 23, 2018
    Full Name:
    lorenzo rossi
    Every car enthusiast will have noticed, in recent years, how every manufacturer is looking for Downforce on their roads, more or less extreme, and Ferrari is no exception. But at Ferrari they always manage to combine this need in the best possible way by combining it with the beauty and harmony of the form, unlike Mclaren (the Mclaren Saber is unwatchable and the Senna just ugly from some angles). The need is the same for everyone, but in my opinion at Ferrari they always manage to pursue this need in a balanced way and without ever getting into bad taste (like Mclaren and Lamborghini too) Now give me some Fanboy if you want :)))))))) hahaha !!

12. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    I agree with you. Always the perfect combination of form and function, speed and downforce without huge wings.

13. [gTr]

[gTr] Formula 3

Mar 11, 2008
    Hamburg, Germany
    I understand that you like smoother/classical lines but your logic of using CS price rise to justify people's preference for smoother lines is pretty flawed. The total production numbers for CS are anywhere between 1/2 to 1/3rd the other two cars. Nothing matters more for collectable Ferraris than the numbers they were produced in. Read enough posts about CS valuations (and there are many) its always about the numbers and the raw go-cart feeling that the car has. Few people buy the CS over Scuderia because they find it more pleasing to look at....

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  14. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Good call

JagShergill likes this.
  15. JJ77

JJ77 Formula Junior

Oct 3, 2020
    Think Grigio Coburn or Verde Nathalie would be stunning on this car...

16. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    Verde Nathalie would be stunning, indeed. Such an amazing colour created by @Bundy

17. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    of2worlds and Jeronimo GTO like this.
  18. Prancing12

Prancing12 Karting

May 8, 2005
    #6844 Prancing12, Apr 22, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2021
    It would be a miracle to see anyone hit redline in sport mode in every gear on a daily basis, let alone switching to Race mode or TC off.

800hp or 830hp won't make a big difference, the real difference will be in the cars handling and of course the aerodynamics/downforce which this car is all about and is definitely aimed for track use. If also they will be using an 8-speed transmission instead of the 7-speed or different gear ratios.

Either way, they're both great cars + F12 & Tdf, all I wish for is a handling package for the 812SF and I'll be a happy bloke.

Caeruleus11 and REALZEUS like this.
  19. 4re4ever

4re4ever Formula 3

Mar 26, 2006
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Simon
    Jeronimo GTO likes this.
  20. leopoldo

leopoldo Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2013
    Full Name:
    mark1
    My main point is not about how much it will growth in value a car . My main point is that classical lines ( not only in the automotive ) use to be almost “ perpetual “ for the general taste than something much modern and aggressive in terms of shapes. However I am agree with you that if a car has smaller production numbers ( and a better sound ) these will help also in its value growth. I am sorry if I wasn’t very precise in my post.

21. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    In my view the real game changer here might be significantly shorter gear ratios, which given the engine will rev to 9500 rpm is I suspect a given, a numerically higher final drive would also make the car feel even more race like but limit top speed, honestly anything over 210 mph is academic really. The higher red line suggests we wont see the 8 speed box UNLESS the idea being to gear the car long in gears 1-3 to account for emissions requirements.

I am quite surprised, that none of the latter discussion has been about GPF....also relieved. ;)

22. mepassione

mepassione Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    I disagree with the statement that it looks better than the tdf

mclaren slr likes this.
  23. hagen111

hagen111 Karting

Feb 25, 2006
    Power = plenty enough. More than 99% of the people on this board will never utilize more than 800hp (or even 600hp) when exploring the dynamics of this car...when using it what it was build for...not dragracing in strait lines.

Dynamics will have to be phenomenal, expect F1 style experience...fast revving v12 matched with blindingly fast gear shifts....superfast (what's in a name) lap times in the hands of skilled drivers.

From that perspective...the most desirable Ferrari currently coming to / on the market...maybe one of the best Ferrari's in history experience wise. This is the car we long for for a weekend drive in the mountains...

As for styling, oemph...a bit messy. Created by a 'tuner' I agree.... look at the rear, so many elements, could be beautiful in their own right, but don't match together ...styling of this car could have been iconic. Still presence in real life will be to drool over...once I will spot one in real life, my hartrate will jump and I will be exited to see it up close.

But hey...beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Congrats who got a slot for one of these...I would take it! Enjoy!