California Car Seat | FerrariChat

California Car Seat

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by russellmcg, Jun 29, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. russellmcg

russellmcg Formula Junior
    Owner

Aug 3, 2014
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Russell McGuire
    I have searched the forums and have not seen an updated thread on this so if I missed it, please let me know.

I am on the hunt for a car seat that fits the California. So far, we have bought two and had to take them back due to them not fitting. The Diono Radian 3R and one by Graco.

Does anyone have an updated list of seats that fit? I have a 4-year old that is dying to go for a ride in dad's new car with a unicorn on the front of it. She thinks the pony is a unicorn, hey, who am I to correct her?

2. Scott98

Scott98 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2004
    Weston, FL
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I used a Maxi-Cosi in the back of my Maserati GranSport - rear facing. Some of their models are pretty compact. I can’t imagine it would be an issue forward facing even in a California.

3. jblakesmith_gt

jblakesmith_gt Karting

Jan 12, 2020
    Huge congrats on new car. I'm guessing she is too small/young for booster? Bubblebum fits awesome. We have 5 year old autistic son that loves convertible car and boat rides. First pic is cali 30, with wife in front seat as far fwd as possible. Second pic is of maser mc cabrio with front seat moved back similar to cali. More room in mc, but cali is fine for our purposes...cruising around town. Good luck with your search if booster is not an option. Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

4. russellmcg

Owner

Aug 3, 2014
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Russell McGuire
    That's awesome that he loves it!

Yeah, ours is just a little small for a booster. She just turned 4 so not for a little while longer. Just can't seem to find a seat that fits this car.

5. Ilbaldini

Ilbaldini Rookie

Mar 29, 2021
    Full Name:
    Olivier Jean Baptiste Baldanza
    Hi there, did you manage to find a car seat? I just got a California T and would like a car seat for my three year old to sit in the back. So far my Maxi Cosi Pearl and Britax Romer Kidfix II are too large. It's quite difficult to find something, and Ferrari doesn't sell any.

6. Gaz2923

Gaz2923 Rookie

Apr 21, 2021
    Full Name:
    Gareth
  7. russellmcg

Owner

Aug 3, 2014
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Russell McGuire
    I had one and could not get it to fit. If you do, please let me know how and post a few photos.

8. Gaz2923

Gaz2923 Rookie

Apr 21, 2021
    Full Name:
    Gareth
    Did you remove the seat base from the car prior to fitting? This seems to be the required step although mine doesn’t arrive until next week so I haven’t tried it yet myself

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

9. russellmcg

Owner

Aug 3, 2014
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Russell McGuire
    I don’t remember to be honest as it was six months back and one of 15 I tested. Haha

10. shifter

shifter Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2004
    Danville, Ca
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I’m surprised the Diono Radian didn’t fit, I use it in my Lusso. For the F430 I use a Clek Oobr

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

russellmcg likes this.
  11. Gaz2923

Gaz2923 Rookie

Apr 21, 2021
    Full Name:
    Gareth
  12. DrStig

DrStig Rookie

Dec 26, 2020
    I have that same Diono car seat in my wife’s car. Put it in the Cali T both with and without seat base. It fits but it’s not super stable and with no top tether I decided it wasn’t great. That’s why I went with the rider safe gen 5 vest. If you want a seat my personal best guess on a good fit would be the waby pico. According to the measurements it should fit but I cannot confirm.

russellmcg likes this.
  13. shifter

shifter Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2004
    Danville, Ca
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Yes I do. I don’t use the lower seat anchors, my son is just above 40lbs, so I use the belt and the top tether. Instructions advise to always use the top tether regardless of how the base is held.

14. Gaz2923

Gaz2923 Rookie

Apr 21, 2021
    Full Name:
    Gareth
    I’ve just noticed you have a lusso, which I assume has a top tether. Unfortunately the Cali doesn’t have one :-(

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

15. shifter

shifter Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2004
    Danville, Ca
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Yes, the Lusso has a top tether anchor.