812 VS Rumors | Page 312 | FerrariChat

812 VS Rumors

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Frenzisko, Feb 10, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Boots

Boots Formula 3

Jan 17, 2020
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jake
    Not to mention when ICE cars are not even the real problem...

Shack and Thecadster like this.
  2. Gianfranco341

Gianfranco341 Karting

Sep 12, 2017
    Full Name:
    Gianfranco
    I disagree to that . I had a F12 before , obviously without GPF and I have a 812SF now with GPF . I don’t really find any differences and the sound is awesome for me . It is more a speculation on it

3. Gianfranco341

Gianfranco341 Karting

Sep 12, 2017
    Full Name:
    Gianfranco
    I agree after I had a F12 before and a 812 SF with GPF now

LMH and leopoldo like this.
  4. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I remember when people said sports cars were dead in the mid 1970s. Regulations, changing tastes, etc. Look what happened, it took a long time, but we got some spectacular cars. If theres a market there, it will come back. In the mean time, all of us have to adapt. If you want what was made before, there are many pre owned beauties out there.

Right now we have the 812 C - I think its very exciting and fascinating and carries on the traditionalist V12 NA mantle excellently for the next few years. I’m so happy they are still making cars like these.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

MDEL, Doug23, Lukeylikey and 4 others like this.
  5. ForeverCar

ForeverCar Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2017
    Is it supposed to stay 1/XXX or will XXX actually be a number that reflects world wide production number?

I haven’t seen the number from official Ferrari material but I may just have missed it.

6. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    #7781 day355, May 8, 2021
    Last edited: May 8, 2021
    I will give you a concrete example.
    It was quite possible to make the F 171 without hybridization and much lighter than the MC 20. It was a possible choice, but what would customers think of a new car less powerful than an F 8 ??? This is exactly the question that Ferrari asked itself and we know what was decided ... When I say that Ferrari has become a manufacturer of heavy GTs rather than sports cars, my example supports this statement, it is a " choice "!
    Without underestimating the new stupid standards with which they must come to terms!
    I would like to be able to answer each of your arguments, but ...
    maybe we will discuss it in person one day ...
    Coming back to 812 competizione, it is an extraordinary machine. Initially the rpm limit was 9750 rpm.
    You have something to do by going to get the 9500 trs !!!

7. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    When you realize how clean a pre-GPF 812SF is, it is totally absurd what the EU did, instead of "weighing" particulate matter they changed to a system that counts the number of individual particulate particles, completely absurd. A pre-GPF 812 takes 28,000 miles to emit a single ounce (28.3 grams) of particulate matter from the engine (i.e. not including brake dust or tire attrition, the EU isn't counting that, yet)

Caeruleus11, KenU, Thecadster and 4 others like this.
  8. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    3 things:

WEIGHT, the battery weight does not change, full or fully discharged, you are carrying around the same amount of weight.

The Lotus Evija has 67kw/h battery pack, lasts maybe 20 minutes at full pace, and still weighs the same, which is a lot, gasoline weighs a lot less and as you use it up, your weight goes down. An 812 has about 160 pounds (73kg) of fuel when full, battery packs are really inefficient on power to weight ratio when compared to gasoline.

gliazzurri and Bundy like this.
  9. Maximus1977

Maximus1977 Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2016
    Customer preferences come into play a lot. We do not represent the majority Ferrari buyers. Yes, I’m sure a large part of Fchatters would drool over a 1100kg mid engine V12 with 500hp.
    The majority of buyers would simply say “ WTF my E63/RS6/M5 has more hp!”
    Big numbers still sell cars; driving emotions that are not so easily caught in numbers are tricky; unless it destroys current Ring times.
    In short, the market get’s what it demands.

Still darn happy I’m getting an 812C and letting the whole neighborhood know!

10. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    Not real, only stuff of dreams, for cars that is, for ultra-low power situations, the nuclear waste battery (Carbon-14 based) could be useful, very doubtful it will ever scale beyond powering micro devices.

https://newatlas.com/energy/arkenlight-nuclear-diamond-batteries/

https://medium.com/0xmachina/the-nano-diamond-battery-ndb-too-good-to-be-true-548066508c49

Shack likes this.
  11. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    Doug also should study up before making videos, he showed a glaring lack of knowledge, he thinks the battery pak is down low, not realizing it is upright behind the seats, he also does not realize the front trunk is tiny because the electric motors are using up that space, and on and on....

Thecadster and F140C like this.
  12. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Jerry I totally agree and I'm sure we will continuo enjoying for a long time our Ferraris with their NA V12 engines. When the time will come that a big percentage of vehicles are already electric, that's when the fun will be even greater. If now many people already turn their heads when they hear the sound of a Ferrari, then everyone will be doing it.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  13. MidnightRun

MidnightRun Karting

Nov 4, 2006
    When discussing the future of Ferrari (and sports cars in general), there's something more elemental that none of you have mentioned - future integrated speed monitoring and reporting. In the interest of full disclosure, I'm a nobody. But, I'm a nobody who knows some very heavy hitter "somebodies." These guys know my addiction to speed. They tell me that GPS based real-time speed monitoring will be coming to the EU, and will end up in the U.S. The future: automated speeding tickets from cars that tattle on us to Big Brother. If you dance canyons and do V-max runs, now is the time to assemble a stable of pre-speed monitoring cars.

Electrification may enable cars to do 0 - 62 mph in the future under 2 seconds, but that's going to be academic is a world of instantaneous speed monitoring/reporting. It is against this backdrop that I have found myself wondering about the future of supercar mfrs such as Ferrari. I don't profess to own a crystal ball, but, prudence tells me that if I desire to go very fast in the future while maintaining my driver's license, I'll need current generation cars that won't inform the police of my 'spirited' driving. What will that mean for companies such as Ferrari, Lamborghini, Bugatti, Pagani, etc.?

JackCongo, gzachary, MDEL and 5 others like this.
  14. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    And you are absolutely 100% correct. So add the EU killing ICE to GPS based monitoring of you every move "for your safety" and hence why collecting non-digital/analog cars is a must if you want to continue to enjoy yourselves.

mclaren slr and of2worlds like this.
  15. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    And I would HAPPILY pay a significant amount to have a pre-GPF car

16. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    of2worlds likes this.
  17. red passion

red passion Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2012
    Hockenheim, Germany
    REALZEUS likes this.
  18. red passion

red passion Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2012
    Hockenheim, Germany
    Amen!

Thecadster likes this.
  19. 575joe

575joe Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2006
    Other than the 999 Competizione and 599 Aperta numbers posted by the English magazines, has anyone been able to get a confirmation from a Ferrari rep or a dealer that those numbers are in fact what is planned?

20. Boots

Boots Formula 3

Jan 17, 2020
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jake
    Those numbers from Autocar and EVO came from Enrico Galliera during a media Q&A held after the live enveiling.

21. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Based on the allocations coming into our dealer, 999 seems just right - compared to the Tdf allocations at least.

of2worlds, Caeruleus11 and Boots like this.
  22. KenU

KenU Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2004
    Planet Earth
    Full Name:
    Ken
    #7797 KenU, May 8, 2021
    Last edited: May 8, 2021
    Always in the ear of the beholder. Always subjective..

In these ears, it was the sole reason I passed, without hesitation, on my GTS order after personally driving one for a while. I noticed the only difference in exhaust note between my SF and the GTS was equivalent to night and day.
    As I've stated in previous posts, when GPF is brought up, I will forever cherish my '19 SF and never sell it.

23. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    I think of it differently, reduced speeds = reduced emissions...

See this possibility:

https://dieselnet.com/news/2020/12acea.php

"For instance, the Euro 7/VII on‐road test would contain no minimum average speed and no “sensible limitations” of positive elevation gain or maximum altitude. “The proposal basically aims to impose absolute emission controls under any possible driving event, however infrequent and at whatever cost,” ACEA said."

Caeruleus11 and of2worlds like this.
  24. ForeverCar

ForeverCar Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2017
    I maybe overly skeptical. Unless the numbers are in writing from Ferrari, I think this is a great way to keep demand high and not held to specific number of units (at least that’s what I’m interpreting for the coupe).

mclaren slr and JTSE30 like this.
  25. Boots

Boots Formula 3

Jan 17, 2020
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jake
    Always possible.