812 VS Rumors | Page 314 | FerrariChat

812 VS Rumors

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Frenzisko, Feb 10, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
    F2003-GA and of2worlds like this.
  2. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    Hmm, what other body panels will be subject to revision by ordering options?

Maybe different hood options, default carbon fiber inlay, maybe another that opens forward, and another without the carbon fiber inlay, who knows!

Changing out the back cover will give the car a very different look, wonder when/if that option will be revealed?

3. roma1280

roma1280 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2010
    Palm Beach, Roma
    This article also states starting price for aperta €750,000 which if true gives dollar price with no options at $900k

crinoid likes this.
  4. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    The write up indicates it is only digital, but you are correct, same camera stalk placement:

Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    Half the price of a Monza with an improved engine and ability to use on any roadway in any country, bargain! I wonder if the Monza owners are the ones first in line for the 812ca !?

6. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    #7831 Eilig, May 9, 2021
    Last edited: May 9, 2021
    True but that clean, crisp, original Monza styling is so delicious - much nicer looking than 812CA. Best to have both. :)

perrinnation and JTSE30 like this.
  7. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    Absolutely! The epitome of Italian design, but lacks practicality that comes with a windshield and worldwide homologation :)

8. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    Wow wouldn't it be great to have both a windshield AND rear visibility all in one package??!! :)

(Oh yeah, you do, w/Tdf/812SF)

4_Eff_Sake, KenU, Bundy and 1 other person like this.
  9. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Wow! I can think only of a handful of quicker accelerating cars.

Not really. Even the quickest of them all is a a bit slower:

I am not sure you understand Ferrari's history. Ferraris were never lightweight (like Lotuses), they were all about power and speed. They still are and the current Ferraris are the best ever made. You somehow like to moan though...

Plus a manual choke and drum brakes. Welcome to the 1960s...

The only way would be to go for indirect injection which brings other problems (in efficiency and performance). Performance trumps sound any day of the week.

Not really, just the limits of this particular platform and engine.

As relics of a bygone era, purely out of nostalgia. No one would use them for serious tasks.

You can imagine which fuse will accidentally blow the moment the car drives out of the dealership... ;)

Highly improbable that they will measure emissions at top speed runs.

Tommy Boy likes this.
  10. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    The designers of the 812 C could have opted for a transparent louvered rear window like it was done before in the F40 and the F8. Because the 812 C rear looks so good with the louvered rear window panel, I suspect that Ferrari designers put aesthetics above everything else. They were able to do it due to the fact that the 812 C could be equipped with a sophisticated rear-view mirror that uses a LCD display. Last year Aston Martin has announced that had developed a new system for its cars that turns its rear-view mirror into a customizable three screen LCD display. Using three cameras mounted on the outside of the vehicle, it displays views to the rear and sides for the driver in three split sections. The system made its first appearance inside a DBS Superleggera.

Such a mirror can certainly solve all the rear view needs of the 812 C but it can not brighten the darker area created behind the seats.

Tommy Boy and JTSE30 like this.
  11. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Maybe it's all these year of me being inside a tank, but I don't understand what's the big deal with not having a rear window. The cabin will be cooler too.

MDEL likes this.
  12. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    So ... between a Challenger and a Ferrari... wich one has the most understeer ? ahahahaah

13. Tommy Boy

Tommy Boy Karting

Aug 27, 2020
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    I totally get it - the GTS is amazing and 100% slam dunk were it not for the my SF. I am in no way knocking the GTS. But after driving the GTS, I knew:
    1. I wasn't going to trade my SF for it
    2. I was possibly going to get an Aperta allocation of the VS
    3. If #2 didn't pan out, my dealer had back up plan for me to get another GTS allocation. It is my build spec allocation that I gave back after my test drive.

Sorry for making it sound like I was knocking GTS - hard to do that with any Ferrari for me. Lambo's and McLarens on the other hand, that's fair game :)

14. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Interesting observations. I might also piggy back your post with a couple additional thoughts:
    • Might the popularity of the 812C direct more people towards the 812SF? The 812C is unobtainium, but the 812SF is readily available. The 812SF long-suffered from a deep polarization over its styling. Might the 812C cause more people to like the comparatively clean and relatively understated lines of the 812SF?
    • Might the 812C also buttress the underlying values of 812SF? For the very reasons mentioned above, the price walk between the cars is rather significant. It will probably grow even further in the secondary market (812C will likely trade north of $1.0M). Surely, that value difference will cause some (many?) to consider the 812SF instead.

Bundy likes this.
  15. Tommy Boy

Tommy Boy Karting

Aug 27, 2020
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    That doesn't sound right - I thought we saw actually euro prices elsewhere on this thread and the difference was much less.

16. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    #7841 day355, May 9, 2021
    Last edited: May 9, 2021
    Silence is the greatest contempt !
    I prefer to use my time for something other than answering you.

17. Tommy Boy

Tommy Boy Karting

Aug 27, 2020
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    All Ferrari's are supposedly pre-sold :)

What is even funnier is the configurator asking the user (anyone with access to the internet) to contact their dealer for personal choices on specs

18. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Haha, good one Olivier. Since all tanks utilise torque steer, they have no understeer whatsoever; they might just slide with both tracks though. BTW, I have also commanded a French Leclerc in a joint NATO drill and I found it to be excellent. I particularly liked the ride (hydropneumatic suspension) and the creature comforts it offers. We can always rely on the French for a civilised war vehicle. ;)

And yet, you just did reply, without saying anything of essence though. Oh, the irony...

JagShergill likes this.
  19. ForeverCar

ForeverCar Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2017
    I am curious if there’s recording of these statements? Or is it journalist claim?

I am not familiar with these matters and am mainly curious.

20. MidnightRun

MidnightRun Karting

Nov 4, 2006
    I'm fully aware of the speed sign sensing technology and its upcoming implementation in the EU. The speed monitoring and reporting tech I've mentioned is related, but different.

21. Frank_C

Frank_C F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2004
    Whistling through the wheat field in Texas
    Full Name:
    Frank Cavallo
    Couldn’t agree more.

Isn’t the engine also “gimmicky?” Higher revs but at the expense of torque dropped down to F12 levels.

When you spec your (resale) VS may I suggest an homage to the oft paraded grigio conchiglia 250 SWB competizione.....and get you another better looking (and non GPF) SF for free.....

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

JTSE30 likes this.
  22. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Certainly more subtle than 'resale red'. :cool:

23. mycatisholdingmehostage

Jan 19, 2018
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Well now that's sound logic that I certainly can understand! So... did option #2 pan out for you?

24. mycatisholdingmehostage

Jan 19, 2018
    Full Name:
    Alex
    LOL, not to stir the pot but didn’t you just break silence by posting a reply saying you’d be silent? Also didn’t you just use your time for responding only to say that you wouldn’t use your time for responding? :D

Sorry, all in good fun (but that was just too much irony in one post for me to resist) :p

REALZEUS and JagShergill like this.
  25. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    I thought S/N 2009GT was painted Celeste Gainsborough.

Bundy likes this.