812 VS Rumors | Page 321 | FerrariChat

812 VS Rumors

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Frenzisko, Feb 10, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 4_Eff_Sake

4_Eff_Sake Formula Junior

Jul 30, 2016
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Scott
  2. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    That's also what I thought by I didn't dare say it… :)

mclaren slr, FLU and 4_Eff_Sake like this.
  3. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Kinda like Porsche

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[gTr], MDEL, of2worlds and 1 other person like this.
  4. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    Well said, Mario. A very successful lineage and an incredible legacy for the automotive world.

Doug23 and MDEL like this.
  5. perrinnation

perrinnation Formula Junior

Nov 24, 2012
    The Detroit area
    Full Name:
    David
    Perhaps its not that they resemble each other in design and appearance so much as they are kindred in spirit and positioning in the Ferrari line-up. It’s like the 812 Competizione is a royal descendant of a great king. Not the same person, but the same bloodline.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

MDEL likes this.
  6. mepassione

mepassione Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
  7. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    I’ll try to come-up with something if I am able to get the right pictures...

F140C, of2worlds and mepassione like this.
  8. mepassione

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    Heard of 2 others that sold recently for just under usd 950k.

of2worlds likes this.
  9. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    This time the 250 GTO and the F12 TDF seen from a different angle. The TDF looks the same length or even shorter than the 250 GTO but the real dimensions are:
    250 GTO : Length - 4,325 meters (170.3 in)
    F12 TDF : Length - 4,656 meters (183 in )

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. mepassione

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    Amazing picture such a dream... at the risk of shocking a few people I’ll say that I almost find the TdF more beautiful...

11. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Amazing side by side, you can really see the influence

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mclaren slr, MDEL and FLU like this.
  12. FLU

FLU Formula Junior

Oct 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    Flu
    I was originally thinking, NO don’t do it! Even the TDF is gonna look ugly next to a 250 GTO. But I’m pleasantly surprised, it’s actually holding it’s own from this angle. Incredible!! Wish mine was tri coat yellow.../cry

mepassione, mclaren slr and MDEL like this.
  13. leopoldo

leopoldo Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2013
    Full Name:
    mark1
    Well.. the 599 GTO is nuch more similar to 250 GTO imho

MDEL likes this.
  14. mepassione

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    I’m glad mine is haha!

FLU and MDEL like this.
  15. mepassione

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    Maybe Mario will be kind enough to show us a side by side comparison between those two masterpieces?

16. jeffmoore

jeffmoore Karting

Feb 19, 2011
    611LW, epah, leopoldo and 9 others like this.
  17. Maggio23

Maggio23 Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2013
    TDF has a lot of design elements that do not fit well and do not look like a single whole. What beauty are you talking about? You are just a jealous owner of an old model who tries to compliment her against the background of a new, obviously more beautiful and overall better model.

ps/ sorry for my english, I couldn't resist, because this forum is sometimes very funny to read.

18. mepassione

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    I’m not sure what jealousy you are referring to and why you seem so angry and aggressive. I will take a few mn to answer you even I though i believe people like you don’t deserve any attention. This is a thread where people share their feelings freely, I’ve been part of that thread for nearly two years and can’t remember seeing any comment from you other than an angry, aggressive and intolerant one. Do I find the tdf more beautiful than the 250 gto on that picture? I do and it’s an opinion that anyone is free to have. Am i jealous because i dont own a 250gto? Not at all i can’t afford it and don’t aspire to but congratulate those who do and salute them. Do i find the tdf more beautiful and elegant than the 812 C? Yes I do and you will notice a few other people here did however this is not the point we are sharing and debating ideas and opinions here with respect. You think I have jealousy? What do you know of the cars I own/owned and the cars I’ve been offered before making such a judgement? I was curious to see the tdf and the 250gto side by side, and if you read my next post also curious to see the 599gto and 250gto side by side ( and I don’t own a 599gto) this contrary to what you think is just some curiosity and interest to see beautiful pictures and reminiscence of the past shared with all of us passionate enthusiasts . Nothing suggesting the 812C isn’t great. Perhaps you are one of those narrow minded owners who think ownership of one car gives some sort of identity and right to disrespect other, for me identity is separate from ownership and what we debating here is passion, ideas, opinion and comparing one car to its predecessors and remind ourselves of Ferrari history isn’t something that should cause anger on the contrary is something many people enjoy doing here, but perhaps you are one of those that can care less of history but more about what a car purchase makes you feel or think you are. Some people here own a few cars, others immense collections but there is no judgement made. You don’t need to prove that you are a big man because you may own soon an 812C and disrespect others for sharing opinions freely. Finally there is no jealousy, everything has a price. Whoever wants a car these days can buy it with money, no need for you to feel like superman because you may have been allocated one slot which many people and collectors here have without the need to show disrespect to others. This isn’t the place to be intolerant and angry, if you want to be angry I suggest you take your car(s) to a race track and come back here with a more respectful attitude.

mclaren slr, MDEL, FLU and 8 others like this.
  19. mepassione

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    What do you mean by “what beauty you are talking about” ? You come here from nowhere with G knows what drives your personal interests to pretend there is no beauty in a car that is revered by most Ferrari enthusiasts? I actually wonder what kind of cars you own and what interest you actually have in Ferrari for making such comments. These are disrespectful to the brand to start with and while you are in your own right to have your opinion you are also expected to show respect to people on this thread and not disrespect some masterpiece from the past that Ferrari created

spyderman and FLU like this.
  20. mepassione

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
  21. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    Thecadster likes this.
  22. mepassione

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    The question is will they use the same 6.5L V12 or a different ( downsized) displacement? Marcel Massini was saying earlier that they will have to downsize, though that article seems to imply the current 6.5L V12 still has life. Interesting how a few years ago the F12B was rumoured to be the last NA V12, then the 812SF, and fast forward 5 years seems totally unlikely... i’d tend to agree with you more likely than not the NA V12 will live after the Competizione

Thecadster likes this.
  23. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
  24. mepassione

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name: