355 - Flashing SDL after I replaced ECUs | Page 2 | FerrariChat

355 Flashing SDL after I replaced ECUs

Discussion in '348/355' started by MrJames, Jun 6, 2021.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Zamboniman308

Zamboniman308 Formula Junior

Feb 2, 2020
    Chicago IL
    With the ECU circuit each of the 3 have their own set of codes. So if you have a suspect a failing one setting a given code, you can move that ECU to another location (i.e. right and left swapped etc..) and the code will follow it. What was once a left problem becomes a right problem. Knowing which code goes to which location helps tremendously. I can't recall which one goes where off top of my head though.

MrJames likes this.
  2. MrJames

MrJames Karting

Apr 12, 2020
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    James Webb
    Thanks! How did you get the codes looked up? Is there an authoritative source somewhere that I'm missing? I found one that said too much fuel additive had been used...

3. MrJames

MrJames Karting

Apr 12, 2020
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    James Webb
    I've ordered a third ECU and oxygen sensors for the left bank. Can't get any thermocouples ATM since Technistrada is sold out and Ricambi is on vacation. Oh well. I'm patient. Thank you all for the help!

Ricambi America likes this.
  4. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    No one has the codes for the 5.2, but the F360 codes help in most cases.

https://www.dropbox.com/t/n0sgEtVd5ZuoyA6R

(link expires in 6 days)

Note however, that F360 has two bypass valves and things like O2 sensor heaters are wired differently.

According to the F360 file, only one code seems to be specifically related to the bypass valve (P1448)
    P1445 seems to be just a general "cat temperature" problem (which could be an ECU, a thermocouple or wiring on any of the 3 systems).
    P1449 is the cat temperature on bank 2 (ECU, thermocouple or wiring fault). I'm still not sure that the bypass thermocouple or bypass thermocouple ECU can generate a SLOW DOWN light. Perhaps that's being caused by a faulty thermocouple on the left hand cat? (i.e. bank 2).

As previously suggested, maybe you should be doing a bit more faultfinding before you start ordering more and more parts. Sometimes problems are created simply by previous owners getting their thermocouple ECU wiring mixed up (Even my experienced tech got them mixed up on my last major). I can give you the wire colours if you're not sure what plugs go where.

5. phrogs

phrogs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2004
    Michigan

Just remember when you all are troubleshooting. On US cars yes there are three but not on Euro cars so Like my 98 GTS is from Germany and only has two.

6. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

7. drbob101

drbob101 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Nov 26, 2012
    Tinton Falls, NJ
    Full Name:
    Bob Ferraris
    Contact me if you need OEM factory style thermocouples.

taz355 and PhilB like this.