NEW MID ENGINED V6 (LITTLE BROTHER) | Page 103 | FerrariChat

NEW MID ENGINED V6 (LITTLE BROTHER)

Discussion in '296' started by ajr550, Feb 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    LOL, funny that the spy photographer captured another spy photographer in the act of snapping the same car:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

BTW, the car sounds pretty nice right here in the video.

jpalmito and red passion like this.
  2. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    Who told Ferrari that having a postal box window like the SF90 is beautiful?!
    This is what you get when you focus in Restaurants and new clothing lines instead of road cars and F1.
    What disappointment from my young days of having F40 posters in the walls….but the pizza and Pastas should be amazing!

3. BB84

BB84 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 17, 2010
    The SF90 is a disappointment in looks to me, but I love the Roma. The Cearabc renders look pretty good in my opinion, and seem to be pretty close to the general shape. Because of this, I'm going going to stay optimistic until the reveal.

Dela likes this.
  4. 4re4ever

4re4ever Formula 3

Mar 26, 2006
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Simon
    Incorrect, this is the result of a new target market. Forcing the classic design language to change over the last 10 + years.

dpw98 likes this.
  5. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Why be so pessimistic about the design of this car?
    It is completely camouflaged for the moment and Manzoni’s design team has done a pretty good job so far.
    For the record when the F40 came out, many 'purists' thought the car was really ugly ..

6. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    Wise words, Mathieu.

I'll be here waiting to see the real car, not a mule, before expressing any judgement about its design. And yes, Manzoni's did an excellent job so far.

9nb, jm2, Doug23 and 2 others like this.
  7. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    The problem is not the design this time.
    The only question is: do you want to buy a hybrid car that is heavy and soundless as a sports car?
    In my opinion, they made a mistake, we had to make the MC 20 with 250 kg less, instead of being focused on power ...
    I prefer a car that is less powerful and lighter in weight / power ratio, than the other way around !!!

italiafan, Senad and Senna1994 like this.
  8. red passion

red passion Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2012
    Hockenheim, Germany
    That's why the they should have gone for a carbon tub. Hard to swallow that the "lesser" Maserati has one and the F171 doesn't .......

F2003-GA likes this.
  9. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    #2559 JTSE30, Jun 12, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2021
    Rimac Nevera is full carbon everything except for bumper stops front and aft, of course full EV, 2150kg (4740 lbs), carbon tub is not going to save them more than 150kg (probably less), important for weight savings, certainly (at the expense of additional noise, harshness, etc), but when adding EV batteries, it's game over in terms of making a lightweight car. Of course if the battery pack is exceptionally small (as in the Artura at less 90kg) that helps, probably the V6 being smaller will provide the most notable weight savings.

ingegnere and Thecadster like this.
  10. red passion

Mar 4, 2012
    Hockenheim, Germany
    So what's your point then? Not concentrating on any weight saving measures, because the F171 has batteries? Sorry, but that is complete nonsense. Going forward hybrids will be all over the place and it is fact that the F171 will be one of them. Weights will reach different levels, so we need to reconsider what is light and what isn't in that context. But saying 150 kg more or less doen't matter is more than ridiculous.

SoCal to az and Ale55andr0 like this.
  11. Ale55andr0

Ale55andr0 Karting

May 23, 2019
    A sf90 or LB with 130-150kilos less will be definitely better then a sf90 or LB with 150kilos added, dont you think? :)

red passion and SoCal to az like this.
  12. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    A 2000kg car will be better than a 2150kg car with all other things being equal.

F2003-GA, Ale55andr0, babgh and 3 others like this.
  13. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    @Ale55andr0

It if was an equal exchange for NVH, certainly, but, with carbon tubs come issues, wider sills(affecting ingress/egress), more noise, McLaren has had numerous recalls for the "padding" used to reduce NVH (fire hazards, etc).

For a pure-performance car where NVH is not much of a concern, of course, but, for a luxury-minded brand that Ferrari is, I think the carbon tub would be unwelcome.

dpw98 likes this.
  14. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I think this captures it well. Ferrari doesn't necessarily care about performance. If they did, carbon tubs would be in every car.

djokito likes this.
  15. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    Thanks,

Additionally, look at the 812C, 38kg in weight savings to the original 812SF, reduced torque by nearly 4%, Ferrari has their priorities.

16. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Very true! That being said as much as the Roma Is growing a bit on me I really don’t like those Chevy look a like Camaro lights in the rear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Natkingcolebasket69

One thing to consider though is where batteries are out and center of gravity. I mean I drove a few Tesla’s and they drive nice and surprisingly agile given their weight, of course this is due to the lower center of gravity from the batteries

SoCal to az likes this.
  18. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet

19. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    True but I don’t find a Tesla fun to drive. Yes- straight line they are fast but they handle like crap. Too heavy.

red passion and babgh like this.
  20. Natkingcolebasket69

#2570 Natkingcolebasket69, Jun 12, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2021
    Well I’d disagree on the handling for a sedan... it’s pretty good. Cant compare it to anything else;)

Also a plaid model which is 125k, seats 4, packed with tech does 1.30.3 at Laguna...that’s 2 seconds off a tributo and 488.
    Would I buy one? No!

But can’t be handling that bad

21. red passion

Mar 4, 2012
    Hockenheim, Germany
    Call me crazy, but me and many others would rather welcome the mentioned NVH aspects of potentially more noise, harshness etc. resulting from a carbon tub. That's what many complain about when they are talking about a "lack" of a visceral experience in modern cars. However, looking at Ferrari's existing execution of a carbon tub model, the LaFerrari has always been considered as super comfortable and relaxed from a chassis point of view. So that's not really an "issue" in modern cars. For those who still like more comfort, there are GT cars like Portofino or Roma to choose from.

Ale55andr0 likes this.
  22. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Ive owned a model S. Owned a Model X. My wife has the new S on order. She loves electric cars- especially Tesla. To me- the most unegaging, boring, unfun car to drive. Not for me thx. Ill stick with ICE or hybrid.

23. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Sold my Taycan 4S after three months, couldn't deal with the Range anxiety and issues with Electrify America. Also the Interface had issues which after a 24 Hour Update, Porsche was not able to fix. Happy to be back to ICE V8 for my everyday Sedan.

XSpeed likes this.
  24. Natkingcolebasket69

And that’s totally fine but given the times it posts it is unfair to say it doesn’t handle well , that was my point;)
    I don’t own one, nor want one at all. Some cars are just not meant for everybody, for me it was my FF I just sold; sounded great handled okay but didn’t feel special or fun to drive in spirited drives for me which is why I sold it and kept my 355 instead;)

Senna1994 likes this.
  25. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I will clarify. I do not like the way Tesla’s handle.