NEW MID ENGINED V6 (LITTLE BROTHER) | Page 110 | FerrariChat

NEW MID ENGINED V6 (LITTLE BROTHER)

Discussion in '296' started by ajr550, Feb 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Don’t go to the f1 forum then
    If u dare thinking Lewis Hamilton is a good driver you are dead there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    He is not btw. :)

4re4ever, babgh, Shack and 1 other person like this.
  3. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Socal- How dare you even imply that the 720 can be superior to the Pista on any level. What is wrong with you. Apologies are in order.

4. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Socal- How dare you even imply that the 720 can be superior to the Pista on any level. What is wrong with you. Apologies are in order.

5. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I have a vested interest in promoting the Mclaren because I own the Mclaren but not a Ferrari.....oh wait.....

6. Ale55andr0

Ale55andr0 Karting

May 23, 2019

it depends, about the engine there is nothing in the mclaren more advanced than the ferrari engine...and no, higher power doesn't mean most advanced technology. Apart from that, WHEN mclaren will DESIGN and BUILD his own engines we can talk about it again :D

SVR, Juvendude and red passion like this.
  7. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Why is that so important to you? Just curious why this matters so much. Moreover, McLaren does quite a bit of work on the this platform, its nothing more than a starting point. Too bad building their own (Ferrari) engines doesn't hep them in F1.

Coincid likes this.
  8. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Does this thinking only apply to engines or is the same thing applicable to chassis?

9. manya81

manya81 Formula Junior

Apr 8, 2008
    Full Name:
    Robert
    I'd like to hear the SF90 owners' impressions about the chassis and how it feels in regards to this whole discussion.

10. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Camry-shaming, LOL.

At the other extreme of that analogy, if one was driving around in the Batmobile—the original and best one, say—it would surely get more attention than the 765.

SVR, Juvendude and Doug23 like this.
  11. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Cadster- I am in accord with most of your sentiments about the differences between the Pista and the 765. There is no doubt that the Pista is a comfortable ride and easily a daily driver. While the 765 is on a different plane in raw,engaging ,unfiltered driving dynamics, my wife and I do not find the car uncomfortable. Perhaps body type and size plays a signifcant role in this area. My better half who accompanies me on a majority of driving outings, has continually opined that of all the cars we have owned, she prefers riding in the 765. I was concered she would find the car overly firm and jarring, but fortunately she embraces its race car like demeaner. As I have mentioned previously, the 765 is not going to be everyone's cup of tea. It yields comfort and refinement to the Pista, because it was designed as a race car that is street legal. The Pista is a street car that is very track capable.

Thecadster likes this.
  12. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    It is related to what some members want the LB's chassis to be constructed as. So the discussion is cool to have IMO

red passion, manya81 and SoCal to az like this.
  13. graeme355

graeme355 Formula Junior

Jun 30, 2004
    IMO, it looks more like a battle of egos and it's going nowhere. Meanwhile, the thread is highjacked and the rest of us have to filter out the willy waving to get to the V6 model content.

MarkTodd, Doug23, ChrisDiRe and 4 others like this.
  14. XSpeed

XSpeed Formula Junior

Jan 6, 2019
    Full Name:
    SX
    I read all the emotional comments about mclarens and 720s. I'm wondering if it is the same car I drove. Let me sum it up:
    • nonexistant sound
    • the annoying high pitched pump noise which is continuously in the background.
    • the 'comfort entry' which only works half of the time and other half trying to adjust the seats using buttons which are nowhere to be reached.
    • continuous noise of stones and sand coming from inside the scissor doors when lifted.
    • too intrusive ESC which makes the car more dull to drive than a Volkswagen when not in dyn/off.
    Nice as a side dish but not a comparison to Ferraris. And not a replacement at all.

4_Eff_Sake and SVR like this.
  15. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
  16. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    When there is something to actually discuss on the V6- I sure all the conversations will shift to how everyone hates the car and they hate the name and they hate the sound. Till then....just have to wait a few more days.

17. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Thank you for your input.

Thecadster likes this.
  18. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    To sum it up - apart from being a dull hybrid V6, the LB will be crap because it does not have a carbon tub. People (not me btw) will buy it anyway, so why should Ferrari (or we) care?

Coincid likes this.
  19. Ale55andr0

Ale55andr0 Karting

May 23, 2019
    #2744 Ale55andr0, Jun 15, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2021

on chassis too, so I agree with those who consider aluminum a poor choice by Ferrari and justified only by economic reasons

Coincid, red passion and SoCal to az like this.
  20. SVR

SVR Karting

Feb 9, 2017
    Moscow, Russia
  21. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    Damn, more power than the Pista's V8?! Must be an engineering marvel if true!

Thecadster likes this.
  22. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Like WHAT content do you expect before official reveal ???
    And where in the world would your source of information be ???

456-boy likes this.
  23. 4_Eff_Sake

4_Eff_Sake Formula Junior

Jul 30, 2016
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Thank you for your input (I borrowed that from Socal’s Patronising Response Playbook)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

24. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    You are welcome.

25. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Because some of us actually expect more from Ferrari than an exclusive automotive manbag.

tekaefixe, Gh21631 and Coincid like this.