Changing air-conditioning 360 F1 | FerrariChat

Changing air-conditioning 360 F1

Discussion in '360/430' started by Ogeff, Jun 19, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ogeff

Ogeff Rookie

Apr 24, 2021
    Luxembourg
    Full Name:
    Geoffroy Aïn
    Hello all Ferrari lovers,

After three years of not running my 360 F1 I did a check at Ferrari garage to see if anything needed to be changed on my car.
    It appears the compressor for the air-conditioning is dead, and Ferrari told me it's gonna be 8000€ (I live in luxembourg) to replace it.
    The price kinda hit me as I think it's really high for the piece. I asked to have the ref of the pieces I need to get changed and it seems like I can find it on several official repair shop website for 170€ on average.
    Meaning the cost of changing it is 7.500€ or more ..

Does anyone know if it's really taking 40hours of work to change it?
    I'm not a mechanic so I won't change it myself of course, but I wanted to know if anyone else had this issue and the price charged was the same or no.

Also, if someone knows a place nearby (living in luxembourg i can go in France/Belgium/Germany) to change it for a smaller price it would be nice.

Summer is coming and I really need it to survive

Thank you all!

Ogeff

2. FLY360

FLY360 Rookie

Aug 4, 2015
    FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Orndoff
    The bill to replace mine shows 4 hours labor.

Qavion likes this.
  3. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    And you can have the compressor rebuilt for under $1000 US. I am not sure where in the EU but some here probably have that information and will offer it up.

4. Ogeff

Ogeff Rookie

Apr 24, 2021
    Luxembourg
    Full Name:
    Geoffroy Aïn
    Thank you guys for your answers.
    In fact they just gave me the price of 8.000€ to replace it and so I assume, as the piece is around 150€ (let's say 300€ because Ferrari double the price of everything) so it means there is 7700€ left, so if it takes 4 hours to do so, it's almost 2000€ an hour for a mechanic there to replace it

I will just wait and see if I got more info from other person in order to know where to go to change it.

I have an appointment to Ferrari on Saturday for something else so gonna see again with them why it's so expensive.

Thanks

5. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Just had my compressor rebuilt for $300

6. Extreme1

Extreme1 Formula 3

Jun 27, 2017
    Santa Clarita, CA
    Don’t pay those ridiculous prices. The A/C system is the same in all cars. The compressor is easily reachable once you remove the bottom pan.
    Find a competent mechanic that services A/C units and they can do it for you.

7. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    360 ac compressor is a Delphi v5…. Intervals the same as a similar year gm product. The outer case is unique to Ferrari. I had mine rebuilt by a place that rebuilds gm compressors.

8. smin9870

smin9870 Karting

Mar 6, 2011
    CT
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I also had mine take out, sent for rebuild and reinstalled. I think it was <$1,000 USD.

9. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    Part of the problem with your math is that the Ferrari part is probably 3000€ not 300€ and it could e even more since they are scarce now.

10. Ogeff

Ogeff Rookie

Apr 24, 2021
    Luxembourg
    Full Name:
    Geoffroy Aïn
    Well, my math ain't wrong as I got the right serial number from Ferrari so I have the exact ref for the piece so...
    And Ferrari doesn't build any parts of the car except engine, all the rest is made by others so...

But anyway ok I will follow the others comment and find another repair shop :)

Best,

Geoffroy

11. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    Well good luck then. You know everything about it.
    https://www.scuderiacarparts.com/part/11790/ferrari/180041/air-conditioning-compressor.html

12. Penzinger

Penzinger Karting

Jul 13, 2019
    Austria
    Full Name:
    Heinz
    Skidkid likes this.
  13. RedTaxi

RedTaxi F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 1, 2012
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Glen
    I had my compressor out (or at least dangling) when I did my headers. Probably less than 20 mins once the tray is off.