Seattle Hotel - Hyatt? | FerrariChat

Seattle Hotel - Hyatt?

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by yronZFF, Jun 7, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. yronZFF

yronZFF Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 21, 2009
    FIVE-O
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Hi Everyone!
    So, we're flying up to Seattle and was wondering if the Grand Hyatt Seattle or Hyatt Regency Seattle (or somewhere else) would be a nice place to stay. Have been to Seattle only once in the late 70's so I'm hoping for some help here. This is somewhat of a vacation so we'll be tourists to the locals. Don't know what's open or shutdown so also needing help on this too.
    Thanks! Ron

2. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Hi Ron,

I highly recommend you avoid Seattle. Stay in Bellevue or Kirkland area is my recommendation.

Seattle is trashed and very dangerous now due to failed city leaders. Crime rate is up, homeless and trash all over.

I've lived here 44 years, Seattle used to be beautiful and admired, its now trashed big time and I avoid going there.

Hyatt & Westin Bellevue is very nice.
    Woodmark Hotel in Kirkland is really nice and located in a beautiful and safe area.

Here's a very good summary of how Seattle is today done by our local news:

https://fb.watch/5_BRnwn49O/

Really sad......

Hope that helps.

Dan

yronZFF and rampante550 like this.
  3. yronZFF

yronZFF Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 21, 2009
    FIVE-O
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Hi Dan,

Thank you very much for your knowledge of Seattle.
    I watched the video and it is really sad to see what’s happening.
    It’s a lot to think about now.

Ron

4. FerRrari

FerRrari Formula 3

Jan 11, 2009
    WA
    Full Name:
    Fernando
    Seattle is awesome, lots of stuff to see and do. The video posted above is just propaganda. I have no experience with the Hyatt, but they should be decent options and are centrally located. The downtown core does tend to close fairly early. South Lake Union or the waterfront may have more night time activities.

Dela, kiesan, yronZFF and 1 other person like this.
  5. jcurry

jcurry Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
    If you really want to stay in downtown the Inn at the Market is a nice boutique hotel right next to Pike Place Market. Some nice view rooms overlooking the market and Elliot Bay.

Dela, yronZFF, tritone and 1 other person like this.
  6. robstand

robstand Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

May 13, 2019
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Robert S.
    I saw this post today and thought you were asking about the Supercars on the Lake event that happened today at the Hyatt Regency in Renton (about 20ish minutes from the airport). It looked like a really nice hotel. Beautiful views of Lake Washington.

Seattle has excellent restaurants and lots of fun things to do. Rent a car, stay at a hotel in Renton or Bellevue, and explore the whole area. :)

yronZFF likes this.
  7. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

I haven't been on the streets in Seattle for many years, but one of the greatest experiences in my life was a few days at the Olympic Hotel. But that was some time ago.

Dela and yronZFF like this.
  8. jcurry

jcurry Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Drove through Seattle twice on Sat afternoon/evening. Tons of people out, especially down along the water and Seattle Center.

Sadly also noticed quite a few more encampments scattered everywhere throughout the urban area. Used to be certain areas, but now scattered all over although not really in areas that one normally walks through.

yronZFF likes this.
  9. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    There are some good choices mentioned here. Inn at the Market is good, Fairmont Olympic is a great hotel, there is a Four Seasons right down by the market as well (although I admit the one time I stayed there, I was a bit underwhelmed-- not that it was bad or anything, I just had higher expectations for a Four Seasons).

A boutique hotel that I have often stayed at is the Mayflower Park. I haven't stayed there since Covid, though (haven't been to Seattle since Covid).

yronZFF likes this.
  10. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    yronZFF likes this.
  11. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    #11 f355spider, Jun 16, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2021
    The video, posted by Dan, like anything, has some truth and some exaggeration. As a lifelong Seattle resident, I can say it is sadly more true than not.
    The waterfront, Pike Place Market and Seattle Center are absolutely rebounding, as I drive by these areas almost daily. But much of the rest of DT is vacant and 3rd Ave is filled with tents in the central core.

Ferrari of Seattle recently moved their operations to Bellevue (sales) and Redmond (service)...after completing a multi-million dollar remodeling project of their previous flagship Seattle location. A shame.

Since outside of the tourist hot spots, much of DT can be rather empty and on some blocks, outright dangerous, day or night, Dan's thought of staying in DT Bellevue is not a bad idea. Its a short drive to Seattle to see the attractions.

If you chose to stay at the Hyatt's DT Seattle, both properties mentioned are very nice, I've stayed at both of them.
    Depends on when you plan to visit, but the city, county and state are opening up on June 29th (county mask mandate ends) and state wide June 30th (businesses allowed to fully reopen). I suspect that DT Seattle will be welcoming more locals and tourists after that date and businesses will start extending evening hours, and more needed pedestrian traffic will be returning.

whatheheck, yronZFF and jcurry like this.
  12. donv

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    That is sad! Their old place was so cool. However, given both the issues with the neighborhood and the fact that I would guess that much of their customer base is on the east side, probably makes sense.

yronZFF likes this.
  13. yronZFF

yronZFF Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 21, 2009
    FIVE-O
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Wow! Thanks everyone for your input as I was totally clueless about Seattle. I wouldn’t know which streets would be safe or dangerous in downtown Seattle so we’ve decided to stay at the Hyatt in Bellevue. Seems to be the better option.

Thanks again and we’re looking forward to visiting your great state!
    Ron

SeattleStew likes this.
  14. robstand

robstand Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

May 13, 2019
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Robert S.
    Ferrari of Seattle was a really neat dealership. The underground garage was full of amazing cars, I hear. :) I hated picking up my car there. The roads are awful, for one. The new service center is much closer and easier to get to.

SeattleStew, f355spider and bjwhite like this.
  15. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    Within walking distance to my shop space where my 400i lives too. (Pushing distance? haha)

16. SeattleStew

SeattleStew Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 10, 2020
    In the rain
    Full Name:
    Stew
    Staying in downtown Bellevue was a good choice. The area is quite nice, and it is very easy to drive to many different tourist type activities. If you’re up here over a weekend, check https://exoticsat.com/. It’s a quick drive down the freeway for a well put on exotic car show.

yronZFF likes this.
  17. wiley355

wiley355 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 10, 2010
    Vancouver, WA
    Full Name:
    Wiley
    I don't think I'll get into trouble posting these FoS basement shots as they're from several years ago. Aside from the expense, I enjoyed my relationship with the Perrinas and Ferrari of Seattle. My 355 was well cared for by them through 2 majors, and more. It never let me down. For me, it wasn't a big problem getting the car to and from FoS on Capitol Hill, but that was when it was a more peaceful time. I'm down in Vancouver with an F430 now, so Terry at Ron Tonkin Gran Turismo takes care of my car. They're nice folks too.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

bjwhite, f355spider and donv like this.
  18. donv

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    Great pictures! I'm sorry I never got to go down in that basement. Is that the same location where Grand Prix Motors (previous Ferrari dealer in Seattle) was?

I stayed at the Hotel Bellevue (now just called the Bellevue Club, I think?) a few years ago, and it was really nice. I recommend it.

19. wiley355

wiley355 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 10, 2010
    Vancouver, WA
    Full Name:
    Wiley
    Thanks! I bought a "previously owned" 1985 Alfa GTV6 from Grand Prix Motors, run by Stephen Bayne (I think that was his name) - same building as FoS. That was the early 90s. There used to be a lot of car dealers up on Capitol Hill - Metro Imports (bought a 1981 Fiat Spider 2000 there), BMW of Seattle (2002 BMW 325i), Phil Smart Mercedes. Those that are still around moved down to Airport Way by the stadiums.

I lived on Beacon Hill for 30 years and West Seattle for another 9 years before leaving Seattle after retiring from Boeing. Too many people have discovered what a nice place the Seattle area is . . . or was.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

f355spider likes this.
  20. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    Dude. I need that red GTV6. Yummy.

21. wiley355

wiley355 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 10, 2010
    Vancouver, WA
    Full Name:
    Wiley

Attached Files:

bjwhite likes this.
  22. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    Early VanDiemen?

23. wiley355

wiley355 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 10, 2010
    Vancouver, WA
    Full Name:
    Wiley
    Good eye. Van Diemen RF79, although I replaced the original mirrors. Most raced Crossle 32/35Fs.

bjwhite likes this.
  24. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    Love the Crossles too. I can actually fit in one comfortably. :)