599 Dealer HGTE Installation | FerrariChat

599 Dealer HGTE Installation

Discussion in '612/599' started by steve moody, Feb 16, 2021.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. steve moody

steve moody Karting

Apr 27, 2019
    Cape Coral, Florida 33914
    Full Name:
    steve moody
    How can I tell if the full HGTE installation was made at a dealer? Cars I am looking at have the wheels and exhaust, but how can I tell if it has the full package?

2. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    My recollection from the previous threads is the prancing horse in the headrest (or some similar exclusive embroidery) is only on factory built cars but its worth looking back for the main thread about these cars

The options should also show up on the dealer's computer system against the chassis no

3. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    #3 tazandjan, Feb 16, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2021
    Steve- One simple check is she has to be MY 2010 or newer to be OEM HGTE. Normally, HGTE 599s came with alcantara seats with HGTE embroidered as mentioned above, but it was possible to order stock or Daytona seats with HGTEs. You could also check the part numbers on the springs (paper tags) and measure the thickness of the rear anti-roll bar, which is increased. Unfortunately, I do not have the parts numbers, you would have to get those part numbers from a dealer with access to MODIS. The rear bar was increased to 24.5 mm and should measure about 25 mm with paint.

There were different HGTE retrofit kits from Ferrari. This will explain some of that. Courtesy of Boardwalk in Dallas.

599 HGTE Retrofit kit

For your 599, we offer the HGTE Retrofit kit which includes...

Handling package - consisting of new more rigid springs and rear anti-roll bar as well as new calibration for the magnetorheological shock absorbers when in the sporty positions of the Manettino (SPORT and RACE positions). The handling features a better response time and a feeling of increased compactness without unduly compromising driving comfort. The car’s ride height has also been reduced and therefore the center of gravity lowered still further, which helps with the reduction of weight shift. The lowering of the center of mass combined with the new setup helps to reduce the squat and dive as well as pitch and roll, with the resulting benefit to the car’s dynamic performance.

This setting reduces the static roll and rolling movements on the tracks as well as pitching. This gives the car faster turn-in and less under-steer effect. The car’s performance has also been improved with new tires which have been specially optimized for this package. They are characterized by a compound that helps to allow even more effective grip for better road holding combined with excellent ease of control.

The front tires are fitted on modular rims with increased rigidity and a larger track. This improves axle performance which facilitates turn-in.

These results are achieved through both mechanical and software changes:
    • Lower suspension (10mm)
    • New magnetorheologically controlled suspension calibration for the Manettino
    SPORT and RACE configurations
    • More rigid suspension springs (front + 16%, rear + 10%)
    • More rigid rear antiroll bars (diameter increased to 24.5 mm)
    • Tires with improved compound
    • Modular rims with reduced weight and special new design

The kit also adds a strong styling component: the 20” modular rims with new design and finishing treatment. The rims have a forged flange to benefit weight. The design of the spokes is highlighted by a diamond surface treatment with a technical matte transparent trim called “Silver Corsa”.

Performance package - NOTE-This kit cannot be installed on cars with manual gearboxes. Cars with VIN 156938 and greater can use this kit or HGTE Exhaust Kit part number 70001493 which is mufflers only.

The installation of the “HGTE Performance” kit, which includes the replacement of the mufflers, exhaust pipes and new software settings, offers the client faster response of the engine controls. This enhances the car’s dynamic qualities which can be best experienced on the track.

In performance driving conditions, the F1 gearbox activation is now more rapid. Indeed, thanks to optimized electronic control, the response time of the gear change command system has been reduced by 20 milliseconds during downshifting. A further enhancement involves engine control, which includes
    accelerator logic with modified mapping that enhances the rapid increase in revolutions along the wide engine use field.

In addition, this kit includes exhaust tailpipes which are further enhanced in the rear ¾ views by the black chroming treatment on the side surface. The styling characteristics of the tailpipes are combined with a modification of the exhaust muffler. The sound produced by the car is more pronounced and exciting, especially for sports use, while maintaining a good level of comfort at cruising speed.

Exhaust - Mufflers only upgrade

Asthetic (exterior only) -
    Together with the other kits, or individually, this kit completes the “customization” of the exterior. It enhances the front area with the use of a grille with a special chromatic treatment where the Prancing Horse has a more definitive appearance due to a special brushed-finish treatment. The Prancing Horse with the same treatment is also available on the rear lid.

4. steve moody

steve moody Karting

Apr 27, 2019
    Full Name:
    steve moody
    Thanks Terry! This really helps.

5. Mr. Uy

Mr. Uy Formula Junior

Apr 23, 2020
    Fort Worth, TX
    Full Name:
    Charlie U
    I thought I had read somewhere you couldn’t do the retrofit on a 2007. Is this true?

6. Hawkeye

Hawkeye F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2009
    The entire HGTE retrofit package only works on 599's with the VIN 156938 and higher as Taz mentioned above.

7. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Affirmative, but you can add the exhaust, wheels, springs, rear anti-roll bar, and some cosmetic items on any 599. Not sure what happened around SN 156938, possibly going from 7.1.1 to 7.3.2, but the 612 went to 7.3.2 much earlier (2005 or so), so not sure.

8. Mr. Uy

Mr. Uy Formula Junior

Apr 23, 2020
    Fort Worth, TX
    Full Name:
    Charlie U
    I was looking at this car and saw the HGTE listed as an add, but the VIN appears before, wonder what the whole story is...

http://atcm.co/S2PVDP/22005171

9. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    You can add partial HGTE to early 599s as noted above. You just do not get the 85 ms shifting or the body/shock ECU in the HGTE Performance Kit. This one does not even have the HGTE wheels, but aftermarket ones. She does have the HGTE exhaust and no telling on the springs or rear anti-roll bar.

10. Mr. Uy

Mr. Uy Formula Junior

Apr 23, 2020
    Fort Worth, TX
    Full Name:
    Charlie U
    Thanks! Doesn’t seem the interior stuff usually gets done - seats and the little piece of carbon in the middle of the dash. I typically look for that piece to see if it’s a real one or not! Lots of cars with just wheel changes out there too

11. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    That's because the complete kit was $42K and that didn't include the seats.

12. Zaza

Zaza Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 27, 2017
    Brittany & Indonesia
    Full Name:
    Xavier
    Me too, without, not factory fitted. And as somebody mentioned, you could order Daytona seats for yr hgte factory one.

13. steve moody

steve moody Karting

Apr 27, 2019
    Full Name:
    steve moody
    How can I tell if I have HGTE Suspension and transmission ECUs? I can read the following through my scanner:
    Transmission ECU: ID 258645 SW EFFD85X50 ISO Code 1 3070104F4
    Suspension ECU: ID 256995 SW S DIV ISO Code 92070185F4
    Both Engine ECUs: ID 2581 00.000 SW 1037504336 ISO Code 94078607FD

Can you tell if these ECUs are the HGTE items? Do I need to look at the ECUs to get the part numbers on the outside? My 2009 599 GTB had all of the other kits installed at the dealer including the suspension and appearance items.

14. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Too far in the weeds for me. Parts numbers would be easier and crosscheck with a Ferrari dealer who has access to MODIS for the HGTE tech bulletin and parts catalog additions.

brogenville and Skidkid like this.
  15. brogenville

brogenville Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 24, 2012
    UK
    Full Name:
    Robin
  16. G55amg

G55amg Karting

Jan 9, 2013
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Johnny Vazquez
    Before I bought my car I did look at this one and had a PPI done, if you are interested, I still have it

Mr. Uy likes this.
  17. gphodge

gphodge Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 15, 2010
    Washington
    Could you share it with me as well? I have looked at that car many times but I don't know if I could deal with a black car. Sounds like that car may need a few thing fixed since it's been for sale for a bit.

18. Mr. Uy

Mr. Uy Formula Junior

Apr 23, 2020
    Fort Worth, TX
    Full Name:
    Charlie U
    It has been on the market for quite some time. Anything major show up? Ok to PM if you’d rather. Thank you!

19. steve moody

steve moody Karting

Apr 27, 2019
    Full Name:
    steve moody
    Robin, Thanks for the HGTE Gearbox ECU P/N. It looks like Beverly Hills installed the complete HGTE kit in my car when it was delivered new. It is nice to confirm this.
    Steve

brogenville and Skidkid like this.
  20. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Steve- Yup, did not realize those were the parts numbers.

21. Caphill

Caphill Karting

Nov 9, 2016
    If I bought the suspension ECU could it just plug and play? My car could use a stiffer ride.

22. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Affirmative, as long as your SN is later than 156938. Otherwise not compatible. Was designed to work with the stiffer springs and rear anti-roll bar, though, so not sure how much it would help by itself.