Blue f40 for sale | FerrariChat

Blue f40 for sale

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by ttforcefed, Jul 5, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
  2. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    I can’t stomach watching his videos and won’t start now so please sum it up for me. Has he turned his channel into sales pitches?

3. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Shows how bad classiche is:
    1-first they say it’s one off blue. It’s a respray
    2-it has a tubi. So shouldn’t pass classiche.

Don’t get me wrong I’d love to have it .

Shmee annoying as usual.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zsid, marko.urbac, Melvok and 4 others like this.
  4. merstheman

merstheman F1 Rookie

Apr 13, 2007
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Full Name:
    Mario
    It probably passed Classiche before all mods, then had them done. Wouldn't pass it again like that.

Personally I love the color.

JackCongo and gt1995 like this.
  5. Natkingcolebasket69

It looks good and because of it , seems the auction value for it are low so maybe a good deal

6. PAUL500

PAUL500 F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2013
    For a long time it was white and had a Japanese copy LM bodykit fitted.

Many peoples perception is that Classiche documentation means its been untouched since it left the factory, rather than that at the point in time that the paperwork was raised that the car was to the same specification as how it would have left the factory.

I guess that is why the factory introduced annual re inspections, but a lot of owners just get the book then never bother with such, re modify the car but still tout it as Classiche approved.

It is a lovely modified example that will go to someone who does not have an issue with such.

NürScud, Melvok, joe sackey and 4 others like this.
  7. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Yes, it's a sales pitch. Not much info provided on the particular chassis in the video but there is more on the listing, which Shmee linked in the description.

https://themarket.co.uk/en/listings/ferrari/f40/8b628db6-afed-4f66-bf0a-f8c5022fa50c

8. PAUL500

PAUL500 F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2013
    So according to the blurb it went from white Lm bodywork to red standard kit just so it could be issued with a Classiche book, then painted blue straight after that and also had a tubi fitted negating the point of putting it back to standard in the first place!

What a waste of money. The sensible thing would have been to keep the LM kit on it and simply painted it blue if that was the colour preference, as the Classcihe docs are irrelevant now anyway.

LVP488 and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  9. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    They never said in the video it was red between the white and blue paint, but I suppose it would have to be for Classiche. The blue paint actually still keeps the carbon weave visible, which was surprising and they showed that in Shmee's video best seen near the end.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  10. PAUL500

PAUL500 F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2013
    Its stated in the write up on the auction website that it went to red just to Classiche it, then blue. The book photos must therefore show it as a red car, or maybe they used a stunt double car and included just the close up of the cars VIN! The painters were the ones who allegedly classiched the other blue F40 remember!

The visible weave is a product of the resin sinking into the fibreglass outer layer ( its not carbon fibre) taking the original paint with it into the weave.

No way would anyone be able to remove the red paint and not infill that weave effect with new blue paint over the top, as that wont sink like the original product.

What they do is flat the paint, then add a fresh layer of thin impregnated glass to refresh the weave effect then paint over that to recreate the original flawed look. Also remember this car is not fitted with its original standard panels as it had a full LM body on it, the new panels wont sink like the originals either.

11. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    My mistake I didn't realize the auction write-up kept going after that shmee link in it. So it was painted red for Classiche and then to blue:

It's only done 1,500 km since 2015...

The description says it's a carbon kevlar weave, not fiberglass. Are they implying that weave is factory carbon kevlar rather than a fiberglass veneer to give that look of factory? I know repainted F50s don't keep the weave look from the few I've seen.

12. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    I've heard that there has been some debate about getting an F40 with Tubi on a red book. The Tubi was a factory option. But some also say that it needs the stock box exhaust.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

13. Natkingcolebasket69

I don’t know about f40 but technically u need all stock.
    His Tubi is the competition one doubt this was the optional one. I’d be surprised if it has CATs with all the pops and bangs it makes.

14. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    What year is the car?

15. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe

16. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  17. PAUL500

PAUL500 F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2013
    Its a mistaken belief that the original outer panels of an F40 are carbon fibre, they comprise a fibreglass cloth weave outer ( which is seen under the paint), then a honeycomb central core and the inner surface is a carbon kevlar mix weave, mainly to try and hold it all together in the event of an accident.

To bulk out corners of panels then additional fibreglass strand mat was also used.

The structural panels bonded into the steel chassis are a much more complex mix of carbon and kevlar with no fibreglass involved.

18. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I don’t put much value in this car’s Classiche certification as it’s years out of date and the car is clearly not stock anymore. I do wonder how much the color change impacts the value, and perhaps more importantly what a complete color change back to factory would cost (I envision it being significant considering proper disassembly, paint, reassemble). It will also be interesting to see if the “celebrity” ownership impacts the sale price; not so much for who owned it as much as the press the car/auction will receive.

19. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    I would never pay extra for the car in this colour. I doubt many others will as well. I'd be surprised if it goes above 1.25 mill Euro. Anyone actually interested willl know thatcthe car can never be Classiche certified in that colour. But all things being equal, many of us also know how little value Classiche has. This is the perfect example why, and one also has to remember that the car is no longer certified once it gets a new owner. I suppose that they are just talking up the car to please the Youtube audience. Oh well, one can buy it and spend 40k Euro getting it painted again at Zanasi.

20. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Candidly I think €1.25m is completely and totally bananas… especially considering the other euro cars with miles floating around for sale at the moment. I guess we’ll see how it shakes out.

Bas likes this.
  21. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Could you elaborate? What is the mileage of this car? Also, as far as I know, this is a Euro car. I currently see Euro F40's with 15-25k km and good history in that 1.2-1.3m Euro range. What do you think would drive the price of this car down by comparison? Is this a very high mileage car, or does it have a lagging history?

Personally I think the colour could really hurt it. But as has,also been seen before, fragile egos come out at auctions, and that can easily drive the price up.

22. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    The blue car is advertised with just under 17k miles which is roughly 28k km. Seems average from what I’ve seen over the past year. It also appears to be well maintained which is a plus, although I don’t recall if the tanks were done or not. But as it relates to other cars on the market I’ve seen one with 30k km for *asking* prices of €1.150m and another for €1.050m recently - both residing in the US and I’d say the slightly higher priced car in comparable shape to the blue car, albeit in its proper color. Looking at auction numbers 84643 failed to sell at RM for €920k high bid, 88446 failed to sell at Bonhams for €900k high bid, these both in the last half year or so and as euro cars with comparable miles in factory color. I’d be surprised if this car exceeds €900k all things considered, but as you say an auction with a couple of egos involved can certainly impact the outcome.

23. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    classiche is only important to some of the buying audience.
    the blue color will only deter some of the buying audience.
    the quasi celebrity status of the car given all the youtube airtime, will draw some punters.
    my guess is this car will get every bit of 1.25 mil euros.

luigisayshello likes this.
  24. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    its funny how we can all look at this and come to different conclusions :)

25. PAUL500

PAUL500 F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2013
    I predict it will go for around £900k as that was the figure the other blue car sold for not long ago, until that cars dubious past emerged and the deal fell through.