Italy and Coronavirus | Page 24 | FerrariChat

Italy and Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Travel' started by Albert-LP, Feb 26, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Same as Italy here, Alberto: six/seven weeks between the two injections: got my first Pfizer on April 27th, the second one on June 8th.
    Where I am locked down, we had a severe spike of "South African variant" in February / March, (this, apparently, due to one guy - ONE SINGLE GUY - that came back from the Comorres in the Indian Ocean in January and did not respect the safety protocoles) and the Pfizer was the only one working well against the "South African Variant", so the others were not allowed.

Keeping the fingers crossed indeed. But on the whole, considering the global picture, Italy has been doing very well for the last three months....the real test will be the summer.

Rgds

P.S: just checked, but I did not found your said E-Mel, Alberto?

2. Dai Baracca

Dai Baracca Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2007
    NY
    Full Name:
    SB
    We have arrived at 70% vaccinated here in NY and the restrictions have been lifted in large part.
    If you are fully vaccinated you no longer need to wear a mask and can travel about freely. There are exceptions like mass transit, hospitals, get. Buildings etc. restaurants no longer have to distance tables and guest can enter without masks if vaccinated
    My plans for Paris are fully booked, plane, car, hotel. Can’t wait to get there. Then Italy in end of August and 1st week Sept.
    Finalmente

VAF84 and Albert-LP like this.
  3. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Diverte te !

Albert-LP and Dai Baracca like this.
  4. Steelton Keith

Steelton Keith F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    We are now thinking about Milano and the Lakes for 2 weeks mid september

Nembo1777, Albert-LP and Dai Baracca like this.
  5. Nicolas21

Nicolas21 Formula Junior

Jul 13, 2016
    Near a nuclear powerplant
    Full Name:
    Nicolas
    End of the compulsory wearing of a mask outside today and end of the curfew on Sunday

6. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Believe me, I still will be carrying a mask outdoors for at least another six months...even fully vaccinated; being allowed to do it is one thing, being wise to do it is another. All my eyes are on the "Indian variant" statistics now...

Rgds

Dai Baracca and Nembo1777 like this.
  7. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    Stay safe is never a bad idea!

ciao

Dai Baracca and Nicolas21 like this.
  8. Nicolas21

Nicolas21 Formula Junior

Jul 13, 2016
    Near a nuclear powerplant
    Full Name:
    Nicolas
    With Thaumetopoea pityocampa, it's a VERY good idea :confused::confused:

Nembo1777 likes this.
  9. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Well technically the curfew ended yesterday since there is none starting tonight:)
    I get my second AZ shot tomorrow but yes will wear mask in crowded places until fall, common sense.

Dai Baracca, greg328 and Nicolas21 like this.
  10. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    French Gp looked packed

11. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Three separate areas of 5000 spectators, all with PCR negative test proof.

12. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Oh cool , that explains it. It looked wide open to me. Glad they got to see a good race

Nembo1777 likes this.
  13. calder1

calder1 F1 Rookie
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 26, 2006
    Redondo Beach
    Full Name:
    Craig
    Just got back from running the Mille miglia . Over all seemed very busy along the route with most towns and city’s we went through full of people .

14. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    white zone (= very low risk) everywhere here. No more mask outside starting from next week.

Ciao

Nicolas21 and calder1 like this.
  15. Dai Baracca

Mar 4, 2007
    NY
    Full Name:
    SB
    Well I leave tomorrow evening for Parigi
    Am excited to see my Zia, and she is very happy as well. Said it gave her something to look forward too. I will bring a few masks and be sure to wear them in any crowded venue. Not happy at landing in CDG but have no choice.
    This will be a test trip for me, as we are booked for Italy in late August through mid September, my wife is still a little nervous
    Hoping she gains confidence from my report and those of others we know who are going to Europe before we do. Would really hate to leave her behind for Italia

Albert-LP, alex and Nembo1777 like this.
  16. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Italian GP Monza time.

17. nlpamg

nlpamg Karting

Oct 18, 2014
    This thread is so informative. Thank you.

I’m planning to go to the Italian GP in Sept. I’ve never been and was looking to go for qualifying and the race. I was hoping to make a side trip to the factory the following Monday. Is the factory open? Will the team be in the factory that day? It would be cool to see them unloading, lol.

Any tips? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

18. Dai Baracca

Mar 4, 2007
    NY
    Full Name:
    SB
    Just got back from France. It was a wonderful time seeing my Zia after almost two years. Have to say, everything was well organized CDG was a bit of a PIA. Restaurants were working well, people followed mask protocol, being there for the Euro-Cup was great. Watched the F1 race with my Zia too funny. She was bummed Ferrari didn’t win. Didn’t have the heart to tell her that they aren’t the team she knew.
    All in all, I’m very excited for Italy in August/September. To anyone on the fence, just get all paperwork in order when leaving and rest easy. Even with masks in tow you will have a blast

19. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Happy to read that it went well. Seems your timing was great; now and then, the talk is all about the "Delta variant", and when the "fourth wave" will indeed explode: before the end of July or in August? The Health Minister Olivier Véran said yesterday that it might actually begin "at the end of July". One thing is sure, the "Delta variant" is now responsible for 30% of all new contaminations, against only 10% two weeks ago.
    Contaminations are now exploding in Spain (+ 32.600 new cases this week-end), in Greece (+ 999 new cases yesterday, Monday 5th), in Cyprus (+ 786 new cases yesterday, on a 850.000 persons' population!), all countries that rely heavily on tourism.
    Only Italy seems to hold the virus at bay, for the time being at least.
    The consensus is that those who have already had their two doses are "reasonably protected", but the un-vaccinated people will be highly at risk. France has already recorded deaths from the "Delta variant", all to un-vaccinated people.

Rgds

Dai Baracca likes this.
  20. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    Hi Bruno, here in Italy at present vrus looks to be under control. Less than 500 new cases yesterday, under 1000 daily cases sice several days. We know that everything could change in every moment and very quickly, but if Delta variant looks to spread very quickly, on the other hand also looks to be less dangerous (or maybe the vaccine helps a lot to survive it). I will get my second dose this friday.

ciao

tritone and Dai Baracca like this.
  21. alex

alex Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2003
    Crystal Lake, Illinois
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Good to hear!:)

22. Dai Baracca

Mar 4, 2007
    NY
    Full Name:
    SB
    More reason to get the vaccine Sometimes I get the impression that the vaccine is viewed incorrectly. The vaccine is meant to keep you out of hospital and more importantly out of the cemetery it doesn’t mean you can’t get the virus. Use good judgment be careful but not scared. Be selective of where you go,and ENJOY!

Nembo1777 and alex like this.
  23. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Good to know that you will be protected, Alberto...with the notable exception of Italy, it is indeed starting again in many countries. I have had a look at the numbers this morning:
    As for the figures during yesterday, Tuesday, July 6th, 2021:

Spain = + 14.137 new cases (it was + 7.091 last Tuesday, June 29th)
    France = + 3.585 new cases (it was + 2.314 last Tuesday, June 29th)
    Greece = + 2.181 new cases (it was + 563 last Tuesday, June 29th)
    Cyprus = + 828 new cases (it was + 332 last Tuesday, June 29th)

Not looking very good...

Rgds

24. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani

Not at all!

A delta wawe is expexcted here next mont

ciao

25. Dai Baracca

Mar 4, 2007
    NY
    Full Name:
    SB
    Clearly the D-variant spreads faster. My question is this though, what are the vaccination percentages in those countries? Even if only the 1st jab. Also what are the hospitalization rates? Have they gone up as dramatically as the infection rates?
    Our most vulnerable citizens will always need to be more cautious with this virus.