F355 Market | Page 273 | FerrariChat

F355 Market

Discussion in '348/355' started by Robb, May 19, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    https://www.pcarmarket.com/auction/dealtank-1997-ferrari-f355/

It appears this 30k mi Red/Tan Spider, which is close to being due for an engine out service is being offered at a “buy it now” price of $72k. Considering the last red/tan spider on BAT sold for $99k and in much worse condition, any thoughts on why no one has pulled the trigger on the Pcar spider?

Could it be possible BAT has a bigger buyer pool and percentage of that pool doesn’t cross over to Pcar? 23k views vs 5k views? Pcar not drawing in enough audience to extract the best results?

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  2. Ferrari Fanatic

Ferrari Fanatic Formula 3

Apr 2, 2003
    SoCal
    That’s a good question, I don’t get it either. If someone can solve that riddle here is another case in point. 16k mile red/tan Spider is listed at Ferrari of Rancho Mirage.

On BAT you have to hit the Contact Seller Button and schedule to see the car or do a PPI. The Seller has the prerogative to simply say (and I have witnessed this) “the car is not available for inspection or viewing due to scheduling and high demand”.

So, I can look, touch, drive a car at the dealer and get a PPI done, or I can pay $5,000 more (as is the case in the BAT Spider that just sold for $99,000 plus fees) that I am flying blind on ?

Can anyone help solve these two riddles ?

3. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
  4. Ferrari Fanatic

Ferrari Fanatic Formula 3

Apr 2, 2003
    SoCal
  5. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Perhaps I already have :). Reach increases chances of better results. BAT appears to have significantly more reach vs Pcar for F cars.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  6. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
  7. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    lukeb817 likes this.
  8. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    PCAR is definitely far less exposure than BaT. I know a lot of people who would rather post on PCAR over BaT because it's just easier to deal with them as well. Pros and Cons.

ShineKen likes this.
  9. Cicio

Cicio Karting

Apr 14, 2021
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Nathan Cicio
    The fact that it did that much on pcar with its history I think shows the continued stability of the market. That’s a lot of money for that car.

ShineKen and GTO Joe like this.
  10. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    @911NBK said they wanted $115k CAD (when the car was in Canada.) That's roughly $92k USD. New U.S seller wants $112k USD for bringing it in it seems. 33k mi. Safe to say $100k is the bottom for a no history car with similar mileage in today's market?

11. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    I think the more salient point is that neither of the cars on PCar nor the one on BAT has sold. The one on BAT has a few more days. See where it goes. The coupe seems to say, 33k miles, hit in the rear, so what if it's a gated "B", let it go. No bidding to the last minute to see who gets it. The bidders walked away before the auction ended.

12. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    I believe we were referring to this Spider for an apples to apples comparison.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1998-ferrari-f355-spider-24/

There was actually some last min action on that Pcar GTB, but apparently, not enough.

13. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    Yes, but the bidders left the room at $100k. Remember, the clock resets to 2 minutes each time a bid is placed with less than 2 to go.

ShineKen likes this.
  14. 911NBK

911NBK Karting

Jan 2, 2021
    109k cad in January of this year. It sold for asking. And btw the exchange was 10 points higher so it's actually 83usd he paid then if it's the same guy who bought it that's trying to sell now, but i suspect it switched hands since the original sale in January. But to cicio's point, 100k usd for that car is too much. That car has original headers btw, or at least it did 7 months ago. That's another 5k usd right there depending on what you replace them with. There are a ton of way way better options in Europe for less.

Sent from my SM-G981W using Tapatalk

ShineKen likes this.
  15. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Bingo! All about BAT inflating the prices

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    #6816 tres55, Jul 7, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2021
    Nothing much has been coming up of decent quality/condition in my searches.

Few GTS kinda poor condition and presentation in the $100-120k USD equivalent range.

Bunch of Spiders.

Prices seem to be higher across the board however very few quality examples and even less rare optioned ones.

edit: to clarify this is in the Euro/Japan market

ShineKen likes this.
  17. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    I counted 20 manual Berlinettas on Mobile dot de. Prices between 70k and 110k euro. Can't speak to quality. Mileage 20k km to 98k km. Prices seem to be in the range they have been for the last year.

18. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    I've probably seen all of them. If they were a deal I would've bought them. There's lots of inventory in Europe that has been sitting for a long time. None that I would consider top tier examples.

ShineKen likes this.
  19. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    Still part of the market. How many of the BAT car were top tier? If these cars are going to $200k I would think many of those on Mobile de would be a steal.

20. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Yeah there seems to be a disconnect, maybe its a US demand thing driving prices up in the US but not worldwide?

ShineKen likes this.
  21. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky

Only in America would the most common model, F355 Berlinetta, with the most common transmission, 6 speed gated, be considered the Jewel of the Nile. :)

22. OCKlasse

OCKlasse Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 5, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Brandon K
    Enthusiasts lust for three pedals, and enthusiasts prefer hardtops as the primary variant of a sports car. Seems reasonable to me.

Tarek307 likes this.
  23. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Except the GTS tends to get higher hammered bids on BAT. Or so it seems. I find it odd the Spider is not worth more than all of them, its better looking and lets be honest most folks just cruise to look cool, not tracking them at the edge of the envelope. I suppose just knowing you have the highest sportiest potential of the bunch is enough to make the hardtop more desirable.

Pepsi10 likes this.
  24. Pepsi10

Pepsi10 Formula Junior

Nov 24, 2008
    InlandNorthWest
    Full Name:
    Mike M
    At least in the Porsche 356 world, there is a saying, if the top goes down, the price goes up. The Ferrari Daytona is worth more as a hard top than a spider? You’re probably right, Daytonas are so far out of my league, I do not pay close attention.
    I have a spider, so I admit to being biased. And I admit the GTS or GTBs photograph well, as do hardtop variants of other cars.
    But dynamically the cars are near identical. And in real life, on the road, not the track, I am very happy with the spider. Drove to Montana yesterday, very good in the spider. When I am king, there will be fewer people on the road, and the police will all be busy with real crime, but still good.

25. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Demand is up worldwide, just not equally. Here’s the ranking I see.

1. Australia
    2. Japan/Asia
    3. U.S/Canada
    4. UK/Europe