FORMULA 1 PIRELLI BRITISH GRAND PRIX 2021 - SILVERSTONE - THE RACE - ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS▄▀▄▀▄▀. | Page 21 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 PIRELLI BRITISH GRAND PRIX 2021 - SILVERSTONE - THE RACE - ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS▄▀▄▀▄▀.

Discussion in 'F1' started by DF1, Jul 18, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    F1 drivers are currently wearing bio-gloves along with bio-ear sets that send info back to the pit-lane in real time. So the 51g impact was to Max's body.

Glad the tires absorbed most of the mass force.

zygomatic likes this.
  2. jcurry

jcurry Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Can you honestly say that you expected Charles to hold the lead for 2 laps, let alone 50?

3. tonyswfla

tonyswfla Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 2, 2007
    Florida
    it also depends on the duration of time that the G force is applied

jcurry likes this.
  4. jcurry

jcurry Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
    You have a reference that says the gloves/ear-sets measure g-forces? All I can find is "will use an optical sensor to measure ‘pulse oximetry’, or the amount of oxygen in the blood, alongside the pulse rate".

5. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Hungary will be interesting specially knowing it’s hard to overtake.
    I think max will win it in a landslide

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Giallo 550

Giallo 550 Formula 3

May 25, 2019
    NY
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Only if they've suffered brain damage.

7. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

High speed with Ricci was acceptable eh? No. Max would have drifted wide like Charles. He turned in and did not appear to know LH was so close. His fault. Period-- if anyone was to blame.

See Baku with Ricci LOL! Max the spoilt brat is back. He was so 'mature' for this season eh? If this was reversed Toxic Twins Horner and Marko would be on camera SCREAMING Racing incident. Max met a tough response today and didnt like it. Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhh :)

Verstappen: Hamilton “dangerous”, British GP win celebrations “disrespectful”
    By: Haydn Cobb
    Jul 18, 2021, 2:07 PM
    Max Verstappen says Lewis Hamilton was “dangerous” in their clash during the Formula 1 British Grand Prix and feels his victory celebrations were “disrespectful and unsportsmanlike”.

subirg likes this.
  8. DF1

Vettel-esque.

9. RobertJRB

RobertJRB Karting

Feb 8, 2012
    You really don’t like max it seems.

tifosi12 and Bas like this.
  10. DF1

LH reaction:
    ------
    The Mercedes driver, who was speaking in the FIA post-race drivers' press conference before Verstappen's comments were released on his social media channels, feels it was a racing incident and that he doesn't need to apologise for the clash.

"I've not really seen the footage, I saw a quick clip of it when I went back to the garage but I will go back and have time to reflect on it," Hamilton said.

"I don't think, from my current understanding, that I am in a position to have to apologise for anything. We were out there racing."

Hamilton did admit he was concerned for Verstappen when he found out the Dutch driver was taken to hospital for checks and will seek to speak to him to clear the air.
    -------
    100-1 Max would be saying the same thing if reversed. Sorry I have zip zero none sympathy for him or RedBull. He played and lost today. Has he ever apologized to Ricci at all for Baku?? RedBull know it was his fault and did ZERO. Max got that karma back for me today. He lost this game on lap 1.To win a title you do not force this on lap 1. He learns nothing from Vettel time at Ferrari.

Id actually have preferred if they had both been crashed out of this. It is not blind to think LH was as aggressive too. That did not happen, he served his penalty and won. I did not expect that at all. An outside chance of the podium maybe but not a win.

Terra, subirg and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  11. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    All this proves is that Max still has a lot of growing up to do. He is racing for the championship. He had a massive points lead and doesn’t have to win every race. Silverstone plays to Mercedes strengths. Coming second would have been just fine for max. But instead he tries to tough it out round the outside of one of the fastest corners in F1 in a situation where contact was only ever going to hurt him. Stupid decision. Very immature and potentially very costly for the championship. He has a lot to learn.

Terra, william, cairns and 1 other person like this.
  12. Natkingcolebasket69

Amen on the growing up.
    I think he would have been able to win anyways but sometimes u need to know how to collect 2nd? Points places to win the championship.
    I think Max will be WDC this year though

william and cairns like this.
  13. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    That's the Diference between a driving genious and a scumbag...

classic308 and lagunacc like this.
  14. lagunacc

lagunacc F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 24, 2013
    Alonso nods.

15. lagunacc

lagunacc F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 24, 2013
    My understanding was that the 51g was calculated based on the g's the car sustained.

16. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Seb taking the plastic ethos mindset to another level????

gh0st0 likes this.
  17. RobertJRB

RobertJRB Karting

Feb 8, 2012
    You don’t have to win every race indeed. But giving away first place to someone who is behind, driving off the apex and can’t pass in the corner isn’t really the way to win a championship in my opinion. Not really champion worthy.

Bas and JJ like this.
  18. Wass85

Wass85 Formula Junior

Jul 11, 2021
    Full Name:
    Damon Smith
    Nice to see Hamilton with a bit of fight today even though Verstappen has usually owned him in one on one driver battles.

Looking back on it now Hamilton was too hesitant, if you're going to go for it go in full beans and what will be will be, better than backing out at the last minute and making the move look a little desperate.

ricksb, william and cairns like this.
  19. DF1

#519 DF1, Jul 18, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2021
    No. I dont like needless drama from the whiner he is at times. He has plenty of sad moves causing issues in the past and is a touch too belligerent at times on track. He is border line dirty and does not at all respond well when faced with it. Typical of a human being raised by the same. Add Horner and Marko to the mix and the entitlement is greater.

He showed a great lack of maturity by not letteing LH by and let his tires do the winning. I think RedBull wins with better tire management from Max. P2 is not the end of the world for this at all. Nice points, keeps the lead in the title race and does not end up in the wall. Long game is not a strength of his yet. Still not as mature as we think possibly.

ricksb, william, cairns and 2 others like this.
  20. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    Perhaps Max (Dream “Weaver”) Verstappen didn’t realize he can’t just willy-nilly pinch down an opponent on the inside when he hasn’t yet fully cleared him.

21. 05011994

05011994 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 1, 2004
    Golden, Colorado
    Charles Leclerc was amazing and the class of the field today. I am so happy that Ferrari have hime signed up for so long, I think he is the best driver out there and certainly the one with the most class. This was his race and cements his reputation yet again. There was some dirty driving and even the unbelievably biased media had to acknowledge it today. There was only one true star at Silvestone today and that was Charles Leclerc. Forza Ferrari!

22. stavura

stavura Formula 3

Sep 1, 2016
    U.K
    Full Name:
    Harold Lounge
    The only people that would genuinely say that was an amazing drive by Lewis are his clueless celebrity friends.... And Crofty ofcourse.

sammysaber, Bas, furoni and 4 others like this.
  23. Natkingcolebasket69

Max a complainer?
    Never

Sometimes I wonder if those guys look at themselves in the mirror. I wouldn’t say his behavior with ocon was sportsmanlike.

That being said if I’m Hamilton I go to zandvoort with extra security! He will get murdered there!

24. Natkingcolebasket69

Makes me hopeful my 296 hybrid will be decent

stavura, 635CSI and DF1 like this.
  25. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    And who do you like?