First Time Tracking F12 (Advice Needed) | FerrariChat

First Time Tracking F12 (Advice Needed)

Discussion in 'Tracking & Driver Education' started by astrotheide, Jul 18, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. astrotheide

astrotheide Karting

May 3, 2017
    Tampa, FL
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Hello!

Just wanted to make a quick post, I was just thinking about taking my F12 down to Sebring for the FCA event later this year.

I have driven my 458 on track before but I know they're nowhere near the same car and I'd say it's safe to say that the 458 was stuck to the pavement like there was glue on my tires.

Looking for some recommendations on what I should have done to the F12 before taking it on track, I did just get a new set of tires but if there's a preferred set that would be recommended for the track that'd be greatly appreciated.

In addition to this... My only other issue would be insurance while on the track. I honestly don't even know where to look to get something like this and I'd like to have something pre-planned a month or so in advance because I'm 26 so I want to make sure this doesn't turn into a thing where I show up for the track and then don't get to go have fun because of a lack of planning.

Any and all advice is more than welcome, looking forward to having a great weekend at Sebring!

2. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    I've tracked my 458 and my F12. I have Michelin 4S on the car and they are great. No issue with keeping tracking. Tons of power jumping from corner to corner. I think Sebring would be a perfect tract for the F12. I use ontrack insurance:

Carol

www.OnTrackInsurance.com

845-638-0505 ext. 180

astrotheide likes this.
  3. astrotheide

astrotheide Karting

May 3, 2017
    Tampa, FL
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Thank you very much, appreciate the quick response!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

4. Opentrack

5. Altoria F

Altoria F Formula Junior

Jan 24, 2020
    France
    Full Name:
    P
    I tracked mine for the first time today, rain in the morning and dry the afternoon, nice to learn the car! (Michelin PS4S)
    Wet mode in the morning, very safe mode indeed. Sport mode by drying track and Race once dry, very engaging!
    Much power, far more than the GT3s, but of course too much weight and needs harder sway bars if I go on tracking it. (not sure I will as it is not its purpose but it was cool to do it anyway)

LVP488 likes this.
  6. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Which track were you on ?

7. Altoria F

Altoria F Formula Junior

Jan 24, 2020
    France
    Full Name:
    P
    Le Mans Bugatti

LVP488 likes this.
  8. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    Sebring is pretty bumpy unless they have repaved since i was last there

Fresh break fluid. i've never driven a f12 but my 575 was heavily under braked for track usage.

i ran pirelli corsas.

9. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    The brakes are good for at least the first half of the day depending on how you drive. The pedal starts to get a little long in the afternoon.

10. gatorgreg

gatorgreg Formula 3

Dec 13, 2004
    NAPLES
    I used to track my 575. The 575 was a point and shoot car. You want to watch your tire pressures and brake rotors.