F355 Market | Page 279 | FerrariChat

F355 Market

Discussion in '348/355' started by Robb, May 19, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus

Image Unavailable, Please Login

carnutdallas likes this.
  2. MAD828

MAD828 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 8, 2011
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Elliott Caras
    Exactly. I’m at 14000 kms in 6 years and loving every meter.

Yassa, 308 GTB and OCKlasse like this.
  3. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
  4. 911NBK

911NBK Karting

Jan 2, 2021
    Tres I went to see it.

The service history is known, nothing was done to it since 2014. The mechanic who services my car services his and I spoke to him. It was due for a major no getting around that, it had the original headers that had been repaired on the left bank, the car was rough esthetically inside and out, it had no tool kit and the guides weren't done and I believe there is an issue with the guides because when I got home my pants were full of oil spots after which I realized came from standing behind the car for 2 seconds after it had been running over 5 minutes. That car was almost never driven, the problems unknown are numerous I'm sure. If someone really paid ask for that it's absolute non sense and hysteria because you can get the same mileage and way better in Europe and pay 3k usd to ship here. That's going to turn out to be one of those classic 355 horror stories everyone talks about. Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my SM-G981W using Tapatalk

tres55 and Targatime like this.
  5. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
  6. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
  7. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    “Serie Fiorano,” which is a Spider offered in U.S of which 100 numbered units were made (104 actual units.)

More often seen outside of U.S is cars (coupes mostly) special ordered with “Fiorano Handling Pack,” which pretty much is the same thing that comes on the Serie Fiorano.

This black car is fitted with the Fiorano Handling Pack. You can tell by the cross-drilled rotors and red calipers. This wasn’t numbered, but I would go out on a limb and say much fewer than 100 units special ordered with it. And the few that I have seen have even more carbon bits optioned than just the door sill, center console, and radio surround seen on the Serie Fiorano. This black car obviously has the sport seats. It has Serie Fiorano goodies… and some, just not numbered. However, I have yet to see a car optioned with the suede covered steering wheel outside of the Serie Fiorano.

I’ve mentioned here a few times, I feel the Serie Fiorano is a U.S marketing gimmick. Try ordering an F430 with Scuderia parts. Not gonna happen.

Yassa, 308 GTB and carnutdallas like this.
  8. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    Yes, I know all that. The implication was that it is a Fiorano, "one of 104"

9. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    I think he simply implying it has a Fiorano Handling Pack, not an actual Serie Fiorano. Most likely confusing the 104 production number with Serie Fiorano… unless of course, he knows the actual production number of coupes produced with FHP.

10. 308 GTB

308 GTB F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 7, 2002
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Barry Wolinsky
    I agree, Ken.

That FHP car would be highly desirable.

11. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
  12. nismodrifter

nismodrifter Formula Junior

Jun 11, 2008
    YYC/YVR
    Full Name:
    Navdeep
    I thought the shop looked familiar. Saw your cars featured on a certain Youtube channel recently.

13. RichB1

RichB1 Rookie

Dec 30, 2020
    Orlando, FL
    Full Name:
    Richard
    Interested to see where this goes, from what I have seen recently most on BAT seem to be fairly sorted, this one needs some money putting into it for sure. Although I am not scared or put off by something that needs a bit of attention I think this might be a bit too much project and unknown for me to jump on.

14. JohnnyTT

JohnnyTT Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 12, 2012
    NJ
    Full Name:
    John
    Anybody have input on typical pricing on a 99 F1 GTS in great condition with 15-25k miles?

Much appreciated.

15. Pepsi10

Pepsi10 Formula Junior

Nov 24, 2008
    InlandNorthWest
    Full Name:
    Mike M
    That car, it seems like the detailing guy in the shop did his best. The exterior and interior leather and carpets look ok.
    It’s a shame you are so far away. For example, the roof. The say it is inoperable. If you could look at it, and see what is going on with that. Mine works, but I am often tempted to just make it a manual. For that car, maybe you could disconnect/pull the hydraulics, and operate it as a manual, while you sorted out the other stuff.
    I suspect the car will be bid to $50-60K(it has been in a small accident). I would not try to mess with that car unless you had $15-20k for the major, and a water pump, calipers okay? Roof? AND, you have time to sort out some stuff on your own. If you are busy…not a good project. Half assed photos of the underside. Some of the clamps in the engine bay look rusted. Like the car wasn’t garaged or sat for a long time? Or? Tires are 2008… I guess we will know more when they post the driving videos tomorrow.

RichB1 likes this.
  16. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Hemming's, BAT, PCAR, ebay sold items, general Internet etc. Lots of factors as well so it depends I suppose. I think BAT is probably the best bet. You can see results over a year here plotted out. https://bringatrailer.com/ferrari/f355/?q=355

Hemmings is good as it aggregates prices across channels.

17. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    #6967 ShineKen, Jul 20, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2021
    https://speedartmotorsports.com/collection/1998-ferrari-f355-spider/

Can someone explain this car to me? Looks like a Serie Fiorano prototype. Has a non numbered Serie Fiorano plaque. Might even have Fiorano Handling package with cross drilled rotors and painted calipers. Has all of the Serie Fiorano carbon bits and some.

This car sold on BAT last year for $68k.

18. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
  19. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
  20. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
  21. 911NBK

911NBK Karting

Jan 2, 2021
    Yassa likes this.
  22. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I assumed A) you can order one blank or B) the factory put it on as a request as it has the parts but is not numbered

23. Culprit

Culprit Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 4, 2011
    Santa Ana, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian
  24. malex

malex Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 5, 2007
    FL
    I can't speak to the other bits but the cf center console is aftermarket, not oem. Weave doesn't look quite right and the oem console doesn't have a front pocket in front of the shifter. I have an oem cf console in my 355. Not the best pic but here it is next to leather-covered center console

Image Unavailable, Please Login

25. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Every 355 will trade higher than equivalent 993tt

ShineKen likes this.