Ferrari 330GT | FerrariChat

Ferrari 330GT

Discussion in 'Vintage Ferrari Market' started by Hnick1975, Jul 19, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Hnick1975

Hnick1975 Rookie

Jul 19, 2021
    Cologne, Germany
    Full Name:
    Heiko Nick
    Hi,
    I consider buying a Ferrari 330 GT 2+2. the car is located in the US. As I am 1,93m I am not sure I fit into the car comfortably.

Does anyone in the cologne, Germany area know a Ferrari 330 (owner) where I could tryout out ?
    Thanks
    H

2. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    would be great before asking here to introduce yourself a little even you filled out your profile. thank you.

3. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Serial number?

Marcel Massini

4. Hnick1975

Hnick1975 Rookie

Jul 19, 2021
    Cologne, Germany
    Full Name:
    Heiko Nick
    Hello Joe,
    sorry, did not want to be impolite!

My name is Heiko, I live in the Cologne area in Germany. I do like cars but have a not a great history of owning classic cars. I have driven Mercedes AMG cars (C63S and E63S) but now have traded this in to an SUV, given that I have 2 little boys age 2 and 4.
    I have owned a Porsche 993 Turbo but sold it a while ago. Now I am looking for a car that I can use with the boys and is still fun to drive. With this in mind I thought about a Ferrari 330, but this is still early stages. I am screening the market and have found an offer that looks promising, but first need to check if I fit into the car. I am a bit nervous as I have heard about the fact that many of these cars are not made for humans of my size.-))

Thanks for welcoming me to this group! Looking forward to any kind of advise!

Sorry again for not introducing myself in the first place!

Best
    Heiko

turbo-joe likes this.
  5. Hnick1975

Hnick1975 Rookie

Jul 19, 2021
    Cologne, Germany
    Full Name:
    Heiko Nick
    I have so far only received pictures. I have asked for the serial number and am waiting for the buyer sending it.

6. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Buyer? I thought hat would be you?
    Do you mean seller?

Marcel Massini

7. Hnick1975

Hnick1975 Rookie

Jul 19, 2021
    Cologne, Germany
    Full Name:
    Heiko Nick
  8. mjmccoymd

mjmccoymd Rookie

Aug 29, 2005
    Lawrenceville, GA (USA) & Montegridolfo, Italy
    Full Name:
    Michael McCoy
    I am also 1.93m (6’4”), and actually most of the older 2+2 cars are quite comfortable for one of that height.

Many years ago I drove those and similar, and have owned a 400I and 412.

While I fit in the cars quite well, of course everyone is different (long legs vs long torso, etc.), but I think that you should be able to enjoy the car from the fitting into it perspective.

9. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    I have a 993 and owned a 330. The 330 is actually more spacious with much better headroom. You should be fine.

The headroom is very generous k being design at a time when all men wore hats. I’m 1,83m and installed seat risers so that I had a better view.

Matt

10. 330gt

330gt Formula 3

Nov 12, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Kerry Chesbro
  11. Ferrari_250tdf

Ferrari_250tdf Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2005
    Looks like a nice car. Some details are probably missing. US$ 410,000 asking is very ambitious, especially considering an import to Germany.

12. Hnick1975

Hnick1975 Rookie

Jul 19, 2021
    Cologne, Germany
    Full Name:
    Heiko Nick
    Thanks for your help! The advertised car was a fake. Luckily I did not yet spend any money on inspection etc.....

13. Hnick1975

Hnick1975 Rookie

Jul 19, 2021
    Cologne, Germany
    Full Name:
    Heiko Nick
    Thanks! Had the chance to sit in a 330. There is sufficient room.-))

14. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    5 Litre engine???

Matt

15. Hnick1975

Hnick1975 Rookie

Jul 19, 2021
    Cologne, Germany
    Full Name:
    Heiko Nick
    Seems there indeed someone has worked on the original engine and changed it to 5 litre. so no original anymore.
    However, the ad was fake anyway. The guy told me that this was a separate engine and the original was still with the car. Bus the report says it is the same.....and since asking for the Serial Number the buyer did not reply anyway.

16. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    sad to hear this :(

17. Ferrari_250tdf

Mar 3, 2005
    There is an interesting 330 GT 2+2 on offer in Norway. S/N 8495 with an very rare color combination. For some surely strange but allegedly original. The thing that bothers with that car is that the engine from a 365 GT is installed. What happened to the original engine? For a non matching car the price is a bit too high imho.

18. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    link to the car would be great

19. Ferrari_250tdf

Mar 3, 2005
  20. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
  21. Hnick1975

Hnick1975 Rookie

Jul 19, 2021
    Cologne, Germany
    Full Name:
    Heiko Nick
    I know this car. Seems really expensive given it is not matching numbers.
    There is also a silver car in Spain for sale. Price is similar to the one in Norway. This car is matching numbers and looks good (VIN 8917). What I do not like there is that the car has been restored in 2009 in the US and no information on who did it. And the car has not been used for more than 4 years….I am hesitating a bit to go to Spain if they don’t show me real pictures of the engine restoration. And some more things that do not sound plausible for a car in that range …..
    I totally understand that really good examples cost 300-350keur. But for the higher range I at least hope not to have too many question marks from the beginning - is this naive ?

22. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    better more ???? than less
    spain is not so far to have a look at, but take your time. this can not be done within 2 or 3 hours.
    but restored? think the worst, then you can only be positively surprised :)
    if you need help for looking at the car I could help you. I´m at the border CH-D-FR
    I already helped some other members here looking at some cars, but those have been in US, CAN and AUS

23. 330gt

330gt Formula 3

Nov 12, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Kerry Chesbro
    RM has two 330 GTs and Gooding has one scheduled for the Monterey auctions in August.

24. Ferrari_250tdf

Mar 3, 2005
    S/N 8917 looks quite good. Only some little details missing. E.g. the cover for the fuse box panel in the engine compartment. What about the belly panels? And tools and books? Emergency crank for the electric windows? Ask for more pictures.

Browse through Kerry Chesbro's site to learn all about the 330 GT 2+2: www.330gt.com
    And get the book "Ferrari V12" from Keith Bluemel. It was available in English or German. You should find it in the bay.

And I am sure there will be more good 330 GT 2+2 on the market in the near future.

25. Hnick1975

Hnick1975 Rookie

Jul 19, 2021
    Cologne, Germany
    Full Name:
    Heiko Nick
    Agree, the car looks good. I have asked for more pictures. Looks decent but not great. I think I will look into the auctions in the us and do a restoration myself (let it do, of course)

would be great if you are right and more come on the market :)