P4 chassis blueprints | Page 3 | FerrariChat

P4 chassis blueprints

Discussion in 'Recreations & Non-Period Rebodies' started by Horsefly, Dec 21, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    what engine you put in?
    what gearbox?

2. JJNino

JJNino Rookie

Dec 11, 2011
    California
    Full Name:
    JOHN NINO
    Hi Horsefly, You are correct. The Norwood chassis has evolved significantly over the years. Their have in-fact been well over 100 engineered design improvements incorporated into the latest iteration of the chassis. The latest version is a completely TIG welded 4130 Chromoly work of art that retains many original design elements including coolant running through stainless steel chassis tubes. Numerous suspension geometry changes for handling & drivability have been incorporated along with changes to integrate pedal hangers and mounts for all brake and clutch cylinders, more consistent with the original P cars. I suspect that critics of the Norwood P4 have never actually seen one in person. I have learned from David Piper that many parts from the original P Cars were pulled off the Scuderia parts shelf. I'll ask him about the steering rack. Mine incorporates a later model Ferrari Rack that bolts directly into the Norwood Chassis. Every time I share how I've incorporated a later model Ferrari component on my car, DP comments "I wish I'd had that part back in the day".... Some of the best conversations we've had have been about using the F133 550 V12 engine in my car. Cheers. Nino

Texas Forever likes this.
  3. JJNino

JJNino Rookie

Dec 11, 2011
    California
    Full Name:
    JOHN NINO
    My Car has an Ferrari F133 550 V12 and a specially modified Porsche G50 Gearbox that shifts mechanically from the side. Nino

BJK, Texas Forever and turbo-joe like this.
  4. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    Last Activity: Oct 26, 2017 :confused:

5. PanameraPat

PanameraPat Rookie

Jan 19, 2023
    Full Name:
    Patrick Kelley
    Hello Ferrari lovers and experts. I know this is an old post, but it has quite a few references to the RM Wilson P4 that was created over a very long period of time. Also some references to a possible 2nd recreation he may be building. Sooooooo............. If that first Wilson P4 were to come to market in today's world, what do you experts think it would actually fetch? I understand the build took over 15 years and well into 7 figures back then to build, but it is still a "replica". Any thoughts?

6. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    I think this ^^ should answer all your concerns/questions.

7. PanameraPat

PanameraPat Rookie

Jan 19, 2023
    Full Name:
    Patrick Kelley
    Are you familiar with this particular car? Based on your answer, guessing you are not. But maybe I am wrong?

8. PAUL500

PAUL500 F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2013
    Virtually all replica builds are derided on here, so you are asking in the wrong place for a reasoned response, better off asking on a non marque forum for a world view.

9. PanameraPat

PanameraPat Rookie

Jan 19, 2023
    Full Name:
    Patrick Kelley
    Hey Will: I just started a new thread "Rob Wilson 330 P4" talking about the car you referenced above. Maybe you could help us shed some light on this car. It is in the US and I believe may be coming to market (rumors).