Pista-STO- 765LT- AMG Black series | Page 32 | FerrariChat

Pista-STO- 765LT- AMG Black series

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by SoCal to az, Nov 24, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    In a strange way I’m glad there were so few options on the GT BS. You choose from one of 6 or so exterior colours, one of 2 interior accent colours and yes/no to the upgraded stereo. I think there may have also been a rear cross brace option. It took me 30 seconds to spec my car.

buddyg likes this.
  2. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    Indeed. It’s included in the ‘by McLaren’ interior packs however.

3. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    We have planned a full custom interior - just haven't gotten the bill for it yet

4. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    I’ve gone with a vapid interior spec. Black alcantara, black stitching, black seat belts.

SoCal to az likes this.
  5. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    #780 SoCal to az, Jul 20, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2021
    Son of Darth Vader! Senna seats?

Im doing blue. Blue carbon. blue seats. I shall name it The Smurf!

Shack likes this.
  6. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    No, standard P1 buckets. Decided against the MSO stitching as it was obscenely expensive for what it is, and wouldn’t really pop anyways if I matched it with my exterior.

Yours is a brave spec. Look forward to seeing it.

Jo Sta7 and SoCal to az like this.
  7. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I hope not too brave. :). Everyone at the dealership loved it so far. I hope it turns out good.

Jo Sta7 likes this.
  8. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    So.....on the subject of this. Since I did a leather steering wheel they wanted $4700 for the 12 o'clock marker in kingfisher blue. I couldn't bring myself to do that. However, and I didn't have this priced, I wish I'd have had the steering wheel stitching in kingfisher blue to offset the black leather. I wonder what they would have wanted for that.

9. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    You are correct - I checked the price list and was mistaken about the steering wheel stripe. I swallowed the pill on my Senna and I believe it was $3,500 at that time. ‘Inflation’.

I think I heard a number of around $11k CAD for MSO bespoke stitching. I could be wrong, I just recall it was pricey and I’d have also worried that it might delay my build.

10. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    So I heard that for like 8-9k you can do a full custom interior. Doesnt matter the stitching or material. This is how Ive specced my car. Now if it turns out that I just did 40k worth of interior upgrades, there is going to be some splaining to do.......I think if you ala carte the options its more but there is a package for full bespoke. I will let you guys know shortly.

Jo Sta7 likes this.
  11. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    8-9k is probably stitching only. Then you need to add colour to the seats (centre mesh area) and the door/dashboard inserts. Add coloured CF and Senna seats and I bet your interior upgrades will be closer to $50k.

Mine: $0

12. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Let’s see. Should have pricing in the next few weeks. I already know what I need to get rid of if that’s the case. I’m doing senna seats and have different colored padding. Honestly- it’s all I need to finish my soec. $0 is always better but I don’t think I’m going to escape with zero this time.

13. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    I forgot coloured seat belts and embossed head rests in the stitching colour.

Just make sure you’re sitting down.

14. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Black seat belts. It’s not a problem. I already have a budget in mind for the spec. If this exceeds the budget- I know exactly how to bring it in line. All good.

15. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #790 Shadowfax, Jul 20, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2021
    Guys don't be fooled by the ease of install and the actual time being quoted by Evo to retrofit the bridge. One of the biggest hurdles is in the winglet install and, getting it to fit right. Also keep in mind the appearance of the aftermarket bridge looks out of place particularly on the left hand side where all the weave runs in the opposite direction to all of the other CF parts alongside and below (inc door mirror).

The biggest issue however is the weave within the aftermarket winglets where a patchwork of CF sections is used as coverage - the weave of these patches running in all different opposing directions. This really breaks the eye-line when looking down through the bridge. The OEM weave otoh is all in perfect alignment over all facets within the winglets - running in the same perfect line right up through the bridge. Also keep in mind these CF winglets become a focal point on the car so its very easy to spot the obvious discrepancies within the aftermarket parts so I would personally recommend using the OEM bridge parts if you want the right outcome. I would also strongly advise protecting yourselves by having Evo put their install time in writing and agree that if it runs over by more than an hour they will reimburse you in full. The time it took for master tech who has done this job more than once and who is pulling these cars apart day in day out laughed at the the suggestion this job took 1.5 hours. He said add another 30.

Jo sta7 re the CF roof retrofit I can also advise that changing the T out to CF is a major job as the screen has to be broken in the process. Again all info coming from master tech here who has done this very job.

PS. If you wish further info or pics please pm me as I don't want to derail the thread.

16. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    I didn't get that same impression after looking at a friends nardo with the black pack. Also the front fender vents and door mirror casings were still in CF which interrupted the flow considerably so not sure what happened there. In addition to that obvious deficiency, the black really didn't do anything to enhance the overall look of the car in any particular way. I actually thought the standard no cost finish looked better/more bespoke looking on the other 765 parked up close by. I also wasn't the only one there who offered that thought either although I accept that looks are subjective.

PS yes the arrows point toward the bridge and rear vents.

Coincid likes this.
  17. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    All good. I’m doing black pack. Spec is done. Regualr palladium gray is. It an option for me.

18. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Id definitely go through MSO and do the fender vents and also make a point the mirror casings are black - that way if the car comes through with these parts in CF you can lean on the dealer to fix it. Spec errors are not uncommon. Also be sure you have ticked the fender vent box or the car will come without fender vents. That happened to 2 cars here. A lot of messing around to fix it!

ScrappyB likes this.
  19. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Bro- what makes you think that I didn’t spend close to 4 hours with the folks at MSO speccing my car. Not saying that I did cause if I did Im pretty sure they would have me sign an NDA and not talk about the process because the car isn’t even released officially so all this talk is all just semantics anyways till I officially get to design the car. But if I was in a position to spec the car this early in the process, rest assured I’d do it properly with the folks in Woking to make sure we didn’t screw up the spec.

Shack likes this.
  20. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    OK. If you say so. I was only mentioning that errors have come through from guys who spent hours just like you. Fwiw even I had a couple of spec errors and I spent more than 4 hours getting everything spot on. Maybe i'm mistaken but it seems you are getting a bit pissy because I commented that the black pack was unremarkable. My apology if I have offended you in any way.

Gh21631 likes this.
  21. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I’m not pissy at all. Just saying that whatever the spec ends up being, I understand it’s not going to please everyone. A lot of effort has been spent to please one person- me. Actually two. Me and my wife. If there are things that you don’t like or others don’t like- it’s ok. I didn’t spec it for anyone else. I specced it for me. It’s not the perfect spec for everyone. It’s the perfect spec for me and my wife. All good.

Shack and Gh21631 like this.
  22. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    That's fine. No need to reinforce your position there. I completely understand appearances are subjective and that the main thing is for the individual/s being satisfied.

My main point was that there have been spec issues so it definitely pays to have a very clear understanding up front - desirably in writing - that the car will be put right regardless of who is at fault.

Gh21631 likes this.
  23. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Understood and appreciate the heads up. I’ll make sure spec is what I want and hopefully they don’t screw ip. I’ll keep two eyes out for errors.

24. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Time and effort for the retrofit seemed a bit optimistic to me as well.

25. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    I saw this on the Porsche forum. I can’t find it on the website now. Maybe it sold? Who knew the Black Series was this popular…?

Image Unavailable, Please Login