The Purosangue Thread | Page 63 | FerrariChat

The Purosangue Thread

Discussion in 'Purosangue' started by MDEL, Dec 6, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    456-boy and Jonathan19 like this.
  2. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    456-boy and Alvega like this.
  3. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    456-boy likes this.
  4. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
    lambo just sold 15oooth urus....

456-boy likes this.
  5. therryzsx

therryzsx Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2011
    I wonder what will be market value of 10 years old Urus with 50k miles on the clock

mdrums likes this.
  6. 4re4ever

4re4ever Formula 3

Mar 26, 2006
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Simon
    #1556 4re4ever, Jul 23, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2021
    Rear door is smaller, Roof line, windscreen lines are different. Bonnet top is different and front is different. The Body height also looks lower aka squashed down.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

WilliamB, MDEL and ROMO like this.
  7. ROMO

ROMO Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 18, 2008
    WASHINGTON DC
    Full Name:
    ROMO
    Based on the mule pics I feel it's generally underwhelming vs the Urus. I'm 6'3" and am. VERY comfortable in the rear seats of the Urus.

8. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Are there any car in wich you felt uncomfortable because of you size ?

9. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    I wonder what kind of V12 can fit in that smallish bonnet?

Appears to be 25% shorter than the Lusso hood (cowl to bumper)

Since @Marcel Massini indicates there will be a V12, seems like it will be a rather small one?

WilliamB, ferrarifanatic25 and MDEL like this.
  10. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Isn’t virtually all of the V12 behind the front wheel line in the Lusso? Perhaps they push it slightly forward, a small compromise in dynamics in an already compromised platform...

ferrarifanatic25 and MDEL like this.
  11. ROMO

ROMO Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 18, 2008
    WASHINGTON DC
    Full Name:
    ROMO
    Yes, the Audi R8 V10 Sport Plus...I tried my best to manipulate the seat settings but never felt comfortable in it.
    After that experience, I decided to NEVER buy a car I didn't sit in before buying it. I only lost sales tax so it wasn't a fiscal disaster. :)

dcmetro likes this.
  12. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    They could if they opened the V-angle so the motor wasn't so tall (as well as decreasing its displacement)...otherwise it would be in the way of the AWD transaxle..

MDEL and italiafan like this.
  13. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I think its very hard to judge much based on what we’ve seen- they can be using a hacked up whatever to test whatever systems. They probably have places where they can test out of public view. I don’t believe they will disappoint, especially against such an obvious point of comparison as the Lamborghini. I’m very curious to see how this plays out.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

14. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Jerry I agree with you. I could be wrong but I don't remember before Ferrari using the body of another brand's model to test one of tits cars like they've been doing since last year with the Purosangue mules travestied of Levante. I believe Ferrari wants us to believe that the Purosangue will be an SUV but the low riding height of the mules suggest it will will be an evolution of the GTC-4 probably with more interior space. Concerning the final body of the Purosangue I think Ferrari wants to make a big surprise to all of us by presenting something that's innovative and completely different from a Levante.

15. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    @day355 has suggested that he has seen the Purosangue design and thinks it is nice (don’t recall his exact terminology). I doubt very much he would have a positive comment about the design if it looked anything like a Levante.

SVR, Caeruleus11 and MDEL like this.
  16. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
  17. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
  18. WilliamB

WilliamB Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2017
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    William
    Can't believe the Purosangue design will be that close to a Levante. Ferrari wants to stand out, it's almost an obligation. But I also believe that the new design will have to grow on you, as did most of their designs over the last couple of years.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  19. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    If it in any way, and I mean any way, looks close enough to draw comparisons to the Levante then IMO that would be an epic miss by Ferrari.
    It can’t be a Levante with some extra swoops and ducts here and there...it needs to be a bold new direction for emotional motoring for 4 people. They have to know it will never ever see real dirt, just a gravel driveway perhaps; and it won’t be asked to do track duty except by a few Ferraristi having a laugh with their friends at a track day (just for kicks, bring your buds and girlfriends out for a few laps).
    I would be interested in a Lusso-like car with 4 doors (I know people, like me and my wife who feel “trapped” in the back of a 2+2. I want my own door!). But I would like it lifted a little for ingress-egress and being able to see around traffic on roads since in US just about every vehicle is an SUV, pickup, minivan and sitting in a sports car makes you feel like you are in a blind hole.

20. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Well said.
    Your wish for a lifted Purosangue at will in principle will be satisfied by Ferrari if they equip the new car with an adaptive air suspension. Nowadays there are SUVs equipped with air suspensions with a movement range up to 10 cm (3,94 inches) and I happen to drive one of them. When at the lowest position the car driver's view resembles that of a sedan. However, when at the highest position the driver's view is completely different standing higher than the standard road position of most European SUVs.

WilliamB and Caeruleus11 like this.
  21. 4re4ever

4re4ever Formula 3

Mar 26, 2006
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Simon
    The FF/Lusso design language needs to be done/over/finished. Other wise this new platform is just going to like like a rehash/side step on Ferraris part. Their SUV/FUV Needs to be totally new and offer something that no one else does in that space. Not just another SUV with a Ferrari badge added. They seem to be doing alot of work so lets hope its worth the wait. I do think like the current new range its going to be a love or hate solution sadly.

22. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    They need to blow me away...or no moola from this guy....

Caeruleus11 and 4re4ever like this.
  23. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
  24. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
  25. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    That's a Roma travestied of Purosangue. The rear section looks ok but the front section doesn't. The bonnet and the front wheel fenders are too short and not well achieved.