NBA 20-21 | Page 13 | FerrariChat

NBA 20-21

Discussion in 'Sports' started by 95spiderman, Dec 18, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus

How much money did this guy lose tonight?

2. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Im still bitter and will comfort myself by saying healthy nets would've beat bucks in 5. :mad:

3. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

I love giannis’ speech. Clearly some shot at all those weak stars like KD and Lebron joining or creating super team.
    I can’t wait for lefraud James to retire… His I want my damn respect speech last year was just like him: so entitled.
    Jordan’s goat status is safe.
    Next year will be great.
    I don’t see Milwaukee repeating.
    I have nets, Lakers (they will get a big name , Paul??lilliard?, kawhi?) and Warriors ahead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Natkingcolebasket69

That’s the thing- your team gave a lot of money To a prodigy-Kyrie-who is not motivated to play enough.
    A genius coming back from a torn Achilles-KD
    And an overweight strip club addict in harden.
    If they focus they have this in the bag

5. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Kd shouldve skipped Olympics to stay w his boy kyrie and make sure he knows bball better be his only priority next yr. Can def see ky poison team

Harden is my man! Best player in league bc can do it alone and make others better. Nets would've won it all if kd got hurt but harden healthy. He was that good. Just hope ky doesn't destroy team

6. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Watch for the Atlanta Hawks next year. Give Nate McMillan a full year with those guys, and they'll remind the rest of the league what "TEAM" basketball is all about.

7. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Is john Collins staying? Big piece for them but not worth max deal. Besides its all nets in 22!

8. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Woah! Wait … waaaat??? Harden win it all without KD??? With the rest of the league healthy too?

Harden is a skilled crafty player. He’s fun to watch and exciting in a sense. Magician like and makes plays look effortless. HOWEVER, his tricks only work in the regular season. In a playoff series, the magician gets exposed.

He shoots a TON of threes and doesn’t shoot them particularly well and his percentage falls off in the Playoffs. You’re not an elite 3 pt shooter unless you’re shooting it above 40%. His playoff 3pt % avg is 33%. I bet it is even less in deciding games.

Playoffs are just different. Teams make adjustments and players get used to your style of play and can tighten up on the defense. Regular season has no pressure. Playoffs do and that added mental pressure plus added defensive pressure can cause shaky hands on long jump shots.

No way Harden wins it all without KD. He hasnt proven he can consistently perform under playoff pressure. Not even gonna get into his non existent defense.

BMW.SauberF1Team likes this.
  9. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Nets with only harden were better than nets w only kd. I watched every game. Maybe only happened last yr w that roster and never again but firmly believe healthy harden would've gotten ring regardless kd. Crazy but true and I accept kd had better career and might be mvp again next season. just not last season

10. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    #310 ShineKen, Jul 22, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2021
    I’ve watched all of his Playoff games the last 5 years. His best performance was against the Warriors. He has alot of no-shows or shaky hands in deciding games. Tends to do stuff from Quarter 1-3 and bust 4th quarter when the pressure is on.

Basketball isn’t played at the same intensity in the regular season like it is the Playoffs. They recognize his patterns as the series moves along. They make him work for threes and he loves to shoot em. He expends alot energy with excessive dribbling pump fakes, step-backs, side stepping, etc… he moves around alot before his jump shot during his jump shot. That eventually wears you down decreases your accuracy. They look great for highlights when he does make them and appears “skilled.” He feels he needs to be like Steph to win, but his % just isn’t there. Even Steph drops a bit in the Playoffs but he starts high. Shoots 43% in the regular season, 40% in the Playoffs. I believe 33% is the league’s 3 pt shooting average. James Harden is shooting it at exactly the league average, but probably top 3 in 3 point attempts per game. All that shaking and baking to shoot the league avg.

Best part of his game is getting high percentage points in the paint, drawing fouls, and shooting high percentage free throws. But most of the time, they are opportunistic plays that come when the defense gives it to him. He doesn’t will his way like Giannis, Lebron, KD, or Kawhi. If the opportunity doesn’t present itself, he just goes for a 3… after a ton of dribbling and a few step backs straffing/fading away on the jump shot. It’s either a high percentage 2 or an avg percentage 3 for him. There’s no decent reliable mid range game. KD has all 3. KD shot 40% from 3 in the Playoffs for Brooklyn.

95spiderman likes this.
  11. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    All true regarding his poor Houston playoff record. And he did some of the bad dribble step back 3s this yr too but his overall game is different since nets. He makes everyone else so much better. They have a confidence w him I don't see when its just kd. With kd, they watch like fans in stands. Not w harden where everyone is involved. We will see what happens next season.

ShineKen likes this.
  12. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    I get what you're saying. Harden plays like a point guard and a pretty good one at that. Probably even better than CP3. He's a great facilitator when he's not eating up 10 secs on the clock shaking and baking for a 3. I get his strategy. He's trying to use his 3 as bait to open up the defense so he can penetrate and facilitate. That will only work if he can get his percentage up during a playoff series. Otherwise, teams will just let him shake and bake all he wants. The more, the better... tire him out. Personally, I feel if his usage rate remains high, he's already peaked when it comes to 3pt shooting %. He can improve a few percentage points, but that's about it. I think he realizes that, which is why he decided to join KD/Kyrie.

And yes, KD is more Jordan-like. He IS the offense. Teammates just watch as he's doing his thing. I guess it's all about finding balance. Personally, I feel the simpler the play, the better and sometimes just passing it to KD in the post for decent to high percentage 2 is what you need in crunch time. More passes, more chances for a mistake. I like the idea of getting the team involved and motivated quarter 1-3 and going to your go-to guy in the 4th to simplify the offense. Shoot, they fed Giannis the whole game in game 6. Giannis scored at 62%. The rest of the team shot like 25% running complicated plays. KD and Giannis are one of the few guys who can give you that if everything else doesn't seem to be working. Harden? Haven't seen enough of that from him yet.

And what about D? Who's doing the D in Brooklyn? I feel like they don't even play D. They rather just save energy to outscore the opponent. And that's with KD. I just can't see Kryie/Harden Nets winning it all with the rest of the league healthy.

13. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    I know nets def stats were weak but the brief time big 3 played together showed lots promise. Ky and harden actually tried and were pretty good. Kd was really good. Wouldn't exactly be piston but had they stayed healthy defense would've been very good by time played phx in finals.

I didn't watch cp3 closely but from what I saw this year, harden was multiple levels better pg. Really seemed like magic Johnson w better shot. Amazed me

ShineKen likes this.
  14. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    For comparison, in 2019/2020 season when Giannis thought he was gonna become Steph Curry with a 3 pt shot, he averaged about 4.5 attempts/per game shooting 33% in the Playoffs and he's considered a below average shooter. He dropped to 19% this year in the Playoffs, but also dropped his attempts to about 3 per game.

15. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    I guess I’m a bit late, but anyone following the Kwame Brown saga?

16. Natkingcolebasket69

U are soooo late lol! Kwame got tired of being bullied so he clapped Back

ShineKen likes this.
  17. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    I only follow basketball when the playoffs start :).

It appears what triggered him most is hearing former teammates Gilbert Arenas (your boy) and Stephen Jackson gossip about him on “All The Smoke,” which has been gaining a ton of traction.

They broke a code. You don’t talk negative about your teammates and broadcast that out there. Now you’ve just unleashed the beast in a man who’s been holding back for 20 years. He’s on a rampage and he’s got a checklist. I like that :).

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  18. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    He was an awful nba player and gets criticized for it. Big deal. What's the story here?

19. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    You’re sooooo late.

95spiderman likes this.
  20. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Ok so kwame is politically conservative which could be interesting in p&r section but he sucked in nba after being1st pick overall and is still a bust here in sports section.

21. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    I won't be able to watch the Olympics much given the 13 hour time difference from east coast, but this 3x3 thing caught me by surprise at opening ceremony. US men's not in it for some reason.

22. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    glad kd came thru for usa but that team looked exactly like kd/kyrie nets did to me with tatum. mostly 1 v 1 iso plays with lots bail out 3's that miss. and no penetration at all. france seemed to have a much more organized offense. i know usa only thrown together without time to gel but with kerr and pop coaching, i would expect much more. bet harden would ve made big difference with usa like he did with nets.

lets go nets 22!!!!!!!!

23. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Good ole Kyrie. Not going to play or practice due to vaccination status.

24. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    nets grew a pair. he is not allowed to practice or play until able to be full time. yes, i can still be a nets fan! btw, they will win it all w patty mills at point as long as harden and kd stay healthy. theyre better this yr w/o kyrie than last yr with him.

25. Natkingcolebasket69

Is he still paid though?