Lotus Emira | Page 7 | FerrariChat

Lotus Emira

Discussion in 'British' started by sainthoo, Jun 14, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. eurocg

eurocg Karting

Jun 14, 2019
    Florida
    Full Name:
    C
    I placed a deposit at my local dealer.

Will be going manual, V6.

I think this looks beautiful and different. Nice stable mate.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

nickorette and pearsonhaus like this.
  2. c8spidey

c8spidey Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2018
    westchester county ny
    Full Name:
    lou g
    Touche!--I did the same last week-Verdant Green,Black PKG. and tan seats,6cyl stick.

3. eurocg

eurocg Karting

Jun 14, 2019
    Florida
    Full Name:
    C
    Ha!

Same.

We will need to make sure we don’t do the same wheels. I call dips on HRE

pearsonhaus likes this.
  4. c8spidey

c8spidey Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2018
    westchester county ny
    Full Name:
    lou g
    Oh yea!-says who?---congrats!----a year away I'm figuring.Actually got the Diamond Cut Ultra Light Weight forged alloy wheels.

5. c8spidey

c8spidey Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2018
    westchester county ny
    Full Name:
    lou g
    Btw where in Fla. are you?

6. eurocg

eurocg Karting

Jun 14, 2019
    Florida
    Full Name:
    C

I forget which ones spec’ed on the questionnaire. Probably whatever was standard

I am between New Hampshire (Windham area) and Santa Rosa Beach, FL.

Have property’s in Florida and my girl bought a Dental practice up here in the Northeast.

I assume you are in FL, whereabouts?

7. c8spidey

c8spidey Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2018
    westchester county ny
    Full Name:
    lou g
    Actually I don't but have friends who just bought 2nd homes,one in Jupiter and others in the Sarasota area.
    So, thinking about looking in Fla., but at this point not sure.
    Am going to Sarasota in August to check out things and then to East coast.
    Maybe I'll pick your brain about things if I get serious about where to choose.
    Thanks,
    Lou

8. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    #158 IloveGT, Jul 22, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2021
    I feel like I have some backgrounds to comment. Currently own a 4c spyder, 718 spyder (plus a numbers of porsche GT cars before), a Lotus evora 400, 458 and FF, I think Lotus just have to survive. Hey, Ferrari is selling a SUV and Porsche survived by Cayenne (and shoot I am finally getting one too, a cayenne coupe hybrid coming in Nov). Who are we to judge who threw in the towel? Guess which car I am selling now? the 718 spyder.

It's okay. I want myself an Emira but I won't pay any mark up and waiting for future models with higher HP. Emira looks way better than the 296! Hello. Who designed that 296!? How much better? Kate Upton vs Kim Kardishian.

I dare you.

https://www.glamour.com/story/kate-upton-sports-illustrated-swimsuit-issue-cover-2017

https://www.marieclaire.com/celebrity/g12802532/kim-kardashian-emotional-moments/

All art is imitation of others.

pearsonhaus likes this.
  9. Wolfram

Wolfram Rookie

Jun 2, 2021
    Full Name:
    David Browne
    pearsonhaus likes this.
  10. pearsonhaus

pearsonhaus Formula 3

Jul 2, 2008
    That makes it a more difficult decision, doesn't it? I do think the Emira is more attractive and exotic looking. The performance test will give the answer for direction. I hope Lotus will stay with the initial pricing. If they keep the price attractive and the performance is what it needs to be, this could really be great for the Lotus brand. It may be somewhat removed from their roots, but I am for keeping the marque alive.

Pawilly likes this.
  11. Wolfram

Wolfram Rookie

Jun 2, 2021
    Full Name:
    David Browne
    I agree, it's definitely more exotic and I put my deposit down because I'd love to support the brand. As a ~£60k manual with decent performance and (I expect) a great chassis that would get a lot of track use it makes sense to me, but as it creeps past £80k it becomes a different proposition - more than I paid for my 911 Carrera S, without either the performance or (I expect) the refinement, and approaching 50% of what I paid for my 488 Spider which is in a different class altogether.

12. pearsonhaus

pearsonhaus Formula 3

Jul 2, 2008
    Absolutely! Right now, if pricing is proper, I think it depends on the performance and quality. I hope for a pleasant surprise.

Pawilly likes this.
  13. AFKC

AFKC Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 27, 2011
    IloveGT, is your Evora 400 Verde Ithaca?

14. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    yes!

15. AFKC

AFKC Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 27, 2011
    That's funny, my 2017 is as well. I was told there were only 2 400's in this color.

16. AFKC

AFKC Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 27, 2011
  17. Innovativethinker

Innovativethinker F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2009
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Mark Smith
    pearsonhaus likes this.
  18. Carbuilder

Carbuilder Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2012
    Bolton, ON
    Full Name:
    Rick
    For those in Canada.....

I just talked with a Lotus dealership. The one dealership has deposits for about 40 cars now, with more coming in every day. I asked how many cars are coming to Canada and he didn't know. It requires a $5k (Canadian) deposit. Sounds to me like there are going to be more orders than cars in Canada. The deposit is refundable so likely people will drop out as pricing is finalized.

I was keen on it until I read the post about pricing with the link several posts up. The original articles suggested £60,000 and talked about the 6 cylinder engine. I mistakenly thought they went together. Apparently the 6 cylinder engine model will be closer to £80,000.

Anyways, the dealer said firm pricing has not been announced but thought it would start around $120k Canadian. I figure that puts the 6 cylinder/manual tranny one well over $140k, probably $150k. That is in a whole different territory than a direct conversion of £60,000 giving $104k Canadian. Of course it depends on what you compare it to, but that is way above top of the line Vette and Cayman. A few year old Evora would be a bargain.

Rick

19. jimmyb

jimmyb Formula 3

Dec 26, 2005
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Full Name:
    James Bookout
    I say good for Lotus.
    As history has shown, building cars for the "PURISTS" is a fools errand. The builder will die a horrible death.
    Just like manual transmissions...if you believe the forums, EVERYONE buys manuals. Reality is that, in Ferrari's case, when the BUYER had a choice, less than 10% bought manuals.

20. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    yes you are right. I was also told there are only 2 in this color in North America.

AFKC likes this.
  21. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    Besides the power upgrade, I am also waiting for paint to sample option. I will opt for Verdes Ithaca or Scandal again for the Emira.

plastique999 likes this.
  22. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    I wonder which engine the 4cyl car will have. the new motor looks great, but as lotus says 360-400hp sounds like maybe the old one.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a27813840/mercedes-amg-m139-four-cylinder-engine-specs/

That new motor is somehting special, and if the emira has that motor and lighter weight it too will be something special.
    I get that the 6 cyl car sounds great and will work as an evocative road Gt but a lighter more powerful 4 cyl that can really dance on track, thats a lotus and somehting no one else makes..

pearsonhaus likes this.
  23. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Just love that Evora color!
    And nice FF!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

24. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Strikes me to pause…really want a manual.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

25. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean

Acording to evo, its the newer 4cyl motor but in the lower 375 hp state of tune, with the higher 417hp version coming later, ill speculate on the more track focussed version. Ill wait for that, already have 3 other manual cars, and for track happy to go with paddles. The gulia is getting me used to paddles, theyre not as engaging but are ok on street and I think allow for more driver focus on track therefore the same in terms of entertainment there.
    An emira with less weight and more Hp could be the ticket, the Gt4Rs when it coes out should be the yardstick..

I can see how the v6 manual is to conisieurs choice for a great road car.

plastique999 and pearsonhaus like this.