Harry’s Garage review of 365 GT4 2+2 | FerrariChat

Harry’s Garage review of 365 GT4 2+2

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by Il Tifoso, Aug 1, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Il Tifoso

Il Tifoso Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2013
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ruben
    Hi all,

Not sure if you all are fans of Harry Metcalfe (long time automotive journalist) or his YouTube channel “Harry’s Garage”, but he’s just put out a great video of a wonderful 365 GT4 2+2, comparing it to his personal Lamborghini Espada. Super interesting to see these two models be compared back to back.

Enjoy!

Ruben

2. simon klein

simon klein Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
    Interesting you should put this up Ruben.
    When looking for 'The Car' the Espada and Mazzer Indy were on the short list.
    As I was still married then,the proviso was I had to get the two boys inside.

There were few cars of any of the above for sale at the time but in the end it was the club that swayed me to the 365.....very active in my state and country.

Edit,is it just me or does his car have a miss?

GTR-Man and Il Tifoso like this.
  3. Il Tifoso

Il Tifoso Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2013
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ruben
    Good ear Simon! I forgot to mention that in my post… I believe you’re right - it seems like it’s just off idle, which makes me think it’s maybe carb related? Otherwise, it seems to sing (as these lovely beasts usually do) in the higher rpm ranges.

Cheers!

Ruben

4. Arvid

Arvid Formula Junior

May 28, 2012
    Norway
    Full Name:
    Arvid Andersson
    Good review by Harry and enjoyable to watch as always. But I'm not sure this 365 is all there when it comes to power. It seems sluggish when flooring it. I had a go in one of these some years ago and I remember it as more willing and rev happy.

Il Tifoso and GTR-Man like this.
  5. Ak Jim

Ak Jim F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 23, 2007
    North Pole AK
    I think the Ferrari isn't running well. Sounds like it is down one or two cylinders. Of course it is hard to tell from just watching a video but I'd say my car is significantly faster.

Il Tifoso, GTR-Man and raemin like this.
  6. GTR-Man

GTR-Man Rookie

Jun 10, 2021
    Ireland
    Full Name:
    Paul Gartlan
    Just saw the video an hour ago and I think regardless of how that actual car is running I think this will lead to a jump in interest in the 365 GT4's and of course the 400s and the 412s and possibly an increase in asking prices if not sale prices too! All in all, he has done these cars a good turn methinks!

365GT4 2+2 and Il Tifoso like this.
  7. aidanparte

aidanparte Formula 3

Jul 18, 2004
    Thanks, I’m a big fan of Harry. That was very interesting - I love Espadas.

Il Tifoso likes this.
  8. ricar116

ricar116 Formula Junior

Aug 2, 2005
    Bolivar, Missouri
    Full Name:
    Rick Carr
    Super nice. Thanks for sharing!

Il Tifoso likes this.
  9. Ewan

Ewan Karting

Jul 5, 2015
    Dorset, UK
    Nice review, and given the number of followers he has, it can only help popularise our chosen model.

He reviewed my blue Maserati Shamal a couple of years back. Worth a quick viewing for any Maser fans out there.

The Espada is the one car I would consider changing my 400 for, but not in bright red, and I’d not be fitting a spurious glass sunroof either! Silver, with tan leather, suits them best.

10. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    Love your Shamal, but tan seats with silver is a no, no. :) Silver needs red or black, but never tan. :)

And that roof was amazing! I love the Espada....I'd have to have that roof.