Ferrari ROMA | Page 177 | FerrariChat

Ferrari ROMA

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by ajr550, Feb 7, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. colormered

colormered Rookie

Jan 22, 2021
    Full Name:
    Eric Weinraub
    9nb and tomc like this.
  2. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
    Hey Keith. Same issue….Mine was stuck on but the door worked perfectly. It was at the dealer for awhile…sw updates were not a fix. They had to replace the latch. The worst part…it was a safety warning so they couldn’t release the car back to me until fixed. Have them order it and wait to take in until the part arrives. Hopefully a much easier fix now that production is ramped up.
    Hope it’s a quick fix for you
    James

SVCalifornia likes this.
  3. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith

Many thanks!

SV

RamsHmb likes this.
  4. Mk86

Mk86 Rookie

Sep 1, 2020
    Full Name:
    Moin khan
    Hi Everyone

First ferrari for me - I ordered a roma looking at spring delivery. I would love to get some thoughts on how the regular audio system compares to the upgraded one? Apple CarPlay - how usable is the standard navigation system ?

My Spec so far is

Silverstone
    Brake callipers in yellow
    Carbon fiber upper tunnel
    Yellow coloured inner details
    embroidered house on headrest
    black ceramic exhaust pipes
    coloured mats with logo
    carbon fiber steering when with LEDS
    Ferrari Shields
    Magnaride
    Passenger display
    Drivers and Passengers footrest in aluminum

any "must have" options im missing out on ?

thanks and loving this forum !

Cool Runnin' likes this.
  5. Redneck Slim

Redneck Slim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2011
    Palo Alto,CA,USA
    Full Name:
    Walt Kimball
    Black interior?

6. Crom

Crom Karting

Aug 13, 2020
    USA
    Full Name:
    Crom
    Congrats on your first Ferrari... Same here.

I added Surround View and BACK RADAR... for me those were must haves. Surround View might be over kill, but Back Radar was a must for me.
    Can't say I have any experience with the radio in the Roma but I also ordered the Hi-Fi Stereo and Apple Car Play.
    Figured I might as well add them...

Didn't want any regrets with this purchase.

My Roma should be here sometime in Nov.

7. Mk86

Mk86 Rookie

Sep 1, 2020
    Full Name:
    Moin khan
  8. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Have both the hi powered hifi and carplay n enjoy them both! Good call!

SV

9. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
  10. barthiyo

barthiyo Rookie

Mar 24, 2012
    Pretty critical review with a lot of flawed functional design decisions highlighted here, has anyone had similar issues with their car?

vcappp and llk like this.
  11. ashingo

ashingo Rookie

May 24, 2021
    apple carplay critique is true. it's a major design flaw to not have it on the centre console (hoping against all hope that a software update fixes this). i've specced it on my roma as i need google maps and the stock navigation system on the weekend tester i had was terrible to use.

touch sensitive issues on the steering wheel is OK to live with defo not a deal breaker imo

sd dave likes this.
  12. ashingo

ashingo Rookie

May 24, 2021
    i'm still on waitlist but i specced hifi + apple carplay for my own driving pleasure (i really appreciate a good stereo and i need google maps)
    i'm very on the fence about the passenger display. it's stupidly expensive for what it is but the passenger dash area just looks so empty without it

Matt L likes this.
  13. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Overdone in my opinion.

After the latest software update my own issues went away. Mostly on a daily basis the car requires very few touches or adjustments.

That said, it has a large learning curve. Make sure you spend the time to learn where the functions are and how they work. More time spent learning it is time well spent. None of this is different from the SF 90 as far as I know. And I expect the 296 to be nearly the same. So once you make the generational leap you will be up to speed across the product line.

I don’t expect Ferrari to move CarPlay to the center console tho. Would invalidate too much engineering. For better or worse it is what it is.

SV

RamsHmb likes this.
  14. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
    Fair on some points. The major fix is to select the option to have to hit the pad once to active the steering wheel. Saves all the headaches of mid hit,,,,thanks for the tip Keith

Matt L likes this.
  15. Mickyd329

Mickyd329 Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2019
    Orange County Socal
    Full Name:
    Mike

The standard audio system in Ferrari's are terrible. Reminds me of a Blaunpunkt system in VW's in the 1980's. Upgrade to the JBL system is a must, especially in a GT car like the Roma.

F2003-GA likes this.
  16. colormered

colormered Rookie

Jan 22, 2021
    Full Name:
    Eric Weinraub
    Have had our Roma since Friday and have now put nearly 1000 miles on it after a long and wonderful drive out to Eastern OR and back. Fantastic car. Our Spec

• Vinaccia
    • Yellow calipers
    • Dark rims
    • Dark exhaust
    • Passenger Display
    • Giallo cavalino stitching
    • Sabbia primary stitching
    • two tone leather interior with the primary being chocolate
    • Carbon tunnel
    • Carbon wheel
    • Magnetic ride
    • partial ADAS
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

611LW, pilotresponse, Boots and 7 others like this.
  17. Dadr

Dadr Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2012
    Memphis, TN
    Beautiful spec (interior pics are required )and I cannot agree more the car is quite brilliant. While some glitches have occurred anybody who has spent real time in the car knows it is a winner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Matt L

Matt L Karting

Oct 1, 2020
    UK
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Pleased you think it’s fantastic, especially after 1000 miles! That recent negative review by Throttle House worried me…..
    Collecting mine on the 1st September.
    Can’t wait.

19. colormered

colormered Rookie

Jan 22, 2021
    Full Name:
    Eric Weinraub
    I'm a former race car driver. I've had a lot of sports cars including a prev GT4 and F430. Let me help you with some changes Ferrari implemented AFTER all the feedback from the press cars:

• Only losers use car play (I'm an Android guy)
    • The sensitivity of the track pads has been mostly fixed
    • The reviewer clearly doesn't like the car
    • Automatic shifts to 8th specifically for emissions issues
    • I find some issues with the central pad ... but I like what's on the steering wheel
    So, I think many of those issues have been solved from the review, which I did watch.

Now, my complaint is about how the car corners at speed ... i mean real speed between ... because the car struggles to heat its rears (I am going to get a softer compound for the rears) so the grip at the back is not as good as other cars I've driven. I am also going to investigate changing the rear camber as well.

Matt L likes this.
  20. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Congrats looking good - Is that Grigio Titanio ?

21. dan129007

dan129007 Rookie

Apr 20, 2018
    Florida
    Thanks!!
    You are correct - Grigio Titanio. Came out great - will post more pics after ceramic coating/ film is done. Titanio really worked well with the lines on this car.

Crom and F2003-GA like this.
  22. milannium

milannium Rookie

Nov 21, 2020
    Has anyone figured out where to get all-weather floor mats for a Roma? I tried looking on WeatherTech.com for properly fitting car-specific mats but they don't have them; and there is no such thing sold directly by Ferrari. I was just wondering what anyone that experiences a wet winter is planning to do for waterproof mats come winter (if you plan on driving your Roma during the winter... it's a daily driver, right?)

23. Redneck Slim

Redneck Slim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2011
    Palo Alto,CA,USA
    Full Name:
    Walt Kimball
    WeatherTech eventually made them for my Portofino,and I am sure that they will be available for the Roma. Call or email the company and ask.

milannium likes this.
  24. colormered

colormered Rookie

Jan 22, 2021
    Full Name:
    Eric Weinraub
    I did. No plan so far.

milannium likes this.
  25. Redneck Slim

Redneck Slim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2011
    Palo Alto,CA,USA
    Full Name:
    Walt Kimball
    They ended up making them for all of the Californias and then the Portofino. They look for expected demand. If the Roma sells as well as it should,the mats will be produced. I had to wait many months. Tell WeatherTech that you want them. Ask and ye shall receive (eventually).

milannium likes this.