Classic Car World mourns loss of two important British men | FerrariChat

Classic Car World mourns loss of two important British men

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by Marcel Massini, Aug 23, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    #1 Marcel Massini, Aug 23, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2021
    Adrian Hamilton, 73, the well known UK dealer and son of Duncan Hamilton passed away last week Saturday, after a massive stroke.

Robert Brooks, formerly of Christie's and then founder of Brooks, then Bonhams, passed away this morning after a two year battle with cancer, only in his sixties.

Two wonderful and charming gentlemen, both very important and extremely knowledgeable in the classic car world. May both of you RIP.

Marcel Massini

Oishi, Themaven, Simon and 6 others like this.
  2. mcimino

mcimino Formula 3

Oct 5, 2007
    Long Island, NY
    Sad...makes me think of Scott Stoddard in the movie Grand Prix...
    "Y'know one of the most beautiful things about a car? If it isn't working properly, you can strip the skin off, expose the insides, find out exactly where the trouble is, take out the faulty part and replace it with a new one. If only we could do that with people!"

Lusso123, turbo-joe and christc like this.
  3. Mark Shannon

Mark Shannon Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    Surrey, UK
    The Aston world sadly lost Richard Williams of R.S. Williams fame last week as well.

Lusso123 likes this.
  4. BIRA

BIRA Formula Junior

Jun 15, 2007
    Very sad indeed .

I bought my first Ferrari from Adrian , a GTC/4 . I came to visit him and he said “here are the keys but don’t go too far, or add gasoline into it”. I thought if a dealer trust you so much, you have to trust him! And bought the car on my way back!

And my first Maserati from Robert, a Vignale Spyder, at one of his very first auction under Brooks name. It was an absentee bid, following his guidance. Next morning they called me to inform me I had the winning bid. Then they softly asked whether I would be a seller at some profit. I said no without asking how much they had in mind, and kept the car for almost 20 years,

They were joining an early E type and a Giulia spyder veloce and a BMW 30.csi that I had bought in the mid eighties. This was 30 years ago! Both were lovely to deal with. If everyone in the classic car world would be like them,,we would buy even more cars! We and certainly I will miss them.

Themaven, Jack-the-lad, 375+ and 3 others like this.