FCA - Long Island Chapter - 2021 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

FCA - Long Island Chapter - 2021

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by Labman, Mar 31, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Welcome! Not sure about tomorrow just yet. Forecast is iffy. Do me a favor and shoot me an IM with your info and I will be sure you are added to our members email list.

2. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Our Sunday meet is OFF tomorrow due to the rainy forecast. We will resume next Sunday 7/25

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

3. michaelpnett

michaelpnett Rookie

Jul 23, 2016
    Pm sent

4. michaelpnett

michaelpnett Rookie

Jul 23, 2016
    Is the event off again today?

Labman likes this.
  5. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Rainy forecast so we cancelled. Will try again for 8/1/21

6. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Bagels & Ferraris is ON for tomorrow! 9am -Town Bagel.
    Ferraris only in the corral please.

pchop likes this.
  7. pchop

pchop F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2002
    Usually NY often elsewhere.
    Full Name:
    John
    Were you mad? :p

Labman likes this.
  8. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Furious!!!! ;)

pchop likes this.
  9. 83Mondialqv

83Mondialqv Formula Junior

May 18, 2021
    New York
    Full Name:
    Vito L
    Anyone going to the Annual Fall Italian Vehicle Concorso d'Eleganza Event at stonybrook? Anyone ever been? Just wondering got an email saying it’s back on might go.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Labman likes this.
  10. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Unfortunately it is the same day as our Vineyard rally. It is a nice show though.

11. kevin323

kevin323 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

I’ll be bringing the 328 to Concorso. Nice group of enthusiasts. A few Ferraris but mainly Alfa and Fiats. Nice group of people.Ltd like to see a bigger Ferrari turnout but unfortunately it almost always conflicts with a club event.

Dai Baracca likes this.
  12. djs308

djs308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2002
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    David S.
    I went to the Stonybrook event one time, several years ago. Peter Kalikow's custom blue Enzo was there. Got to sit in it!!

13. 83Mondialqv

83Mondialqv Formula Junior

May 18, 2021
    New York
    Full Name:
    Vito L
    Labman likes this.
  14. Fg430

Fg430 Rookie

Feb 4, 2021
    Full Name:
    Frank Gallo
    Do you have to register for the show beforehand, or can you just bring your car the day of? I tried emailing the contact on the stony Brook website, but no one responded. Looking to bring my F430 spider.

15. kevin323

kevin323 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

I’ve always registered and Josephine gets back. It’s an informal group though and can’t see them having any problem either way

Fg430 likes this.
  16. Ski Bum

Ski Bum Formula 3

Jun 19, 2012
    #42 Ski Bum, Sep 19, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2021
    Greetings from Vail (part 2)!

Thank you to Steve M., John A. and Bob C. for their Facebook posts or texts with pictures from this year's Bridge show. That is a truly fabulous show and one of the things I miss about living in NY. Congratulations to each of you for having cars displayed at the show.

It turns out that there are some cars in Vail too. This weekend was the Vail Automotive Classic. Friday features spectacular vintage automobiles on a supported real world drive around Colorado. At the end of the day, they return to Vail. I confess that I blew it. I thought that all of the cars were then shown on Saturday and Sunday, but many of the cars were transported out of town late Friday after a short display on Friday afternoon that I did not attend. The cars transported away included two (yes, two!) Ferrari 250 GTOs -- real ones. There's always next year.

I'm attempting to post here some pictures of cars that were shown on Saturday and Sunday. Some quick commentary on a few of the cars:

1. The RHD 308 GTB is Classiche certified, and is absolutely gorgeous. The owner has been introducing me to some of the local car guys.

2. The Testarossa is absolutely gorgeous. I've included a placard describing its show history.

3. The older red Porsche is a 1959 356A Carrera 1600GT (alloy body, handbuilt engine, etc - see the placard). I am told that it is worth more than the pictured 918, Carrera GT and 959 combined.

4. The huge old white car with black fenders is an Isotta Fraschini that was owned by Peter Grant (manager of Led Zeppelin, Bad Company, et al).

[additional images will accompany the next post]
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Labman likes this.
  17. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve
    This past Sunday we had our annual vineyard rally to Kontokosta Winery in Greeport. What a fantastic day weather-wise and a record setting turnout for us. 38 cars and 75 people!! If you want a reason to join the FCA, this should be it.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

bball16 and ml65 like this.
  18. Vito

Vito Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    Dutchess County, NY
    Yes, many reasons to join the Ferrari Club of America. Next weekend the Hudson Valley Chapter is off to the Taconic Distillery and then to the Blue Fountain restaurant for luncheon.

Labman likes this.
  19. Ski Bum

Ski Bum Formula 3

Jun 19, 2012
    All is well here. Last weekend we went on a Friday to Sunday trip organized by Ferrari of Denver and the FCA Colorado chapter to Steamboat Springs for the Food and Wine Festival. A great group of people, fun dining and events, and a couple of wonderful drives to and from Steamboat. This area is full of great driving roads. The weather is starting to get colder though so the driving season will probably end by November.

Labman likes this.
  20. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve
    FCA LI Chapter Bagels & Ferraris is ON for tomorrow 11/20. Town Bagel, Plainview 9am. Ferraris only in the corral please!
    Don't want to miss out on our events? Join us today....www.joinferrari.org

21. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Bagels & Ferraris is OFF tomorrow due to many being away for the long holiday weekend.

Also our annual members only holiday luncheon is filled to capacity. Wait list is in effect in case of any cancellations.