Griot's Garage | FerrariChat

Griot's Garage

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by ag512bbi, Aug 28, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
  2. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Have to try several of their products to find something that is great. Cross-check pricing as they usually add a hefty markup. The only product of theirs that I use now is their interior detail and I use it exclusively in the engine bay and frame. Go figure - something for plastic and carpets is the best by far for the engine.

Patek likes this.
  3. ShadowLAP

ShadowLAP Formula Junior

May 15, 2017
    SW Suburbs of Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Lawrence P.
    I love their Leather Rejuvinator. Product. It worked great to soften the leather on my former 360 Spider and I use it on my current 458 Spider after the car sits in the sun with the top down.

4. Zamboniman308

Zamboniman308 Formula Junior

Feb 2, 2020
    Chicago IL
    I don't know how i lived before discovering their speed shine.

whatheheck likes this.
  5. vdm9

vdm9 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 11, 2014
    long island new york
    Full Name:
    vasilios
    3 in 1 ceramic spray wax
    Easy, Fast and looks great

AandSC likes this.
  6. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    I heard their 3 in 1 is EXCELLENT. I will be purchasing that this week.

7. steve moody

steve moody Karting

Apr 27, 2019
    Cape Coral, Florida 33914
    Full Name:
    steve moody
    +1 on the 3 in 1 and leather stuff.
    Tried the ceramic car wash. No suds.

8. Regular Guy 01

Regular Guy 01 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 10, 2011
    Tacoma, WA
    Full Name:
    Eugene Greer
    I live in Tacoma where the flagship store is located and I have been using their products for years.
    If you like the products and if you have the time, you might want to take a weekend and plan a trip up to see the store and people in person.
    They plan many events every month and it really is a destination to visit.
    One of their largest and best events is Caffeine and Gasoline. This is every first Saturday of the month and they al have a theme. I is always a good time and the coffee and donuts can't be beat. You never know what cars might show up in their parking lot......
    I believe this next C&G gathering will be Italian cars. I know where I will be on 9/4. :D

Regards,
    GG

9. AandSC

AandSC Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 12, 2016
    Jax, FL
    Full Name:
    Allen
    Another Griots fan. Love the ceramic 3 in 1 and ceramic speed shine. Super easy to use, looks great and lasts a long time.

Extreme1 likes this.
  10. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    How simple is the procedure building up to using the 3 in 1 ceramic speed shine as a maintenance.
    Did you have to have a ceramic wax on before using 3 in 1?
    Whatever coating my car has on it already, can I spray and wipe the 3-1 over that?

11. AandSC

AandSC Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 12, 2016
    Jax, FL
    Full Name:
    Allen
    My 430 already had a professionally applied ceramic coating so I just applied over that (several coats) and then started using the ceramic speed shine after every drive. Awesome results.

For my other three cars, including my 22 year old Lexus LS400, which had been neglected for a while, I used the Griots synthetic clay pads over regular speed shine to prep the paint (also very easy to use). Once I had a slick surface I put on two coats of the Ceramic 3 in 1, let dry overnight, and then applied the Ceramic speed shine. That was about 8 months ago and the wax is still going strong, although all three are garaged and don’t sit in the weather very often. The three cars are 22, 8 and 7.5 years old and look like new.

ag512bbi likes this.
  12. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Interesting.... thank you.

13. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    I always forget about their events and I'm a lot closer to them than Redmond. Guess I'll be gettin up early Saturday. Don't have to register or anything do you? I didn't see anything on their site. And yeah, speed shine is great and I think I'm almost out. :)

Regular Guy 01 likes this.
  14. Dom

Dom F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 5, 2002
    Griots makes some good stuff. I love the leather rejuvenator. Also recently tried their 3-1 leather cleaner/conditioner/protectant, which also worked nicely. Works on stuff other than car leather too.

15. Regular Guy 01

Silver Subscribed

May 10, 2011
    Tacoma, WA
    Full Name:
    Eugene Greer
    No need to register for their events as it is a "just show up, park and chat with other owners" type of gathering.
    Only issue is when there is a popular theme or better weather the lot fills up quickly and parking ends up on the streets.
    I have heard of people getting there and hour before the start time to ensure a parking spot.
    Hope to see you there as I need to get some more car wash, as I have been out of it. I have been using some smaller travel sized bottles instead of the gallon sized one with the pump head. So much more convenient with the larger size.
    They have also brought in a vendor who custom designs tee shirts for the events and these are fun to have and wear.

GG

16. Jdubbya

Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Yeah I'm not getting anywhere an hour early just to get a good spot. ;) Not a morning person and I work nights so we'll see how early I can get up. I've made it over to E@RTC a few times this summer and that's twice the drive at least for me. But I did it and this should be a fun one so I'll try to get up early enough to be there by 0800 or so and see where I end up parked!!

17. Regular Guy 01

Silver Subscribed

May 10, 2011
    Tacoma, WA
    Full Name:
    Eugene Greer
    I will see you there then.
    Won't be driving my 458 as it is apart but the Ranger p/u will get me there.
    I will be parking in a lot across the street so I don't need to fight for a parking space. Nobody wants to look at a 18 year old 4x4 stock Ranger and I am ok with that!!:D

C you there!
    GG

18. Jdubbya

Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Good lord willing and all that... I'll drive my Granturismo. Supposed to only be a slight chance of rain Saturday so hopefully it'll be a nice day!!

19. Ak Jim

Ak Jim F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 23, 2007
    North Pole AK
    I usually stop by the store once a year or so when I have some extra time in the Seattle area. I like seeing in real life the things I see in their catalog. I've ordered from them many times over the years. Have had only one problem with one of their products. They sent out a replacement the next day even though I had not yet shipped the defective item back yet. If I remember there is basically a lifetime warranty on their orbital buffers also.

ag512bbi likes this.
  20. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    I pulled the trigger and bought some more "stuff" yesterday including there apron so I dont get swirl spray on my shirts :)

21. Ak Jim

Ak Jim F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 23, 2007
    North Pole AK
    When I got the two buffers I practiced on an old Crown Vic that had never been taken care of. The paint basically had no reflection at all. My goal wasn’t to make the car perfect but just get a feel for the whole process. I think it turned out pretty well. I’m sure I could have gotten it a little better but I was happy with what I did/learned. Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Caphill, NbyNW and ag512bbi like this.
  22. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Looking good!

23. 76Steel

76Steel Formula 3

Sep 8, 2007
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I have been using their products for a long while. Everything from clay bars to Speed Shine to waxes. I think their products are excellent.

Rexcat458 likes this.
  24. Flyingbrick242

Flyingbrick242 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 26, 2017
    Northern AZ.
    I use nothing else on my paint/leather treatment/ interior and engine appearance...outstanding products...and the company are true car enthusiast with a passion for car care.
    Will never use anything else.

Rexcat458 and ag512bbi like this.
  25. SMS

SMS F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2004
    Indy
    Full Name:
    Bill S.
    I use several of their products had have the random orbital as well. Here is a plug for the Ultimate Compound. Yellow bottle stuff. I just finished buffing my 24' trailer. It was pretty faded so I bought the Meguires 105 and 205 and did the right side. It took several days working evenings after work and it made a great shine, but man is that stuff hard to get off. Then I decided to try some Griot's Ultimate compound I had on the left side and back door. I figured it would not be aggressive enough but went after it anyway with a course wool pad. Pleasantly surprised, I think with a single pass it did just as good as the other side (except for a couple really bad spots where I went with a course compound then Ulitimate). The UC wiped off like a dream with microfiber towel and the Griot's side was done in maybe 25% of the time spent on the Meguires side.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login