Hamilton deserves more respect | Page 82 | FerrariChat

Hamilton deserves more respect

Discussion in 'F1' started by Natkingcolebasket69, Mar 28, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Absolutely true,
    I remember some Ferrari engineers were amazed that schumacher asked them how they didn’t win the title with a car and an engine like that!

Bas likes this.
  2. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    #2027 jgonzalesm6, Sep 2, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2021
    True but different era's required different work ethics from the drivers. As technology advances, the "work" gets less and less from the drivers.

I will add that Lewis has more brain sensory interaction in the car than say Senna, Schumi, or Vettel due to the technology that comes with the steering wheel functions.

3. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Yes Schumacher era had more technology advances and less work ethics than Clark, Stewart era. Hamilton, Kimi, Alonso are among the few on the grid to win nearly 15 years ago in cars that were less technical. Leclerc, Max, Russell and other young drivers has had the most technological advances.

4. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    Yes, all the different colors of "Rossa" throughout the years, from Burgandy-ish to almost-orange. The Ferrari does have an iconic and standalone color scheme, even with the variations.

jpalmito and jgonzalesm6 like this.
  5. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    stavura, ypsilon, Terra and 2 others like this.
  6. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales

Tommy Hilfiger urban attire??? (Jeeez)

He certainly does'nt conform like the rest of the the current F1 field in attire when entering the track. Yeah, it's different that's for sure and that's probably what he wants to create when it comes to his personal attire.

ricksb and mcimino like this.
  7. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    Ummm... Not really. After Ferrari fired Prost they had Alesi - good but undeveloped, and WAY too emotional, and then a string of poor Italian drivers. Then they got Berger back, and I think they won 2 - 3 races from 93 - 96. The Architect of Ferrari's return to F-1 Champion was Jean Todt. then add in Ross Brawn and Schumacher and Byrne .. that was the secret sauce. Todt was able to take all the blame, and all the pressure - translate what was needed to Montezemolo, and it worked. once the damn was broken it kept on working.... but the credit goes to the combo of Todt, Schumacher and Brawn. I guess Montezemolo gets the ultimate credit of keeping the faith with them.... Hamilton has not done anything like that - other than be able to hone the car to his needs, which is admirable but still not in the league of Schumacher.

SimCity3, Bas, mcimino and 1 other person like this.
  8. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    Senna arrived at McLaren in 88. McLaren won the championship in 84, 85, 86, and again in 88, 89, 90, 91. So yes, With Senna they dominated but Prost and Lauda - and Prost clearly dominated from 84 - 89... 88 was the out year when Senna won. 87 Prost lost to Piquet by 2-3 points.. I'll have to look it up, but it was not a huge difference.

Bas and jgonzalesm6 like this.
  9. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    well, its better than last weekend. I don't know who is giving this kid any advice... but a stylest he needs badly.

Bas likes this.
  10. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    None of the current cars look good--they resemble insects.

jgonzalesm6 and william like this.
  11. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    Wow... I don't think you guys realize the "work ethic" of Clark, Stewart, and Surtees etc... those guys raced 12 months a year. F-1 was only 7-9 races a season max. but they also raced saloons, Stock cars, Indy, sports cars, Rally, etc... F2, F3 and in Stewarts case CAN AM and also did road car development. Dont tell me about today's F-1 drivers work ethic, or effort.

In Clark & Stewart's day, you never knew for sure if you were coming back to the pits alive - at any time. test, race or practice / qualifying. ... you not only needed balls, but your work ethic had to be huge to get in the car and survive.

NONE of todays drivers can hold a candle to Jackie Stewart. if he were able, I'm 100% sure he'd destroy Hamilton in the same machine.

SimCity3, Dino2010, Bas and 2 others like this.
  12. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Yes, Senna didn't built a team around him, nor did he bring dominance to McLaren; he benefited from it.

One could say its Lauda and Prost who made McLaren prominent in F1.

13. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Todt built a winning team at Ferrari with the staff he poached from Benetton: Schumacher, Brawn and Byrne.

Ferrari offered better facilities, but also a bigger cheque book, so there was no hesitation.

14. Dino2010

Dino2010 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2006
    Belgium
    No, they don't.
    Besides that, if you would catch the ideology of the first Silberpfeile, you would understand that painting any racecar of a factory Mercedes team in any color different than silver, is a disgrace to the founders.

15. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Good points, again my point is the Ferrari team was not in shambles as the poster stated. They were 3rd best team before he came. Again, Hamilton, Senna, Clark and other greats don't need to assist in team building as Schumacher did. There are many other ways to be great. They were all great in their own way.

16. fer312t

fer312t Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2010
    The Silberpfeile "ideology" was about unsentimental weight saving, was it not?

Dino2010 and william like this.
  17. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    His target market (e.g. my daughters) love it. They think my simpler attire is 'stodgy and boring'.

18. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    There was no "ideology" behind stripping the white paint from German cars to make them respect the 750kg maximum weight limit that was in force under the Formula Libre of that era.

That was totally improvised as a last minute practical solution.

BTW, What "founders" are you talking about ?

19. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    You're aware that the only reason Ferrari was a recent race winning team was because of a single crazy race, right? Rain affected, Schumacher with a 70 second pitstop, both Williams' DNF.

It's like Lewis moving to Alpine next year and calling it a race winning team, because hey, they won Hungary this year.

jpalmito likes this.
  20. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
  21. gh0st0

gh0st0 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 2, 2018
    Midwest
    I thought his answer was odd when talking about kimi, knowing he didn’t really have much interaction with him

Bas likes this.
  22. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Different days, different answers. :p

That's a tactic many have cultivated to a fine art, politicians in particular.

I use that with the wife; it works a treat.

Does it really matter to most folks ? Not a lot ...

You are really conducting a full investigation on that Hamilton suspect, aren't you ? ;)

23. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

U are reaching here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

24. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    When Alonso retires again maybe Lewis will say the same thing, again:p

I just find it funny how, in the space of a year, he's used the same story for 2 different drivers.

25. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

No, that way he will have honoured 3 people rather than one, had he stuck to his original story. ;)

It's like an obituary, it's good if you can re-use it again and again !!

I think you are in urgent need of a sense of humour transplant. :D