Hamilton Loses His Wingman... | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Hamilton Loses His Wingman...

Discussion in 'F1' started by freshmeat, Sep 7, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    Partially his team’s fault for leaving him out far too long on terrible tires.

2. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    In what world do you live?

3. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    The Mercedes power unit this year is really a step above.
    Its combination performance/ reliability is just remarkable.

stavura, classic308, fil and 2 others like this.
  4. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Not everyone is made of the same cloth. Bottas may have superb mental fortitude. A shame it couldn't be traded in for a few more tenths of pace.

Yes and no....Lewis was pushing way too hard early on in that race. Ferrari, Alonso only pushed later in that stint and where MUCH faster at that point. Should Mclaren have pitted Lewis? Yes. Should Lewis have eased, and perhaps demand a stop? Yes and yes.

5. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Some are just blind not to see this.

Bas likes this.
  6. Wass85

Wass85 Formula Junior

Jul 11, 2021
    Full Name:
    Damon Smith
    Again stop with the lies, Max was beaten in the standings by Ricciardo in 2017, his first season was 2015 so the fact is Max had 2 seasons in F1 before he was bested by Ricciardo.

Hamilton beat Fernando Alonso in his debut season FFS, you really don't have a clue what you're talking about I'm afraid.

7. Dino2010

Dino2010 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2006
    Belgium
    The 2 car per team as a 'rule' is slowly coming to its end. It's been ages ago that it showed any advantages. Since the Schumacher years at Ferrari, well, even at Benetton, it was all about dominating the team mate. Teams still believe that a second driver will help making driver nr. 1 WDC. Good enough to help but not too good to endanger the dominator. Same material, but not the last updates. And if required, your pitstop will just be a bit longer, to make sure you don't get in front. What BS.
    We've come so far that the kids at play need a slipstream instead of courage and driving skills to overtake each other. Well, of course, there's the DRS fraud. F1 is sick. Lately, I 've started watching F1 races of the 60's and the 70's, the times when s*x was fun and racing dangerous. Today, FIA is killing F1.

8. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Why so agressive and rude? You clearly are not a ferrari fan, so you must have some other motivation to be here? This is not an f.1 forum most people would join unless they are tifosi.
    You remind me of someone who was dropped here when Hamilton started, it looks you were waiting for George to have a competitive car to start talking him up!

375+ likes this.
  9. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

Yes it was Team Hamilton at McLaren with mentor and uncle Ron firmly in Ham's corner.

Ham began the slippery tricks in Hungary '07, disobeying team instructions during quali. No penalty for Hamilton.

Alonso then returned the gesture and gets stiffed with a 5 place grid penalty.
    Anthony Hamilton had lobbied the stewards and they obliged.

You don't need binoculars to see the dynamic of working "alongside" the Hamiltons.

stavura, JJ, Bas and 1 other person like this.
  10. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    At that time, he was the Golden boy of F1. Much needed boost by F1 after Schumi retired.

JJ, Bas and SimCity3 like this.
  11. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

The Golden Child no doubt.
    And his sense of entitlement has continued

stavura, classic308, JJ and 1 other person like this.
  12. Wass85

Wass85 Formula Junior

Jul 11, 2021
    Full Name:
    Damon Smith
    Yep team Hamilton when Alonso had all the favoured strategies until Dennis realised Hamilton was more than a match for him.

13. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

Prove it

14. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Alonso situation in McLaren in 2007 was absolutely comparable with Prost situation in the same team when he decided to leave the team for Ferrari in 1989.
    With insights, the way he won this title against Ron Dennis is perhaps his most impressive achievement.

15. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Lolo.lo.lolo, can i also live in fantasy land?

JJ and Bas like this.
  16. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Toil.

Jeronimo GTO likes this.
  17. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Could be a twin brother.....

Bas and 375+ like this.
  18. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Read what I wrote. I know reading is hard sometimes. But do give it a try. It may make life easier for you, not just here, but in the real world as well.

19. Wass85

Wass85 Formula Junior

Jul 11, 2021
    Full Name:
    Damon Smith
    Prove tg
    You clearly didn't read what I wrote, I suggest you do.

20. Wass85

Wass85 Formula Junior

Jul 11, 2021
    Full Name:
    Damon Smith
    What Hamilton did was not against the rules, Alonso clearly broke the rules by blocking Hamilton and preventing him setting a time.

The dynamics changed big time after that incident but problems started arising when Hamilton was prevented from optimising his strategy in Monaco after he was pitted too early.

21. Wass85

Wass85 Formula Junior

Jul 11, 2021
    Full Name:
    Damon Smith
    So we both agree the unbeatable Verstappen was actually defeated by Ricciardo in 2017.

Hamilton defeated Alonso in his rookie season.

These are facts.

22. Wass85

Wass85 Formula Junior

Jul 11, 2021
    Full Name:
    Damon Smith
    I live in reality pal unlike you.

23. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    No problem, here we go:

"Beaten Twice by Ric"

I then retaliate, stating that Max was indeed beaten by Ric, but at the time he was very young. When Max came to race alongside Ric he was indeed only 1 season in F1 and 1 season of actual car racing before it.

For someone that bangs on about ''the facts'' you sure don't grasp the concept of them very well.

And none of these were in dispute.

24. JJ

JJ F1 World Champ

Jan 6, 2010
    PA
    Full Name:
  25. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

The same dynamic of Team Hamilton continued when McLaren asked Button to join. Paddock insiders warned Button not to join. Button did a decent job considering Hamilton was Uncle Ron's boy.

classic308 likes this.