Is Enzo price begins to surpass LaFerrari price? | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Is Enzo price begins to surpass LaFerrari price?

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by Therry, Mar 8, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. futurelegendyyc

Jul 23, 2019
    I am pretty sure the f50 in the auction isnt an original argento f50

2. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Already discussed in the F50 thread some time ago, you are right, it isn't.

3. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    yep its noted in the auction summary

futurelegendyyc and joe sackey like this.
  4. therryzsx

therryzsx Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2011
  5. surprised no one is mentioning the stupid design to use this kind of battery. Perhaps 5 minutes with elon would fix their bad enginerring

6. Karimsaid

Karimsaid Formula Junior
    Regional Sponsor

Oct 2, 2014
    Forget about battery cost (x or y) or individuals’ subjective ranking of the super cars (and by extension their relative values to each other). What matters is what they trade at.
    And, yes, in the UK the Enzo (circa £2.2m) surpassed the LaF (circa £2m) and it here seem to be a convergence (from both ends) to the spider version of the LaF (circa £3m).
    When you compare the three models’ prices 18 months ago vs today that trend is quite clear

7. therryzsx

therryzsx Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2011
    Enzo is legend and icon
    LaFerrari is just another great car

willcrook and Karimsaid like this.
  8. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    They are the same. The LaFerrari is the Enzo from the future. The next halo car will be the LaFerrari from the future. Every new iteration is much better than the last one.

jpalmito likes this.
  9. Karimsaid

Karimsaid Formula Junior
    Regional Sponsor

Oct 2, 2014
    To have an opinion that x(t+1) is better than x(t) for a specific t is valid. To generalise for all t is not an opinion but flawed reasoning. Then authors’ later novel will be better than the previous, same for designs, products, creations of architects, painters, engineering firms, music groups…

joe sackey likes this.
  10. therryzsx

therryzsx Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2011
    nope
    you just compare countach to murcielago and sorry but this is not the same

11. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Well stated.

12. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    I have quite a few kilometers in both cars. In my humble opinion the Enzo is a prettier car but that is where the superiority ends
    The LaF is a better car in every respect. It is faster, handles a lot better -I always found the Enzo front a bit too „loose“ for my taste- the brakes are better and the Enzo gearbox feels dreadful by modern standards.

Again in my opinion the Enzo falls in that difficult gap between classics and modern cars. If it were manual it would be a legend, however it has enough technology to be considered modern compared to an F50 and outdated compared to what’s available now. It is precisely the reason why a Challenge Stradale isn’t trading at a premium to a Scuderia even though it is a rare and incredibly special car

If I was looking for a hypercar that satisfies my nostalgia I d get an F50. To drive though nothing beats the LaF… until it’s successor is launched!

PS the battery replacement cost is on a declining trajectory

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

jpalmito and REALZEUS like this.
  13. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    How could it? When I first drove the F40 I said that it was mental, but it was a mediocre car compared to the new Ferraris. The best Ferrari is the next one!!!

14. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Hmm...so are prices basically inverse of production number? 288 being the least produced and F40 the most among the supercars? Seems to be that way assuming same color, mileage, and condition. 288 in 2019 sold for $3.4m.

15. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    I actually prefer driving the F40 (and the 288 and the F50) to driving an Enzo. The first three hyper Ferraris are analogue, perhaps slow by modern standards but the experience is wonderfully textured and still very sporty.
    All Ferraris with early single clutch F1 gearboxes will be challenged on those grounds. The later ones like the 599 GTO and the Scuderia are good enough to escape this, I wish the Enzo gearshift felt like a 599 GTO shift…I bet Ferrari could update it if they wanted to

plastique999 likes this.
  16. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    Not always, but in this case it is probably true
    The 360 CS is the rarest of the Special V8 series but it is about the same as a Scuderia and cheaper than a Speciale…

17. msn

msn Formula Junior

Jan 22, 2011
    I think it is incorrect to assume that inverse pricing is happening with the F40, as many of you know on here pricing is very opaque and working your way through the fog and transparency has always, and will aways be up for debate.. the recent results on the F40 strengthen the depth and understanding on where these incredible machines are going in price.. and as some will counter on here out liners will alway occur when a special car hits the market... As some on here will already know and are party to the information .. several 288's and F50's have traded over the last 2 years for considerable amounts more than what is perceived as the value.. it's just having knowledge and depth to what is actually trading and to take out all the noise......

18. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Speaking strictly about the Ferrari Supercar Series (288 GTO, F40, F50, Enzo & LaFerrari) production rarity does make for higher values, as might be expected.

BMW.SauberF1Team likes this.