Stephen Mitchell GTO stories | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Stephen Mitchell GTO stories

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by 246tasman, Oct 4, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. llink

llink Karting

Nov 18, 2013
    Northern California
    RIP Stephen.

The clips posted above are really amazing. 4 20-25 year old kids driving and filming 3 GTOs and a California Spyder around Willow Springs raceway and Mullholland Drive in the late 60s/early 70s?

They were truly blessed. Having fun and pushing these awesome cars to the limit, very different to my experience as a 20 year old just 10 years later in 1980. What an awesome way to have fun as you are coming of age. Stephen and his friends clearly had a love for these machines and a nose for what to acquire well in advance of the market.

In those films there’s probably $150M worth of cars in today’s dollars, running around on Mullholland Drive!

donv likes this.
  2. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    RIP I always enjoyed his posts on Instagram.

Nembo1777 likes this.
  3. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    link to his instagram?

4. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    Here.

5. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    I think we all had interesting interactions with him. I actually didn't even know he existed because he was in the French forums and other parts of f chat. I met him because one day I was driving around with his daughter who was a model of mine and she said "oh yeah my dad owned a 250 GTO" and I kind of laughed it off. She called him from the car, he said his username, and then we went back that night I decided to look him up. I think she said this because we were driving around with John AKA yellowEnzo123 and he was talking about when he and I met at the terminal Island race track when he was 18 and had the f40

I remember his daughter texting me photos from the GTO reunion because she got better access than he did so in a weird reverse of fortune she had to introduce him to other owners.

The dinners were fun quite often and you could meet some interesting people. I kind of miss them but towards the end I'd drop on by to see him alone at a table.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

ggjjr, mcimino and 375+ like this.
  6. ArtS

ArtS F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Central NJ
  7. mcimino

mcimino Formula 3

Oct 5, 2007
    Long Island, NY
  8. ggjjr

ggjjr Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2003
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    George
    R.I.P. Stephen. I spoke to him a few times about meeting during the Monterey week, but never could make it work. Always enjoyed his stories.