Hamilton deserves more respect | Page 87 | FerrariChat

Hamilton deserves more respect

Discussion in 'F1' started by Natkingcolebasket69, Mar 28, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

Damon is part of the biased British media machine.

I doubt that Hill believes Max has the skills to park his car on top of a moving Mercedes !

stavura, fil, Picchu88 and 6 others like this.
  2. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Hill is a likeable test driver(son of a legendary father) who was at the right place at the right time to become a WDC.

stavura, fil, SimCity3 and 6 others like this.
  3. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Exactly

stavura, jgonzalesm6 and Bas like this.
  4. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Can we stop with the ''he nearly killed lewis, and he didn't even check'' argument? Incredibly low speed crash, Halo on the car. Lewis trying to reverse the car. Wasn't that long ago when DC and Wurz had an enormous shunt in Melbourne at far higher speeds, Wurz landing on DC's head at speed. No Halo's.

Lets not even get into the argument of Max's supposed ability to calculate in the sausage kerb + speed + angle factor to launch himself exactly on top of Lewis to then kill him with his rear right tyre. That's pretty far fetched in a cartoon world.

F2003-GA, stavura, SimCity3 and 6 others like this.
  5. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    No. We won't stop. A driver can be killed at any speed. One would have thought Hamilton almost killed Max's whole family the way you all were carrying on after Silverstone. This accident could have been worse. Stop being a hater for 3 seconds and be truthful.

Natkingcolebasket69 and Terra like this.
  6. Being out-pointed by 5 (385 to 380) is hardly a legacy tarnisher.

Besides.....that's why there is the WDC and the WCC, remember?

Natkingcolebasket69 and Terra like this.
  7. One cannot be an adjective (asinine for instance).....one can be a noun (ass for instance).

Terra likes this.
  8. gh0st0

gh0st0 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 2, 2018
    Midwest
  9. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    max was on the racing line.
    hamilton was in the pit exit lane and moved over aggressively.
    would exiting the pit exit lane be considered reentry to the racetrack(racing line) and hence an unsafe entry to the racing line?

10. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    How very Senna of him............

11. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ^ but Senna is Hams idol......hmmmm. maybe Damon got it backwards?

12. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    The racing line into T1 is the one which Apexes in T1, Max was no where near this line.

13. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ^ because Ham pushed him out.

14. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    and how can a juror(steward) be allowed when reportedly connected to Ham? read he was on Hams payroll.

15. RobertJRB

RobertJRB Karting

Feb 8, 2012
    What is it you want to hear?

No max didn’t check on lewis. Why would hè as it’s clear Lewis is okey since he is trying to drive away.
    Besides it’s not so safe to go to Lewis since the car could jump back at any moment.

Do you really not see the difference with Silverstone?

stavura, Nortonious and Bas like this.
  16. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    As a more generalized comment I'm getting pretty tired hearing two narratives:

1. Ever since the halo has been introduced every accident that comes anywhere near the driver's compartment is touted as the halo 'saving the driver's life'. While it was 1000% a life saver for Grosjean it can't be that SO many incidents are life threatening since its introduction. Racing cars have run open cockpits for a long time and there have been every number of accidents. While the halo is an advancement on driver safety I truly believe its value is being falsely over-hyped.

2. It seems as though a whole generation of drivers (and I include Hamilton here) like to talk about this driver or that driver threatening their life when in reality few have ever been close to any real situations that could of killed them. Today is a shining example. It was a low speed incident and it would have taken a freak occurrence to cause a fatal injury. Of course in any incident a few cm here or there can drastically change the outcome but even the crash Max had at Silverstone never had him in any real danger. Racing is by its nature risky but there are too many theatrics from the drivers.

17. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    I thought the so-called “pushing” happened going into the second part of the chicane? (Turn 2)

18. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    If there wasn't a halo, I agree there would be much more reason for Max to look and check.

However, we live in an era WITH Halo, the speed was tremendously low, Lewis was busy trying to reverse. So spare me the drama.

Or keep milking it actually, I don't care. You're on mute for a reason:p

Picchu88, Ric and 375+ like this.
  19. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    when Ham left the pit exit lane he pushes max to the left into the green zone.

Bas likes this.
  20. MrF355

MrF355 Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2008
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Kimi
    Hamilton has used this manoeuvre many times before. This time bit him on the ass and took him out of the race.

Max walking off he could see Hamilton was OK no need to go over to him.

Bas likes this.
  21. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe

22. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Drama!? Milking!? Drama? LoooL! Dude their were 3 new threads created targeting Hamilton on the Silverstone incident ! Lol But some how I'm creating drama!! Man you know you should do stand up lol! Yeah you are being hypocritical here. Yeah using mute is for people who can't debate, so I advise you to keep me on mute.

fer312t likes this.
  23. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    What maneuver? Staying on the racing line? If it was Lewis who took the risk instead of abort and landed on Max it would be 5 new threads about it already! Man, you guys flip flop more than a pancake eatery lol!

24. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    #2175 ktu, Sep 12, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2021
    If the drivers in that picture were reversed, haters would have crucified Hamilton already, called for a 20 race suspension, banned him from all future racing events, torture his relatives, poisoned Rosco and created 5 new threads by now.

Nuvolari and fer312t like this.