FORMULA 1 HEINEKEN GRAN PREMIO D'ITALIA 2021 - Monza...RACE....▄▀▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS▄▀▄▀▄▀... | Page 19 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 HEINEKEN GRAN PREMIO D'ITALIA 2021 - Monza...RACE....▄▀▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS▄▀▄▀▄▀...

Discussion in 'F1' started by jgonzalesm6, Sep 12, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    People often confuse being agressive with being dirty. Peterson, Gilles, Mansell, Alesi where probably the most agressive drivers i ever saw on track, yet all of them were amongst the most correct and clean while fighting. Senna and Michael are the opposite, very agressive (maybe not as much, but also much less clean). Max is also very agressive, he always was, and he was a bit dirty in his first years...he was still dirty when he pushed Charles off the track in Austria, but being honest, last 2 years i can't say nothing bad about him, especially this year. he has been himself, very agressive but clean. This accident was as best 50/50, i would say more blame on elton, and no even comparable to Silverstone where it was 100% elton's fault. The Bias from the fIA and it's stewards (i told before the race that having Gary Conelly on board meant trouble for Max) is so blatant that makes me sick.

Jakuzzi, stavura, Nortonious and 6 others like this.
  2. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    He should have given him the midle finger!

3. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    +1

This was a case of 2 drivers that never give an inch...not giving an inch. Most racing drivers (ex F1 or other series) seemed to all say the same thing: Racing accident. Neither driver was fully to blame one way or another. Lewis should've given space, Max could've bounced over the kerbs.

The penalty (and reason for penalty as explained by stewards), baffles me. You are right on Connelly. Again doing Mercedes' dirty work. Who can forget him lobbying the stewards to give Max a penalty after all as it would help Lewis in Suzuka?

Jakuzzi and Nortonious like this.
  4. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    I think so mate, he had that killer look that I think has been missing .... and that youtube video of Max and Dan , they seem to be good friends :)

Bas likes this.
  5. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    Bloody hell mate you make me LOL :D:D

Bas likes this.
  6. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    Joe Bauer is the one that scares me ..... anti-Ferrari all the way ... bargeboards/Ron Dennis/Malaysia/last millenium

fil and Bas like this.
  7. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    :D
    Ala Russell to Bottas.

stavura, Nortonious and furoni like this.
  8. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    So, so far this season, Ham and Max have had two collisions. In both cases, one of them needed medical attention. In both cases, they were saved by a combination of mega technology and Lady Luck. Sooner or later, Lady Luck will decide not to turn up and it will end very badly. They both need to get a grip and stop trying to justify poor on track behaviour. This, I believe is the reason that the stewards keep giving out penalties in the hope that they will change. They need to calm things down and remember they aren’t immortal.

jgonzalesm6 and Ferrari 308 GTB like this.
  9. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Daniel Ricciardo
    #3 McLaren MCL35M

Started 2nd
    1 stop
    Finished 1st
    Given his near dead-heat with Norris in Friday evening qualifying he keeps the maximum. Channelled his frustration at that result wonderfully for the rest of the weekend – charging off the line to take advantage of Hamilton’s poor start in the sprint and edge clear of Norris. Decisively beat Verstappen off the GP grid, then didn’t put a foot wrong. Controlled his pace and raised it when required.

Autosport rating

Reader average rating

subirg and Bas like this.
  10. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    @ktu

straight up looking at him while he was reversing btw. Lewis is literally trying to reverse the car and the engine is still on, he's obviously okay and when the car is live Max should DEFINITELY not get close to it.

stavura, crinoid, Bas and 2 others like this.
  11. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Wow he looks so concerned! look at his body language! woah! Max is a compassionate guy! I bet he called Hamilton several times already out of concern with his neck! LOL!

12. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    I’ll be sending flowers to lulu on Max’s behalf. Just to stop all this crap. It’s stupid now.

stavura, furoni, fil and 3 others like this.
  13. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    He clearly saw Hambone spinning his wheels trying to get out of the mess of his own making.

That's racing.

stavura, classic308, Picchu88 and 3 others like this.
  14. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    That would've been EPIC
    Case closed!

Yeah. Since the summer break he's stepped up his game and he's looking more like the Ric we know and love, and the drivers fear. Max and Ric seem genuine friends outside the paddock. Outside of F1 cameras you see plenty of them hanging out together.

There's a few questionable characters in the steward room. Bauer, Connelly, Pirro for starters. I've seen plenty of professional racing drivers come to the same conclusion di Resta and Brundle did: Max not at fault, Lewis could've given room. Racing incident. The penalty that both are out should've been it.

stavura, moretti, JL350 and 1 other person like this.
  15. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Orange tulips?

16. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    +1 that says it all.

Nortonious and Bas like this.
  17. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Now you're being melodramatic. I was in favor of Max showing some concern for Lewis......which Max clearly has.

This issue is closed.

18. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Nortonious, absostone and jgonzalesm6 like this.
  19. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Lol, i see you want to feel good about Max checking on Lewis instead of the big picture of Max causing the accident by poor decision making, go right ahead.

20. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

lagunacc likes this.
  21. trumpet77

trumpet77 Formula 3

Jun 13, 2011
    Great Neck, NY
    Full Name:
    Robert Nixon
    I was surprised to learn that yesterday's awesome McLaren 1-2 is the FIRST 1-2 of the season, Red Bull and Mercedes haven't accomplished it!

Not to ponder all the woulda-coulda-shoulda variations, but dang, we've seen some passes in the Curva Grande, Max on warmer tires might have just let that one go and passed into the next chicane, but then again they might have had an incident there, like many others.

Stroll was given a warning for his not slowing under yellow.

Also wondering if the Mazepin VSC helped keep the top 6 in order at the end?

And, with so many cars just following and not passing even with DRS, it was still a pretty fun race to watch.

The VER/HAM incident seems to come down to which driver you like the most, I'd vote for Max in this battle, I think he was still on the track (2 wheels inside the line, which unfortunately puts two wheels on the sausage curb) and that HAM did not leave him a cars width at the apex of turn 2, although I guess the "Cars width" rule doesn't apply on the corners. Either way, there is more than one single line thru turn 2, so he could have given space.

Oh, and in addition to the terrible pit stop of 11+ for Max, Lewis' 4+ second stop put them right literally on top of each other. Apparently Mercedes only pitted HAM when they saw how bad Max' stop was.

Giallo 550 likes this.
  22. Giallo 550

Giallo 550 Formula 3

May 25, 2019
    NY
    Full Name:
    Jim
    :rolleyes:

Jeronimo GTO and jgonzalesm6 like this.
  23. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    For me MV could have AND should have shown some compassion for a fellow racing driver who could / might have been seriously hurt......he didnt know that at the time of stomping off in a huff.

If that was me i would have shown him the OK signal, (not a thumb as that could have been misinterpreted) that would have been an acceptable recognition of him showing concern. Forget what LH did at Silverstone, this is in the immediate aftermath of a potentially serious racing accident, not hours later.

Its a good job these guys werent around when some drivers risked their lives to save others in need of help. ie Lauda, Senna. I think they call this chivalary in my day.

As for who was at fault, clearly Verstappen. Not many can get a past at that part of the track without one conceding position and going over the run off area.

Giallo 550 likes this.
  24. Giallo 550

Giallo 550 Formula 3

May 25, 2019
    NY
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Solid analysis. In my estimation, it was a racing incident. Hamilton could have left a little more room and Verstappen might be characterized as overly aggressive.

375+ likes this.
  25. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    +33

Giallo 550, lagunacc and Jeronimo GTO like this.