FORMULA 1 HEINEKEN GRAN PREMIO D'ITALIA 2021 - Monza...RACE....▄▀▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS▄▀▄▀▄▀... | Page 20 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 HEINEKEN GRAN PREMIO D'ITALIA 2021 - Monza...RACE....▄▀▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS▄▀▄▀▄▀...

Discussion in 'F1' started by jgonzalesm6, Sep 12, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    Blaming Max for not checking on Ham is weak. He had no idea his car had literally bounced off Hams head. All he could see was Ham trying to back out (unsuccessfully). In the heat of the moment it’s impossible to be as informed as we can here in the peanut gallery 24 hrs after the race. Get over it.

JJ, stavura, lagunacc and 12 others like this.
  2. JL350

JL350 Karting

Jan 20, 2013
    Hamilton was quite clearly trying to reverse out from under Maxes car, someone who wasn’t okay would likely struggle to get reverse let alone try to rejoin the race. Just saying.

stavura, lagunacc, F2003-GA and 5 others like this.
  3. itschris

itschris Formula 3

Sep 15, 2011
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris
    You can talk, debate, even argue all day long about who was in the wrong between the Lewis and Max. I certainly have my feelings about it and the penalty... but to me it just all feeds the narrative that I believe is in place. I mean when even guys like di Resta and Brundle vacillate and can't even bring themselves to point the finger at Max that says something. No one is ever really going to flat out blame Lewis... not two races where a WDC changing incident took place. That's never going to happen and for me, at this point... its just the way it is and I'm somewhat over it all and have learned to accept these things.

However, to me there is one true disgrace in all of this and that's Damon Hill... twice suggesting that Max deliberately took out Hamilton to not lose the race. He tried to cover pathetically, but his intent was clear and I find it all seriously disgusting and even damaging to the sport... I really do. I wish more backlash would head his way. He has no business speaking about F1 anymore. I think it's time to take those opportunities to speak away from certain pundits like him. JV is another I could do without hearing from.

The biggest shame from all of this is that Ric's win is somewhat being overshadowed. Those of you who know me, know that I'm not a fan of his at all, but I certainly won't deny that he had a fantastic race on merit and it was good to see him up there with a well deserved win. I don't know if Max had a bad start or if Ric just ripped the tires off, but that was some true racecraft from him to take that lead, defend it, keep it, and even pull away. To see McLaren back on the podium like that was the best for me. You have to give so much credit to Zac for turning that ship around. Also, big kudos to Lando for understanding the team game and not pushing to the issue with the 1-2. It shows that he's got the right head on his shoulders at this stage of career. That kid is absolutely fearless. Hopefully the new car design doesn't derail their success and we see more to come.

stavura, lagunacc, Giallo 550 and 3 others like this.
  4. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    +1 Damon's comments absolute bollocks.

5. trumpet77

trumpet77 Formula 3

Jun 13, 2011
    Great Neck, NY
    Full Name:
    Robert Nixon
    Wow, read the link from 375+ above, and Lewis makes it sound like up until NOW that the drivers have had NO CLUE what the rules are about driving with each other! He points out that he'd not had these problems before....uh, several this year, with Rosberg in Spain, etc etc. He seems to forget that the stewards saying it was "predominately" Max' fault also means it was at least a little bit Lewis' fault too. Two drivers/cars just can't occupy the same space at the same time.

“This will continue until we have to learn from our scenarios on track, and I don't have a history of these incidents,” he said. “Ultimately, when you get away with things like that, then it's easy just to continue to do it.” Lewis Hamilton, 2021

Bas and sammysaber like this.
  6. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Oh the hypocrisy!!! Give it a rest Lewis....pkease.

stavura, Bas, Picchu88 and 2 others like this.
  7. itschris

itschris Formula 3

Sep 15, 2011
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Lewis and his circle talk as if he didn't cause the crash at Silverstone. It's odd. I just believe he's in this echo chamber and may not even be capable of fair or balanced thought. I certainly saw that Max was along side Lewis so i don't understand that comment from the stewards... at all. I think he was far more entitled to fight for that space... as both Brundle and di Resta noted.... than Lewis was in Silverstone. Different sure... but some parallels are there to be made.

Either way, Max shouldn't have been there because of the botched stop and Lewis shouldn't have been there for the same reason. I'm just glad both are okay and that WDC wasn't affected.

stavura, Bas, jcurry and 2 others like this.
  8. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Why is Damon Hill talking rubbish?

Max was totally in the wrong, bad positioning. He has to learn every point on the board counts, he may rue the day he lost valuable points for basically being petulant.

9. itschris

itschris Formula 3

Sep 15, 2011
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Forget fault of the accident... for Damon to suggest .. twice... that it was deliberate... that Max planned to take out Lewis because he "knew" if he didn't, Lewis would win the race... that's beyond the pale.

stavura, Bas, lagunacc and 2 others like this.
  10. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    I nearly spit out my drink when he said that yesterday. I don't know if Damon drew the short straw and had to utter that nonsense dreamt up by some SkySports hype-mongering producer, or if those were actually Damon's genuine thoughts. Ridiculous regardless.

lagunacc and 375+ like this.
  11. sammysaber

sammysaber Formula Junior

Dec 21, 2011
    Yes indeed very out of character for Hill - usually extremely reserved and chooses his words carefully.

With the title protagonists out and safe, what a great race to watch - F1 has always had racing down the grid, but it's something else seeing three or four cars all racing for the win.

Lando's attitude was amazing.

Shame Kimi wasn't there as no doubt he would have been given a warm send off in his final season.

And Albon must have been relieved that RB didn't appeal, otherwise he would be spending the next four days getting driven over by Max to justify their case :D

Best,
    Sammy

stavura and Bas like this.
  12. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    Totally? Even the arguably biased stewards only used the word "predominantly" indicating at least some fault for ham.

Personally, I'm inclined to agree with Brundle's immediate words on the incident (first replay) when he stated, "Max did nothing wrong there."

stavura, Bas, lagunacc and 2 others like this.
  13. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    With two hotheads in the same part of the track, especially there, it was inevitable the crash was going to happen. Personally I think MV thought he could barge his way through as he normally does but once his rear wheel rode over LH rear wheel then an air-bourne journey was on the cards.

I dont see anything controversial amount his remarks, its an opinion in which he could be right. He has had experience of a similar fate down under so he does have some authority on this subject.

14. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    I personally dont agree with most of what Brundle says, he is rather biased imo. if MV did nothing wrong why the penalty for the next race. It was a dumb move by MV, totally to blame

ktu likes this.
  15. Giallo 550

Giallo 550 Formula 3

May 25, 2019
    NY
    Full Name:
    Jim
    JJ, stavura, classic308 and 1 other person like this.
  16. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    What did Lewis do wrong?

17. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    Happy to discuss, but I'll leave you to your homework from the other thread: Proving your claim Max has more penalties in 5 F1 seasons than Ham in 14.

Bas likes this.
  18. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

The dithering dancing girls of LH and Max do not matter. Move on

This matters lol - https://www.espn.com/f1/story/_/id/32201859/daniel-ricciardo-first-overwhelmed-winning

Daniel Ricciardo: First time I've been overwhelmed by winning

Daniel Ricciardo said the "speed bumps" he encountered in his first half year with McLaren made victory at the Italian Grand Prix all the more emotional.

Ricciardo joined McLaren this season but, against most preseason expectations, struggled to match his younger and less accomplished teammate Lando Norris in the build-up to F1's summer break.

The Australian driver excelled at Monza, qualifying second and beating Max Verstappen off the line to lead into Turn 1. He overcame a mid-race Safety Car period to claim his eighth career victory, his first since the 2018 Monaco Grand Prix.

"I don't think it's actually sunk in yet," Ricciardo said on Sunday evening. "It's actually probably the first time I've been overwhelmed by winning. I think as well it's been over three years or something.

Clive Mason - Formula 1/Formula 1 via Getty Images
    "Not that this affects me but... I just know that no one would have predicted this, this year especially after the first half of the year. It's easy to lose confidence and lose your way. I think that's just when perspective and everything comes to fruition and knowing deep within yourself that it can happen and just never doubt yourself.

"I think if you truly love something and believe in it, never doubt yourself. Some of the speed bumps along the way make moments like this even sweeter."

It was also McLaren's first since the 2012 Brazilian Grand Prix, ending a wait of 3,213 days.

Norris made it a perfect day for McLaren, finishing second - the team's first one-two finish since the 2010 Canadian Grand Prix.

"I think it's incredible," Norris said. "The main thing it means to me is our result as a team, whether I'm second third or first it's that 1-2 for the team, securing maximum point. It's such a cool feeling, to be part of this, a bit lost for words in a way.

Giallo 550 likes this.
  19. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Bas and lagunacc like this.
  20. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    Right - I'm bailing out of this thread. It's been done to death. Congrats to McLaren for max points on an amazing day for the team.

Re the 'other incident':
    - The Maxettes will say Ham is the evil one and needs to be publicly stoned.
    - The Hamboners will say Max is the evil one and needs to be publicly stoned.

The reality is that they both need to sort themselves out and grow a pair. Behaving like kids doesn't help either of them.

stavura, Bas, Nortonious and 2 others like this.
  21. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Not in either camp as most drivers are ********** although i will draw a line at Lauda, Webber and Ricciardo
    More aligned to the SF team but pleased a great team like Mclaren won yesterday. They deserved it

DF1 likes this.
  22. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Don't try to derail the topic. What did Lewis do wrong?

23. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Max was NOT 100% in the wrong, more like 70%-80% in the wrong.