Ferrari 400 resurrection | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Ferrari 400 resurrection

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by NavFerrari, Jun 13, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Al Campbell

Al Campbell Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 22, 2013
    Australia
    It's coming along nicely.
    But why the switch to copper brake lines?
    Unless you have proof of the exact alloy composition of these they are hard to get through registration inspections in a lot of countries.

2. NavFerrari

NavFerrari Rookie

Mar 23, 2021
    Aberdeenshire
    Full Name:
    Navin.Aziz
    Hi Al,
    Thanks for the pointer mate.I didn’t know about this .I had used copper pipe for other cars and they performed alright and the MOT never picked up on any of the other cars.
    So naturally assumed they would be okay for this as well.Do you recommend that I change these pipes mate?
    Thanks
    Regards
    Navin

3. NavFerrari

NavFerrari Rookie

Mar 23, 2021
    Aberdeenshire
    Full Name:
    Navin.Aziz
  4. Al Campbell

Al Campbell Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 22, 2013
    Australia
    I'm not sure on the rules where you live but in Australia it is illegal to use copper brake lines as they work harden with the cycling of pressure in the pipe and crack.
    Some copper/nickel alloy pipes are legal but trying to prove what pipes have been used to inspectors is sometimes troublesome so most people steer clear of the copper lines.
    For ease of mind I would probably swap out any copper alloy ones for silver bundy tube in places that would be hard to change later on when everything has been reinstalled.

Cheers Al

5. Tojo

Tojo Formula Junior

Apr 12, 2002
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Tim
    G'day mate, you're going great guns with the car! Try GT carports in Phoenix for a water pump. Also check out photos on FB for a company in Sydney called All Aluminium Welding. I've seen them weld up Ferrari blocks that have thrown rods or been dropped on flanges and busted. Every chance they could weld your pump for you. Cheers, Tim

NavFerrari likes this.
  6. 360modena2003

360modena2003 Formula 3

Jul 11, 2009
    Hello, how is this restoration going? I will soon embark on a similar journey.