Floor mats for '91 TR | FerrariChat

Floor mats for '91 TR

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by TR91, Sep 14, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TR91

TR91 Karting

Mar 8, 2008
    Scottsdale, AZ
    I want to purchase new floor mats for a 1991 TR, but there oddly seem to be different shape configurations from what I've seen on the market. A fellow club member had offered me a good deal on new mats, which did not fit my car, possible because he purchased them for a 512TR. I am including an image of my driver's side mat, and images of a pair of mats for sale online. If you have any information, or know of a reliable vendor, please let me know. PS my driver's side mat is 28 inches in length. Thanks!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. awatkins

awatkins Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2005
    SFO Peninsula
    Full Name:
    Alan Watkins
    Steve Magnusson likes this.
  3. TR91

TR91 Karting

Mar 8, 2008
    Scottsdale, AZ
  4. TR91

TR91 Karting

Mar 8, 2008
    Scottsdale, AZ
    They cannot do Ferrari logos because of trademark restrictions.

5. awatkins

awatkins Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2005
    SFO Peninsula
    Full Name:
    Alan Watkins
    Regarding the Mrfiat matts, three of the four photos on their site are clearly wrong. The last one looks correct.

6. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    You don't need yet another "Ferrari" on it -- it has plenty already ;). I've been pleased with my plain black Lloyd mats.

turbo-joe likes this.
  7. TR91

TR91 Karting

Mar 8, 2008
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Worth considering. Thanks.

8. qwazipsycho

qwazipsycho Formula 3

Oct 30, 2004
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Aren't you worried someone looking at the floor in your car isn't going to know what kind of car it is? LOL!

9. EZORED

EZORED Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 24, 2007
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    Joe, I put custom Coco Mats in my 512 tr. www.cocomats.com order a set and they will send you paper to make a template for you car. I totally took out the carpet and the floor mats in my car and just used the cocomats as they are thicker. Then I can always put the carpet in for a show.

They are very durable and easy to maintain

Veedub00 likes this.
  10. pce01

pce01 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2013
    Rochester, NY/Tampa
    Full Name:
    Peter
    When I bought my 512TR, it had aftermarket ill-fitting carpet, and I wanted to replace it with original-type carpet with heel pads, etc. It was very difficult to find replacement carpets in the correct color and with heel pads. Unbelievably, after searching for awhile, I found on (ebay) a set of new old stock, OEM 512TR front carpet, never installed in a car, with the correct part number and color for my car.

Of course, I didn't want to use that set daily, so I went the route of Dennis by ordering a set of custom fit Cocomats. As Dennis mentioned, the Cocomat folks will send you a template that you cut to the exact size to fit your car. Be very careful to take into account the difference in thickness of the Cocomats (vs. stock carpet), and provide for things like seat bases, slide handles, velcro locations, etc. when you cut the template.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

EZORED likes this.
  11. S cars

S cars Rookie

Jan 23, 2009
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Robert Burgess
    I'd like to order some Lloyd's mats for my 1987 Testarossa (had them in my Porsche and they were great) but I'm not sure what colour to order. My carpets are Bruciato (Colour Code 85) which looks Tan to me. The Lloyd's website has a few options; Saddle, Dark Tan, Parchment and Light Tan. Dark Tan looks the closest but it's hard to tell from the website. Does anyone have Tan coloured Lloyd's mat's in there TR?

12. JLF

JLF Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2009
    I just emailed them for some samples and they sent me three different hues of reds in a couple days. Was no problem.

13. EZORED

EZORED Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 24, 2007
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    Try the coco mats and just store you factory mats. If you plan on driving the car on a regular basis, you will really appreciate the livability of them. They have a tan/chocolate version that would look great in cars with the tan carpets.

14. S cars

S cars Rookie

Jan 23, 2009
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Robert Burgess
    I ordered the carpet samples from Lloyds and decided on the Lux mat in the Saddle colour. I'm really happy with the colour match and quality of the mat, hopefully I can get around to posting pictures soon.

15. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    I had Nick Forza/Westwind trading make my mats for the TR. I sourced OEM rubber pads and did the horse and logo in as an emboss to make it look less 'tacky' (personal opinion).

My OEM tan mats are kept in storage. Personally I like the black matt/tan border combination over the standard tan...and swapping back to OEM takes less then 30 seconds for the purists who get palpitations (same with my OEM 512M knob for the OEM black plastic knob...yes I fixed its centering since this photo was taken)

Attached Files:

Elberoth and EZORED like this.
  16. rumen1

rumen1 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 23, 2012
    Bulgaria
  17. Jroe550

Jroe550 Karting

Sep 10, 2015
    Austria
    Full Name: