Considering buying Cali '10 any advice? | FerrariChat

Considering buying Cali '10 any advice?

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by Mr.F, Sep 14, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mr.F

Mr.F Rookie

Sep 14, 2021
    Full Name:
    Bergerson
    Hi , after hardwork i finally decided to fill one of my bucketlist and getting a ferrari cali '10
    it has 10k mileage, low market price compared to others, but seemed to have some issues with it.
    The showroom told me that there's a problem regarding the care hence the low market price.
    Bellow is the list of the problems :
    1. Parking brake error ( actuator & calubration )
    2. Gearbox failure ( app_synchro 5 & 7, CCP Kit, paddle shift )
    3. Abnormal RPM (not according to the instructions)
    4. Blur on Display andd NIT .
    5. Wiper kec. 1 & 2 not functioning, washer not functioning.
    6. Front parking censor bracket broken.
    7. Wiper blade torned.
    8. Front & Rear shock absorber leak.
    9. Engine mounting hard & dropped.
    10. Robert bushing exhaust cracked & released.
    11. Tyre 2016, TPMS not calibration.
    12. R/L Door abnormal sound when closing.
    13. No FIN Rear diffuser .

Aside from all the repairs needed, the leather interior seems to be clean and showing barely any scuffs .
    In my country the ferrari price averages around $170k usd but this car is selling around $130k usd maybe i can still negotiate a little bit down..

My question is if i repair it arround 20-30 grand will it run normal like a proper ferrari should and how long will it last.

Any advice from senior ferraris?
    Thankyou.

2. SLViper1

SLViper1 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2014
    Nashville/Destin
    Full Name:
    Steve
    How does a car have that many expensive issues in 10 K miles? I would find a better example to buy

Mr.F likes this.
  3. Mr.F

Mr.F Rookie

Sep 14, 2021
    Full Name:
    Bergerson
    Seems that the last guy using was outside any a reputable service centre .. after using it for 10k miles he finally decides to sell sir

4. russellmcg

russellmcg Formula Junior
    Owner

Aug 3, 2014
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Russell McGuire
    If it was me, I don't think I would find a different one to purchase. Unfortunately, while it might seem like a good price, they can often get expensive quickly when things go wrong with these cars. Not only that, but the headache it would cause getting a car fixed, and the fear I would have of something going wrong with it would take away from the joy of driving it.

To each his own, but that is my thoughts on it. Also, at 10k miles, I would think it should not have near that many issues, but I am by no means a mechanic.

Best of luck!

Mr.F likes this.
  5. vjd3

vjd3 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Vic
    I would never buy that car ... it will be nothing but headaches and it's obviously been neglected. The saying "the cheapest Ferrari you can buy will wind up being the most expensive" is absolutely true.

Mr.F likes this.
  6. Snewton94024

Snewton94024 Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2015
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Steve Newton
    The gearbox “failure” alone could cost $25k or more.
    Where did you get the 20-30k number to fix these items?
    I can’t imagine how that is possible.

Mr.F likes this.
  7. rossodino

rossodino Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2007
    corona del mar, ca.
    Full Name:
    bruce sansone
    Talk about a laundry list of problems, hard to believe it has only 10k miles it sounds like 110k, I would Run not walk away from that car!

Mr.F likes this.
  8. Bill Phillips

Bill Phillips Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2019
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    Bill
    $130k for a 2010 that needs a major overhaul? I’ll sell you my pristine, trouble free 2013 for the $175k you’d have to lay out on that one...

Mr.F likes this.
  9. Mr.F

Mr.F Rookie

Sep 14, 2021
    Full Name:
    Bergerson
    i see thankyou for your insight sir, really appreciate it... yeah i guess not to mention the money dripping down from my purse

I saw you one of the forums... your quite active thankyou so much for your insight sir... appreciate it

Yeah your right.. one of the dealer's attendees that i had a quickchat with sir.. but since u mentioned it i also decided to step down as my fear that the car might never be driven as good as it was..

Yeah i guess from all the replies in this thread i really having doubts of whether to buy or not and now all is cleared... Thankyou sir

HAHAHAHAHAHA... Guess that's a good bargain sir! Thankyou for the reply

russellmcg likes this.
  10. John McBride

John McBride Rookie

Dec 11, 2019
    Full Name:
    John McBride