Ferrari ROMA | Page 182 | FerrariChat

Ferrari ROMA

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by ajr550, Feb 7, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Florida Joe

Florida Joe Karting

Jul 28, 2005
    South Florida
    I placed my order in October 2020 for a PF-M. The dealer required $20K at ordering. Went status green on June 29th. No update since.

2. blu308qv

blu308qv Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2008
    Florida
    I pick up my Roma on Saturday. Such a long wait. Ordered in July of last year. Can’t wait to post some pics here on Saturday.

Mickyd329, Soleith, Crom and 2 others like this.
  3. Georgieynwa

Georgieynwa Rookie

Sep 23, 2021
    Full Name:
    George madi
    Hi everyone

I’m buying a ferrari Roma, but I’m lost between the blu Abu Dhabi or rosso mugello.I live in dubai so it’s sunny all the time and a lively color will suit.I hv also looked at the rosso fioriano but it costs around $12k as an option. What do you guys think? Thanks

4. mhh

mhh F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2004
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark
    elmadi, Metabeast, AgeRebel and 11 others like this.
  5. blu308qv

blu308qv Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2008
    Florida
    Nice looking build, congrats. One more day for me to pick up mine.

Phoenixmontreal likes this.
  6. Soleith

Soleith Karting

Dec 30, 2020
    Surrey, UK
    Stunning!

7. clockem

clockem Formula 3

May 18, 2009
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Gary
    If you want your car to stand out with all the days of sun go with blue Abu Dubai. It’s metallic and my dealer recently had one you won’t be disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

jumpinjohn likes this.
  8. dk3

dk3 Karting

Dec 28, 2020
    Full Name:
    D K
    This was a very helpful explanation, especially for first-timers. Thank you!

FerrariFan10 likes this.
  9. dk3

dk3 Karting

Dec 28, 2020
    Full Name:
    D K
    I was debating between the Blu Abu Dhabi and Rosso Corsa and eventually decided to go Rosso because I was able to see the color several times.
    Blu Abu Dhabi was very difficult to see in person, let alone in a Roma.
    were you able to see it with your dealer? Is the color more eye-popping than in pictures?

10. clockem

clockem Formula 3

May 18, 2009
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Color is much more eye popping than pictures. Has a lot of metallic flake in it. It has just a "hint" of green but 90% lighter blue than TDF.

11. dk3

dk3 Karting

Dec 28, 2020
    Full Name:
    D K
    Do you happen to have a photo of the Roma in Abu Dhabi?

12. Patron4

Patron4 Rookie

Sep 19, 2021
    Full Name:
    Ronsard Daniel
    Hello— Need some help. Looking to place an order for 2022 Roma— my first Ferrari. I’m torn between Rossi Mugello (cuoio interior) and Grigio Titanio (Bordeaux interior). I would appreciate any suggestions on MUST have options you all think I need. I have no plans on “tracking” the car and will likely only be driving it on special occasion with the wife. Appreciate any advice or suggestions. Thanks in advance.

13. JHNurse

JHNurse Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 1, 2021
    Wyoming
    Full Name:
    Andy King
    Congrats! Beautiful spec!

Andy

14. tommd

tommd Rookie

Dec 24, 2004
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    I just put a Roma on order. The pricing of one option doesn't make sense. Ventilated seats are priced at $7,762. My impression is that this price was set to include both ventilation and full electric seats and when full electric became standard in the US, the price didn't change. I did a fairly high end build, but I can't bring myself to pay the price for ventilated seats.

Does anyone have any insights or advice? I look forward to joining the club after long Porsche 911 ownership. The Roma seems to be on a whole different level.

Tom

15. rob5819

rob5819 Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2017
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Rob Barry
    My order for a Portofino M has: "VENTILATED FULL ELECTRIC SEATS RSFV 7,762." That was March of this year, still waiting for an allocation, hoping prices don't increase dramatically with the new model year.

Rob

16. JHNurse

JHNurse Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 1, 2021
    Wyoming
    Full Name:
    Andy King
    Tom,

My Roma build has the RSFE build code for the full electric seats, at no additional cost. I believe that those seats have seat heating built in as well.

As of the 2021 build sheet, the upgrade to the RSFV seats was an additional $7,762, as you said. The only thing that money buys you is the ventilation feature, which includes the blowers and ventilation required to make that happen. It's significantly more complicated than the embedded seat heaters, which don't require that. Of course, the seats also have to have the perforated leather to accommodate the ability to ventilate the occupant.

It didn't make sense to me to add that since I live in the Mountain West.

Andy

17. watt

watt Formula 3

Jun 17, 2004
    Northern Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Giuseppe T Hemingway
    I love it. Quick and good looking. Couple runs in the Wild West, only 3600 rpm at 154 mph, a great desert runner.
    I only wish racing seats had been possible.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Mickyd329 and 008 like this.
  18. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

My wife fell in love with Blu Abu Dhabi when we ordered our 812. I was very nervous about the selection having only seen a paint sample.

It is absolutely stunning. Changes in various lighting and unusual also.

Mugello is nice but you can’t go wrong with Abu Dhabi.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Maggio23 likes this.
  19. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    Pics don’t do it justice IMO…

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

20. milannium

milannium Rookie

Nov 21, 2020
    #4546 milannium, Sep 26, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2021
    So guys, I have been driving my Roma every day for the last 6 months; As I mentioned the other day, it has about 10,500km on it... but man, I am just finding that I have to take it back to the dealer monthly to fix something or the other... mostly just weird electrical stuff. For example, today it is a warning that the left rear indicator/brake lights are malfunctioning, which disables ACC. Restarting the car fixes it. On a previous occasion it was that the horns were almost silent (horn replacement required). And of course, the usual software-update issues (but last one that doesn't bother me at all). A small pump inside the rear of the car failed because it got wet. Loose rear bumper. Jiggling column for seatbelt making an annoying sound while driving ... I enjoy this car, but it's my first Ferrari and I have never had this much consistent trouble with a new car. Is it par for the course for Ferraris to have some sort of issue all the time? Or is it just me? ... If it's just me, anyone looking for a fully loaded and temperamental Roma so I can get a (possibly more reliable) manual GT3 Touring instead ?! (kinda joking, because it sure is a pretty car, but man... so unreliable)

Attached Files:

FerrariFan10, sd dave and vcappp like this.
  21. watt

watt Formula 3

Jun 17, 2004
    Northern Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Giuseppe T Hemingway
    Not happy to hear these problems you’re having. A vortex generator fell off under mine, Ferrari SLC unable to get the part to me.
    Have you tried Tom Fleming head of customer care? He’s helping me.

milannium likes this.
  22. vcappp

vcappp Rookie

Aug 25, 2021
    Thanks for sharing the informative story of your experience with Ferrari Roma electonics issues.

23. vcappp

vcappp Rookie

Aug 25, 2021
    now, did you have a chance to fix the issues? Thanks for sharing, hope Ferrari resolves the electronics problems.

24. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    Pricing can change up to the point car is received at FNA and your window sticker is created...so, no guarantee at all regarding pricing until that occurs.