Does 250 GTO 3451 change the ownership? | FerrariChat

Does 250 GTO 3451 change the ownership?

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by Yosh1No, Oct 2, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Yosh1No

Yosh1No Karting

May 10, 2021
    Hello, everyone, I once registered Ferrari Chat for searching some information about 250 GTO, and I must say lots of you are really knowledgeable. Just now I noticed tfjj posted a 250 GTO, and due to the exterior color and the number on the door I think it is 3451GT, a 1963 ver. 250 GTO owned by Lawrence Stroll, but now, it appears in Monaco with a UK number plate.

tfjj also tags a man named Simon Kidston, so he is probably the new owner? I also searched this number plate 603 XVM, but it registered in Dec, 1996. So I think this car plate once used in other cars, and cannot indicate the transaction’s period.

So is this 250 GTO really changes an owner?

P.S. I am just a newbie in Ferrari Chat, if this kind of question is prohibited, just tell me or delete it, sorry for the bother, hope everyone have a great weekend! Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

375+ and Texas Forever like this.
  2. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    #2 miurasv, Oct 2, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2021
    The 250 GTO is 3451GT, a 1962 version, the 5th by order of chassis number ascension, of a total of 36 built, between 1962 and 1964. Simon Kidston is the broker who sold it quite recently, along with other Ferraris that belonged to Lawrence Stroll.

Yosh1No and Texas Forever like this.
  3. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    #3 miurasv, Oct 2, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2021

Simon Kidston picture from his IG page here.

Attached Files:

Scuderia CC likes this.
  4. Yosh1No

Yosh1No Karting

May 10, 2021
    Thx for your reply! Yes, I saw his post too, but it seems that Ferrari Chat could only upload one picture each time, so I chose to use the tfjj’s photo. But your information is new for me as well, I used to think this guy is the buyer, but I am wrong, haha. Do you know the price? Maybe it would break the records again?

5. PAUL500

PAUL500 F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2013
  6. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    unquestionably the GTO is gorgeous automotive art.

Yosh1No likes this.
  7. Yosh1No

Yosh1No Karting

May 10, 2021
    Yes, I also checked the number plate on this website but it is quite strange IMO. On Barchetta.cc, Dec 1996 was the period that Lawrence Stroll achieved 3451GT, and the same time 603 XVM registered. So Stroll always put this car in UK/or chose to register it with UK plate? 1996 is older than me so I don’t know what he was doing in UK at that time, I think it was way early when he took part in F1 racing team.

8. Yosh1No

Yosh1No Karting

May 10, 2021
    People could have different aesthetic but for this I figure everybody would agree with that! I planned to go to Salon Prive this year but failed due to some Visa problems, hope there will be a feast in 2022, the 60 years’ anniversary.

9. PAUL500

PAUL500 F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2013
    Although it was first registered in the UK in 1996 does not mean it always resided here after that, it may well have gone all over the world, but keeping its registration live in the UK would allow the car to return at any time without additional duties having to be paid no doubt.

Probably just stored here with someone like DK then flown out as and when required to other locations, before returning and going back into storage.

10. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
  11. Yosh1No

Yosh1No Karting

May 10, 2021
    Very nice photo! 3451GT appears in lots of Ferrari Classical activities by Lawrence Stroll, even for a long time it wore a red exterior. Hope its new owner would follow Stroll’s habit as well.

12. Yosh1No

Yosh1No Karting

May 10, 2021
    That’s reasonable, Marcel Massini’s photo indicates it also wore an UK number plate 1 LSS, and from my knowledge, it also used LSR 1 in past, I think all these are UK classical number plates, too.

13. Prancing 12

Prancing 12 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 11, 2004
    The long way home
  14. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    yeah, and? o_O

15. Prancing 12

Prancing 12 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 11, 2004
    The long way home
    I guess I didn't understand why you were posting an old link, referring to the Stroll collection... So to avoid any confusion your post may have caused, I wanted to point out that the Stroll collection was dismantled last year and the subject of this thread is no longer his, hence fixing your post.

16. Carnabys

Carnabys Rookie

Oct 13, 2019
    Full Name:
    Franco
    Still owned by Stroll?

17. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Long gone.

Marcel Massini

18. jdfelter

jdfelter Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2004
    Marcel, how do these people know so much about a car they have never touched or had anything to do with?

19. jdfelter

jdfelter Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2004
    From organizing the purchase from Bajol, (Adrian Hamilton was never there), to the first "restoration" by "Bertocchi" (David C.), the subsequent correction of "Bertocchi's" mistakes by Sport Auto with help from Jean Todt / Ferrari, to our use on the GTO tour (1997) and Tour Auto (1999)
    , to handing the keys to Michael Schumacher in London in for the opening of the Tommy Hilfiger store on Bond Street in London, I know something about the history of this car. Internet experts know much more than us!

20. Bertocchi

Bertocchi Formula 3
    Consultant

Jan 28, 2004
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    David Castelhano
    You're memory is not quite as sharp as you may think.

readplays likes this.
  21. jdfelter

jdfelter Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2004
    I think you meant to say "Your memory is not quite as sharp as you may think."

I have a very sharp memory of the car being rolled out of a trailer for testing and the test being stopped because the car was leaking water. I sent the plane for Wayne Obry and crew to try and fix it and they could not do it in time. I remember flying the car to Italy and having the guys at Sport Auto miraculously get the car fixed in time for the GTO Tour. What have I forgotten?
    This is probably better by PM.
    Best regards,
    Jay

22. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    you “sent the plane’? well played. and kudos to you.

23. Bertocchi

Bertocchi Formula 3
    Consultant

Jan 28, 2004
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    David Castelhano
    My response would quickly become a novel, this is not the forum for it nor do I make a habit of using this bulletin board a venue for personal grievances.

tomgt, readplays and Jack-the-lad like this.