Hamilton deserves more respect | Page 110 | FerrariChat

Hamilton deserves more respect

Discussion in 'F1' started by Natkingcolebasket69, Mar 28, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Hypocrite is a nice upgrade from what I've heard people call Hamilton. I'm liking the progress.

Jakuzzi, JJ and ricksb like this.
  2. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

Not sure that Max wants to preach to anyone :D

Bas likes this.
  3. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Well he is starting already saying that after the race he I in good terms with Hamilton
    We know he hates his guts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ricksb likes this.
  4. Barrylindon

Barrylindon Karting

Mar 20, 2021
    I have to say I was impressed with yesterday driving, he was flawless with a lot of pressure, the problem is that max was equally flawless under a lot of pressure, doesn't seem he can but if he manages to win this championship it will have more value than all the other ones won against Bottas, here he has a real rival, Rosberg was also an amazing driver so I value those also.

F2003-GA and ricksb like this.
  5. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Yeah doesn't seem he has anything to really stand up for, or preach about. Father was a F1 driver so not much issue on his path to F1.

6. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

I wouldn't rate prime Rosberg over prime Button, but Rosberg won 2016 fair and square. Well deserved.

7. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    I guess Nico and jenson are pretty even, elton has more natural talent than both, but he loses to both in other areas (involving brain use), while Max is clearly a superior driver, and now that he has calmed down, i would also add that he's probably smarter...

SimCity3 likes this.
  8. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
  9. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    :eek::eek::eek: Ferrari is behind both McLaren and Red Bull in this favorite team ranking. The Millenials have arrived? (Does Merc even register?)

Senna1994 likes this.
  10. Temerian

Temerian Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 17, 2014
    Manhattan
    Full Name:
    Rick Temerian
    I have to say that in both the after qualifying interviews and after race interviews Hamilton came off much better. In the first he acknowledged the crowd and fans without prompting (Perez couldn't even muster a couple of words in Spanish for all the Mexican flag waving fans and Verstappen is not very forthcoming ever). In the interview after the race Hamilton again gave a shout out to the fans and the venue while both Perez and Verstappen had to be prompted to do so by Button. My wife, who has gotten hooked on F1 through Netflix, likes Hamilton best of all the drivers and I have to say he comes off extremely likable and thoughtful in the show.

ktu and ricksb like this.
  11. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    Interesting. I have always found Max and Checo far more genuine than ham. My main issue with Max in years past was his hotheadedness (and don't get me wrong, when you're in the process of driving a car 200+ mph, some passion is to be expected). At any rate, I've actually enjoyed watching Max maturity grow to match his top notch driving talent.

Something I pondered post-COTA was how Checo endured a GI issue, dehydration, no drink system, and a very hot/bumpy physically demanding race. Somehow he managed to get through the podium ceremony without being a distraction to Max's moment on the top step (ref: ham at Spa).

stavura and Bas like this.
  12. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    I think it’s interesting that he is criticized for always acknowledging the fans…that’s what EVERY driver should do. It shows a certain level of professionalism. I think you and your wife are correct on this topic.

Senna1994 and ktu like this.
  13. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Great post. I never seen others drivers acknowledge the fans as much as Lewis does.

Senna1994 likes this.
  14. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Perez had no drinks since start of the race...after about 20 laps or so he started losing strength in his hands even.
    I don't think it should be a requirement to tell the crowd they're great. It's like a forced apology, it won't feel genuine. That's the reason why Lewis' gets critisized for it, because he started his routine for saying exactly the same thing week in week out at every track ''I love coming to X, this is the best crowd, this place is my favourite''. People catch on quick and figure out that it's all a bit empty...

I think that's one of the reasons Max, Alonso and Kimi are loved by so many, there is no real BS coming out of their mouths. They say what's on their mind, whether that's right or wrong.

15. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    The poster said his wife finds Hamilton more likable because of how he interacts with the fans. Many do. Its how she feels. Don't try to paint another picture and change her mind. Your analogy that people hate him for this differs from the real world. A few haters do, thats it. Fans can also feel when drivers don't acknowledge the fans. It works both ways. His wife and others see it different than you. Let them feel what they feel, leave them alone. Everybody's not meant to hate. And again I see you giving the "being genuine' pass/excuse for other drivers. That's not working anymore. Schumacher was "being genuine" ramming into another driver, he got penalized and left a bad taste for many fans. Max, Alonso all have lost fans for "being genuine"

16. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I'm not trying to change anyones mind. If she likes him, fine by me. I'm disagreeing with the notion that all drivers should acknowledge the crowd, as that's what makes it fake to me.

What's "the real reason" Lewis is hated then? I didn't say it was the sole reason, I'm saying it's a thing Lewis gets criticized for, but you apparently have some real knowledge as to why Lewis is hated so I'd like to know it.

17. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Acknowledging the crowd is a good gesture and shows appreciation. All drivers don't have to do it as Lewis does. Max rarely congrats Lewis as Lewis does when Max wins, he doesn't have to, but it is good sportsmanship. All drivers don't have to thank there team, or be nice to the media, or do anything for that matter, but they are all good things to do.

ricksb likes this.
  18. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    I see it from the standpoint of thanking my clients for their business. Each and every one of them. I think you should appreciate those who support your success. That said, it’s NOT a requirement. Just good practice, imo.

19. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Yeah. Max never fist bumps Lewis when he wins.

:rolleyes:

20. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    But its not genuine :rolleyes:

Its takes two to fist pump, but its a individual effort to congratulate the driver who beat you.

21. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    Do you really think that Hamilton is genuine? Max is no-nonsense BS.

Bas likes this.
  22. gh0st0

gh0st0 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 2, 2018
    Midwest
    I live coming to Fchat f1 sub, the greatest fans come here - Lewis Hamilton

23. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Yes. I think when he congrats Max its genuine. But its not all about genuine, its about having good sportsmanship. Max rarely addresses the crowd and his fans as Lewis does. Those fans made many sacrifices to attend an F1 race, Max and others doesn't seem to care. In football, the losing coach is not focused on being genuine in congratulating the other team. But they display good sportsmanship by shaking hands a congratulating them.

24. JJ

JJ F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 6, 2010
    PA
    Full Name:
    Ever get to know and spend significant time around any Dutch guys?

25. jcurry

jcurry Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Yeah, like going to a concert and the band says "ah, it's great to be back in <insert place>. We always love being here. You guys are great." Then they same the same thing at the next venue. The crowds always eat it up. Its fun to be part of an enthusiastic crowd, but it is nothing more than showmanship on the part of the 'band' (or Lewis). I used to work backstage at concerts during college. As soon as the curtain closes the artist/band could care less about the people on the other side. So the only appreciation implied is that the fans are spending money.

ktu likes this.